Moderator: Community Team

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Scotty »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:05 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:55 am You know what, I may be changing my mind re: Jay. I'll explain in a minute.
Looking at Jay's ISO now. I feel heavily conflicted because on the one hand, he has 3 votes and has seemingly made an effort to keep the game moving despite fighting some serious burnout. That points to town Jay.

On the other hand, I feel like I don't understand what happened to Jay's progression of his reads to some extent. He seemed to genuinely suspect Elo:

Spoiler: show
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:04 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm Why did you call Elo a mafia read, Jay?
Saying I wasn't genuine in being tired of the game because the game just started sounds like fake shit to me. She may have genuinely misunderstood me, but her interpretation given her understanding is hard to take seriously. Did I expect people to think I went from not tired to tired of this game before Day 1 is half over? Silly.
And this suspicion stemmed entirely from Elo's treatment of him. He immediately discarded it as fake.

Then got into this massive back and forth with Quin starting here, using various over the top language, highlighted below:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm Quin, do I think all of my oranges are bad and all of my greens are good?

Ridiculous garbage.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 pm
Quin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm [VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
You had to meander around shit creek to justify placing the third vote on me.

Opportunist.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:10 am
Quin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm Quin, do I think all of my oranges are bad and all of my greens are good?

Ridiculous garbage.
I asked you why I'm bad and you gave me a one or the other with nova. Doesn't apply to the rest.
I your exchange with another player, I thought you looked crappier than that player. The rainbow reflects that apparent crappiness. That doesn't imply that one of you must be bad. That you've stuffed that nonsense into my mouth and then pretended I said it is frankly worse than anything you did before that.

You don't suspect me.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 am
Quin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:21 am Remove the word "crappier". You didn't say that. You didn't indicate an actual read in the slightest. I gave you a cue to elaborate on a read of me with something that didn't rely on a comparison between me and nova and you didn't. You stuffed that nonsense in your own mouth. I only have to read your posts to prove it.
That is a read. If I have cause to say that you look distinctly worse than someone else in any dialogue, then that means at least one thing that you said in that dialogue rubbed me the wrong way -- enough to render you an orange.

I don't have to provide some separate read in which I detach you from nova. That's fucking stupid. The read I have of you is derived from your interaction with nova. To demand that I separate you from that and provide the resulting read is to demand that I not have a read.

You're talking with your ass cheeks.
Looking at this again, the beef I have with this is that Jay is immediately discarding both Elo and Quin's thoughts on him as fake. It doesn't seem apparent to me at any point that Jay is honestly considering whether Elo or Quin could genuinely suspect him. He's NO Uing completely.

I initially thought this looked alright, but thinking about it some more, somehow I think I simultaneously hate the Jay wagon (because those other votes are crap), but am starting to wonder if Jay is in fact bad this game.
To your first paragraph: do you think him claiming burnout (which I wholeheartedly find genuine) is AI specifically to him being civ? That’s the opinion I take from you in that sentence.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[VOTE: TheFloyd] aubergine hasn’t checked in

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm moving my vote to Jay for now.

[VOTE: JAGGEDJIMMYJAY] aubergine

I'm not sure I've been in this position much before, where I absolutely hate the other votes on a wagon and yet think it is the best place for my vote. :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:08 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:05 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:55 am You know what, I may be changing my mind re: Jay. I'll explain in a minute.
Looking at Jay's ISO now. I feel heavily conflicted because on the one hand, he has 3 votes and has seemingly made an effort to keep the game moving despite fighting some serious burnout. That points to town Jay.

On the other hand, I feel like I don't understand what happened to Jay's progression of his reads to some extent. He seemed to genuinely suspect Elo:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:04 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm Why did you call Elo a mafia read, Jay?
Saying I wasn't genuine in being tired of the game because the game just started sounds like fake shit to me. She may have genuinely misunderstood me, but her interpretation given her understanding is hard to take seriously. Did I expect people to think I went from not tired to tired of this game before Day 1 is half over? Silly.
And this suspicion stemmed entirely from Elo's treatment of him. He immediately discarded it as fake.

Then got into this massive back and forth with Quin starting here, using various over the top language, highlighted below:

Ridiculous garbage.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 pm
Quin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm [VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
You had to meander around shit creek to justify placing the third vote on me.

Opportunist.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:10 am
Quin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Ridiculous garbage.
I asked you why I'm bad and you gave me a one or the other with nova. Doesn't apply to the rest.
I your exchange with another player, I thought you looked crappier than that player. The rainbow reflects that apparent crappiness. That doesn't imply that one of you must be bad. That you've stuffed that nonsense into my mouth and then pretended I said it is frankly worse than anything you did before that.

You don't suspect me.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 am
Quin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:21 am Remove the word "crappier". You didn't say that. You didn't indicate an actual read in the slightest. I gave you a cue to elaborate on a read of me with something that didn't rely on a comparison between me and nova and you didn't. You stuffed that nonsense in your own mouth. I only have to read your posts to prove it.
That is a read. If I have cause to say that you look distinctly worse than someone else in any dialogue, then that means at least one thing that you said in that dialogue rubbed me the wrong way -- enough to render you an orange.

I don't have to provide some separate read in which I detach you from nova. That's fucking stupid. The read I have of you is derived from your interaction with nova. To demand that I separate you from that and provide the resulting read is to demand that I not have a read.

You're talking with your ass cheeks.
Looking at this again, the beef I have with this is that Jay is immediately discarding both Elo and Quin's thoughts on him as fake. It doesn't seem apparent to me at any point that Jay is honestly considering whether Elo or Quin could genuinely suspect him. He's NO Uing completely.

I initially thought this looked alright, but thinking about it some more, somehow I think I simultaneously hate the Jay wagon (because those other votes are crap), but am starting to wonder if Jay is in fact bad this game.
To your first paragraph: do you think him claiming burnout (which I wholeheartedly find genuine) is AI specifically to him being civ? That’s the opinion I take from you in that sentence.
No, I don't. Obviously someone can feel mafia burnout regardless of alignment. I suppose I should have worded it more clearly. Rather, one can say there's nothing to take Jay's burnout sentiment as anything other than genuine, and that is NAI, but otherwise his attempts to move the thread and generate content being genuine would indicate he's town. I sort of combined two separate thoughts there, sorry.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I see [mention]lapluie[/mention] hS also voted Floyd, for no discernible reason.

I know why I am there, does lap?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wait, did Elo never actually vote Jay? That's odd.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:09 am I'm moving my vote to Jay for now.

I'm not sure I've been in this position much before, where I absolutely hate the other votes on a wagon and yet think it is the best place for my vote. :haha:
Im perplexed- if you hate the other votes are you saying you hate the reasons they gave and not necessarily find the other people suspicious or you just happen to find the other people suspicious and are disregarding that fact because you find jjj’s iso scummy independent from other factors?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

POE Rainbow - Day 1
ColinIsCool
Epignosis Blackmon
Kylemii
Marmot
Quin

Choutas
Dyslexicon
lapluie
novaselinenever
Scotty
TheFloyd73
wolbre04

Elohcin
JaggedJimmyJay

I'd prefer to vote for any reads that are not green, except for Dizzy; I don't want to vote Dizzy D1 on his first game back with us. I'm not sure I feel comfortable voting for any of the other green reads right now because I am town reading them for various reasons, but many of them are very weak, so this is inevitably subject to change.

GTH I don't like Elo's behavior this game. If anyone is bad with Jay, she is, because their interactions look like both of them are distancing. Otherwise, her actions are meh on their own because she hasn't done anything of note other than supposedly suspect Jay but failed to follow it with a vote or literally anything meaningful. She doesn't care about finding scum.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:14 am

Im perplexed- if you hate the other votes are you saying you hate the reasons they gave and not necessarily find the other people suspicious or you just happen to find the other people suspicious and are disregarding that fact because you find jjj’s iso scummy independent from other factors?
Correct.

Though I may not hate Quin's vote quite as much, depending on Jay's flip, but it'd be nice if he came in and gave us some sort of content that wasn't Jay-related in some way. Otherwise it's eh. Obviously Dizzy's vote is a throwaway for now; he said he'd properly catch up later. That's NAI. And nova's vote is for strange reasons. It'd be nice if he could come back in and address that.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am Wait, did Elo never actually vote Jay? That's odd.
Oh ho. So really, there should be 5 votes on JJJ.

Yeah, I’m avoidig this train like hot fire. Way too easy

[mention]G-Man[/mention] is it possible to update everyone’s ISO when you get a chance? Everyone has posted but Floyd

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:18 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am Wait, did Elo never actually vote Jay? That's odd.

@G-Man is it possible to update everyone’s ISO when you get a chance? Everyone has posted but Floyd
Normally I'd be in 100% agreement with you. But something's off with Jay this game, and I've tried to articulate why I think that makes him look bad. What do you think of what I've highlighted?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:18 am

Correct.

Though I may not hate Quin's vote quite as much, depending on Jay's flip, but it'd be nice if he came in and gave us some sort of content that wasn't Jay-related in some way. Otherwise it's eh. Obviously Dizzy's vote is a throwaway for now; he said he'd properly catch up later. That's NAI. And nova's vote is for strange reasons. It'd be nice if he could come back in and address that.
What do you think of nova right now? I see your rainbow, but it only has 3 colors. Is he closer to the green or orange?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Does anyone actually get the impression that Jay made a meaningful decision in his mind to determine whether the two people accusing him (Elo and Quin) were town or mafia? Townies suspect other townies for shitty reasons all the time. Town Jay would care about that. Instead it looks like Jay just discarded their thoughts and feelings as trash without second thought. That's not town behavior. That's what bugs me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:20 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:18 am

Correct.

What do you think of nova right now? I see your rainbow, but it only has 3 colors. Is he closer to the green or orange?
I'm not really sure what I think of nova. I can take a look at his ISO.

Yeah, my rainbow isn't fully developed yet. The green reads are town reads; regardless of how weak at this stage I'd prefer not to vote for them today. The middle slightly orange reads are my null reads but I guess I could vote for them because they've given me no reason to town read them. Then the bottom section of orange reads are my mafia reads at the moment.

As to whether nova's closer to green or orange... I guess green if I had to pick? That's like soul read level though. My gut says that his accusation seems, at face value, too odd and out of the blue; why would someone fake that? But then again, I don't know if I really believe that.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 am I could be tinfoiling, but if one actually looks at Jay's behavior this game, what has he done? Just turned on people that suspect him and automatically declare them as fake, without any real investigative work.

Tell me what you think.
Tell me what I’ve done with novaselinenever.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Honestly my reads on Elo, nova, and Quin are somewhat dependent on Jay's alignment at this stage, because without exaggeration their only noteworthy behavior has been those interactions with him.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:25 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 am I could be tinfoiling, but if one actually looks at Jay's behavior this game, what has he done? Just turned on people that suspect him and automatically declare them as fake, without any real investigative work.

Tell me what you think.
Tell me what I’ve done with novaselinenever.
In fairness I'll take a look again and get back to you.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:19 am

@G-Man is it possible to update everyone’s ISO when you get a chance? Everyone has posted but Floyd
Normally I'd be in 100% agreement with you. But something's off with Jay this game, and I've tried to articulate why I think that makes him look bad. What do you think of what I've highlighted?
My initial thought during the Quin/JJJ spat was that they look civ. That hasn’t changed.

I agree with your assessment that jjj engaged with Elo and Quin and essentially no-u’d them, but he didn’t hide that fact either. I think he’s backing up his reasoning and is feeling cagey. Which I don’t blame him for- I’d probably be like that too as the front runner on D1.

I think I have to look at the votes on him first and foremost, because I can’t shake he feeling that he has too many errant votes for bs reasons on him. I don’t like nova’s vote, and I don’t even know why dizzy is voting there. Now you’ve come to the conclusion that he’s bad, and there’s a recipe for a mislynch in a 13 Person game.

Unless everyone votig for JJJ right now is town and we’ve just solved the game lol

But nah.

wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by wolbre04 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:47 am Time to check out what's going on the Cindy Kate again. : p
Hiiiiiii Dizzy :D
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:25 am Honestly my reads on Elo, nova, and Quin are somewhat dependent on Jay's alignment at this stage, because without exaggeration their only noteworthy behavior has been those interactions with him.
That should tell you something, not necessarily about their alignments but about the game itself.

Where are we without it?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:19 am

My initial thought during the Quin/JJJ spat was that they look civ. That hasn’t changed.

I agree with your assessment that jjj engaged with Elo and Quin and essentially no-u’d them, but he didn’t hide that fact either. I think he’s backing up his reasoning and is feeling cagey. Which I don’t blame him for- I’d probably be like that too as the front runner on D1.

I think I have to look at the votes on him first and foremost, because I can’t shake he feeling that he has too many errant votes for bs reasons on him. I don’t like nova’s vote, and I don’t even know why dizzy is voting there. Now you’ve come to the conclusion that he’s bad, and there’s a recipe for a mislynch in a 13 Person game.

Unless everyone votig for JJJ right now is town and we’ve just solved the game lol

But nah.
That's all fair, thanks for elaborating.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Where u at coitus [VOTE: Choutas] aubergine
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jay, I'm looking at your interactions with and treatment of nova, and I have a question.

What changed your mind re: nova between this post:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:35 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:10 am
Quin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:58 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:50 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:18 am
Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 am Nova looks AOK to me, woodchuck chuckers. At least he’s asking question(s)!

Here’s a question: who else here has owned a rabbit before?
Was it a good question?
It was since I didn't like your 'check in' post. I can't say I liked your explanation of it neither, nor your reaction to MacDougal's vote.

So here we go,

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
What answer could 3J have given to your question that made asking it relevant to the game of mafia?
What do you mean? I'm not following.

I was prodding him with that question since the post pinged me. It felt awkward and forced.

I like loose and funny check-in posts. His felt weird. Like he had it pre-made or he didn't know what to say and just wrote 'check in post'. I like to pay attention to openers since I believe that's a very awkward phase of the game for baddies. There is no flow or pace to the game at that moment.
Your eyeroll emoji felt awkward and forced.
and this post:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 pm ColinIsCool
Kylemii
M Plus 7
novaselinenever
Scotty

Dyslexicon
TheFloyd73

wolbre04
Quin
MacDougall
lapluie
Elohcin
Choutas

It's not self-evident from reading your posts. I think this is something you discussed with Quin but I'd like to hear it fresh either way.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:29 am Where u at coitus [VOTE: Choutas] aubergine
wolbre. You're cool man, and I'm glad to be playing with you again, but stuff has happened. Don't bother throwing a vote like that. What do you think of that stuff?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:27 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:25 am Honestly my reads on Elo, nova, and Quin are somewhat dependent on Jay's alignment at this stage, because without exaggeration their only noteworthy behavior has been those interactions with him.
That should tell you something, not necessarily about their alignments but about the game itself.

Where are we without it?
I don't think I understand what you're trying to say, sorry.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[mention]wolbre04[/mention] why do you think Mac tacked you on to being on JJJ’s scumteam?

What do you currently think of Marmot, who is claiming to be on a scum team with you?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:30 am Jay, I'm looking at your interactions with and treatment of nova, and I have a question.

What changed your mind re: nova between this post:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:35 am
Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 am Nova looks AOK to me, woodchuck chuckers. At least he’s asking question(s)!

Was it a good question?
It was since I didn't like your 'check in' post. I can't say I liked your explanation of it neither, nor your reaction to MacDougal's vote.

So here we go,

What answer could 3J have given to your question that made asking it relevant to the game of mafia?

I was prodding him with that question since the post pinged me. It felt awkward and forced.

I like loose and funny check-in posts. His felt weird. Like he had it pre-made or he didn't know what to say and just wrote 'check in post'. I like to pay attention to openers since I believe that's a very awkward phase of the game for baddies. There is no flow or pace to the game at that moment.
Your eyeroll emoji felt awkward and forced.
and this post:
Kylemii
M Plus 7
novaselinenever
Scotty

Dyslexicon
TheFloyd73

wolbre04
Quin
MacDougall
lapluie
Elohcin
Choutas

It's not self-evident from reading your posts. I think this is something you discussed with Quin but I'd like to hear it fresh either way.
Oh woah, I didn’t remember seeing that transition.

I too would like to know why nova was on his green list

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty, are you town? Can I trust you?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jay, if you're town I'm sorry to have to put you into this position, but I didn't want to ignore my sneaking suspicions on the matter either. I'd gladly prefer to have you in the game, but not if you're mafia. I just need to see some believable elaboration.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:30 am It's not self-evident from reading your posts. I think this is something you discussed with Quin but I'd like to hear it fresh either way.
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:33 am I too would like to know why nova was on his green list
The initial suspicion was driven by the eyeroll emoji, which I stated for clarity after-the-fact (the initial indication had been the +1/-1). nova's interactions with both Quin and I on the subject continuing from the point of that emoji looked authentic to me, and when I decided it was rainbow time he was someone I thought should be green.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:37 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:30 am It's not self-evident from reading your posts. I think this is something you discussed with Quin but I'd like to hear it fresh either way.
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:33 am I too would like to know why nova was on his green list
The initial suspicion was driven by the eyeroll emoji, which I stated for clarity after-the-fact (the initial indication had been the +1/-1). nova's interactions with both Quin and I on the subject continuing from the point of that emoji looked authentic to me, and when I decided it was rainbow time he was someone I thought should be green.
What specifically inspired your read of authenticity, if you don't mind elaborating a bit more?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

As I have said so many times in the past: "No U" is a stupid accusation. That shit almost never pans out in any meaningful way.

Elohcin made what I thought was a silly accusation. I called her out for it. To her credit, she hasn't stapled herself to that accusation as a justification for joining this shit wagon I find myself on right now.

Quin made what I thought was a silly accusation. I called him out for it. To his credit, he eventually seemed to acknowledge that he might not be making sense and asked for another perspective -- something that I don't believe anyone has offered him yet. Not to his credit, his vote is still parked within said shit wagon.

MacDougall's token poop flings serve no function in this game to this point at least for him, because he hasn't done anything with them. I will absolutely not be giving him any credit for sticking random garbage into the thread without expansion (JJJ is bad / JJJ and wolbre are teammates are pulled from the void, not from anything in this game). Things like that can have purpose if the player builds on them after reactions are generated. Mac has done fuck all with a pile of reactions I have supplied to him beyond a laughter emoji. Zero town points awarded.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:41 am As I have said so many times in the past: "No U" is a stupid accusation. That shit almost never pans out in any meaningful way.

Elohcin made what I thought was a silly accusation. I called her out for it. To her credit, she hasn't stapled herself to that accusation as a justification for joining this shit wagon I find myself on right now.

Quin made what I thought was a silly accusation. I called him out for it. To his credit, he eventually seemed to acknowledge that he might not be making sense and asked for another perspective -- something that I don't believe anyone has offered him yet. Not to his credit, his vote is still parked within said shit wagon.

MacDougall's token poop flings serve no function in this game to this point at least for him, because he hasn't done anything with them. I will absolutely not be giving him any credit for sticking random garbage into the thread without expansion (JJJ is bad / JJJ and wolbre are teammates are pulled from the void, not from anything in this game). Things like that can have purpose if the player builds on them after reactions are generated. Mac has done fuck all with a pile of reactions I have supplied to him beyond a laughter emoji. Zero town points awarded.
Fair enough, thanks.

I'll probably move elsewhere for now, but I'm not sure I'm calling you town yet.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:38 am
What specifically inspired your read of authenticity, if you don't mind elaborating a bit more?
Click the spoiler:

Was it a good question?

So here we go,

Was it a good question?

So here we go,

He's wrong, but he looks like he believes what he is saying. He spoke with frankness and didn't hedge bets. Those accusations are understandable too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Is Floyd the only complete inactive at this stage? Wouldn't it be better if we just let him be replaced?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:43 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:38 am
Click the spoiler:

Was it a good question?

So here we go,

Was it a good question?

So here we go,

He's wrong, but he looks like he believes what he is saying. He spoke with frankness and didn't hedge bets. Those accusations are understandable too.
Yeah, I guess I can see that. Cool, thanks for explaining.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm moving to Elohcin for now. She's done pretty much nothing other than hurl a nonsensical accusation at Jay and then go away.

[VOTE: ELOHCIN] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Dizzy] aubergine

Makes two nothing posts then hitches a ride on a wagon that threatens to mislynch the loudest civilian voice.

No.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:32 am why do you think Mac tacked you on to being on JJJ’s scumteam?

What do you currently think of Marmot, who is claiming to be on a scum team with you?
I played with Mac in Ass Class and he loves prodding people. I think when people are tempted to react quickly and do so, they are much more likely to make some sort of slip or clue to their alignment than if they think it through.
I think him saying that should be taken with a grain of salt. He's just trolling as usual lol
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:31 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:29 am Where u at coitus [VOTE: Choutas] aubergine
wolbre. You're cool man, and I'm glad to be playing with you again, but stuff has happened. Don't bother throwing a vote like that. What do you think of that stuff?
Well personal stuff and work has overtaken me so I'm just really stressed lately. When I get home tonight I will read and see what I can gather, but tbh I haven't been keeping up with this game much. Idk what you even mean by "that stuff" unless you're referring to Mac and JJJ going at it which is probably just normal. I have the same relationship with Lilefer nearly every game n my home forum and we are always both Town lol.
Mac saying that me and JJJ are butt buddies literally has no weight, and shouldn't with anyone. He pulled it out of his ass and is so floppy it puts Ke$ha's discorgraphy to shame
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Also I skimmed and saw someone mention this earlier. But I am not comfortable voting for a wagon like JJJs. If he flips scum than I guess too bad that I refuse to vote him unless he does something messy soon. I'll just vote prod people for now bc I haven't read enough of the game to know whose a good target
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 344

Post by ColinIsCool »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:21 am Does anyone actually get the impression that Jay made a meaningful decision in his mind to determine whether the two people accusing him (Elo and Quin) were town or mafia? Townies suspect other townies for shitty reasons all the time. Town Jay would care about that. Instead it looks like Jay just discarded their thoughts and feelings as trash without second thought. That's not town behavior. That's what bugs me.
I’m going to have to get back to you when I can dig in and focus, but as far as those highlighted parts, it reminded me instantly of him giving the thirs degree to people early on in FE as town.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Done.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for responding, wolbre. Look forward to your further thoughts once you've acclimated with the thread content.

And good to know, Colin, thanks. Especially since I didn't play FE.

I have to return to focusing 100% on work, but I'll be back before the deadline at least.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My time is soon to become restricted in this game. If I do end up lynched, then I want the following to be my last request:

Make this game move in my absence and give a strong effort. If you kill your most effortful contributor and then let the game snail along, you literally will owe me an apology. Spare yourself that awkward nonsense and let it roll. In my ever-conceited view, I have been almost the only thing standing in the way of this game devolving into the same kind of horrible pace that resulted in the cakewalk mafia wins of Great Gatsby and 2018 Syndicate Mafia, and that I controlled easily in Phenon Origins.

Don't take the ability out of my hands to influence my own chance to win and then guarantee that I will lose by playing lazy Mafia.

Or else.

I'll be around throughout the day, but not really in real time. I'll have to pick my spots.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:37 am
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:58 am [VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine

After browsing through his ISO, he's exhibiting behavior that I exhibit when I'm mafia. Nearly all of his posts are short. Many of them are uninspiring questions, including the following.

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:22 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:06 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:42 am [VOTE: WOLBRE04] aubergine
?
Just hoping you'd show. What's up? :slick:
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:32 pm well, at least that was a quick catch up. I agree this game is less serious than usual at the moment. There are a lot of votes being thrown around. I personally like votes that are not changeable only because it forces players to think more about who they are voting for. There are no "pressure votes" and what not. As of right now, I can see why JJJ has the most votes (even though it's only 2). His excuses for not carrying the thread don't feel genuine. He is participating enough in another game he is in. I may vote that way but first I would like to hear from others more. I don't like to just throw votes around. Who here is born again?
What specifically is not genuine?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 pm
Kylemii
M Plus 7
novaselinenever
Scotty

Dyslexicon
TheFloyd73

wolbre04
Quin
MacDougall
lapluie
Elohcin
Choutas
I think the green reads are generally agreeable or understandable, but can you explain Nova and Scotty at all?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:51 pm What exactly is a soul read again, just gut?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:12 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 pm The game just started.
I'm not talking about G-Man's Easter Mafia.

I am talking about Mafia.

All of it.
I see. Well, if I'm honest, I feel the same way.
Why?

I see that Elohcin gave a long explanation, in response to the last question, but I see a lot of soft pressing without any follow-through. No hardcore scumhunting, just going through the motions.

This guy is mafia.
I appreciate your attention, but you are mistaken.

Your thoughts are predicated on the comparison that my gameplay is similar to yours, specifically in that what is alignment indicative for you also is for me, but I don't think that's true. Would you say that we play similarly enough that such a comparison would prove meaningful? I wouldn't.

It's true I'm not in hardcore scum hunting mode yet, I'll give you that. I'm working my way there. Doesn't mean I'm mafia. If anything, whenever I'm mafia I always feel pressured to force that much earlier on. Instead I think my ISO displays that I'm trying to let it happen organically. I have nothing to hide.
My other point of comparison is Ancient Greece Mafia, you were a civilian in that game, and towned it up hard Day 0 through Day 1 and onward, voicing opinions on events that happened, early and often.

That wasn't happening here (I haven't read your most recent posts yet mind you). I get that this game has gotten off to a slow start, but my gut (not my soul) tells me that you're scum.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:45 am Marmot, I actually trust you right now more than anyone. You got any other juicy content to throw my way? Let's work through this.
I can give you more. Need to hop on a work call, but I'll have a bit more time later this afternoon. Get your shit ready folks, if you really want to lynch Jay than you'll have my activity to deal with. :ohyeah:

To be honest, I didn't read the Jay/Quin back-in-forth in depth, but I dislike Jay's defense of "Don't lynch your most active player". Would he say the same about dunya?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:21 am Does anyone actually get the impression that Jay made a meaningful decision in his mind to determine whether the two people accusing him (Elo and Quin) were town or mafia? Townies suspect other townies for shitty reasons all the time. Town Jay would care about that. Instead it looks like Jay just discarded their thoughts and feelings as trash without second thought. That's not town behavior. That's what bugs me.
Alright, I will look into Jay's interactions with Quin in a bit.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pmbut I dislike Jay's defense of "Don't lynch your most active player". Would he say the same about dunya?
It seems the most popular meme in recent Syndicate history is to morph Jay's words into something brazenly stupid and then criticize them. I am everyone's favorite straw man. :disappoint:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:44 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pmbut I dislike Jay's defense of "Don't lynch your most active player". Would he say the same about dunya?
It seems the most popular meme in recent Syndicate history is to morph Jay's words into something brazenly stupid and then criticize them. I am everyone's favorite straw man. :disappoint:
I don’t think you’re made out of straw, jjj. More like cement.

The heaviest, least-cuddlable teddy bear around

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:41 pm dunya?

Return to “Previous Heists”