Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:22 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:26 pm
nutella wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:21 pm fresh artisanal wood-fired rainbow comin in hot (G hasn't even sent me my role yet lmao so these are ultra genuine)

JaggedJimmyJay
Dyslexicon

Quin
lapluie
Kylemii

ColinIsCool
Charlie Blacknosis
Scotty

Marmot
M Plus 7

Elohcin

These are super weak though all around I've changed my mind multiple times on most people while reading the thread. For example when I read most of day 1 I was 100% civ on MP, but he has some bad looks around how the Choutas lynch eventually went down. Can't really decide how I feel about Marmot either.

Now just to find out my alignment. :mafia:
I wouldn't treat a teammate so transparently terribly, but you know, WIFOM and my word and all of that, so I get it.
I don’t think you treated choutas terribly, and I don’t think that’s the gist of what nutella is suggesting either. I think you left yourself outs for sure, after only lightly prodding choutas beforehand
Let's just say if I was mafia this game and as invested in it as I am (moderate to strong investment), and that (what's evident in my ISO) was the way I treated a teammate, I would be incredibly disappointed by my gameplay.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:00 am
I wouldn't treat a teammate so transparently terribly, but you know, WIFOM and my word and all of that, so I get it.
I don’t think you treated choutas terribly, and I don’t think that’s the gist of what nutella is suggesting either. I think you left yourself outs for sure, after only lightly prodding choutas beforehand
Yeah, actually MP what did you mean by this?? Especially considering you said this earlier:
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:15 am

Yeah, speaking in the general, I would too. Historically I've defended, bussed, and spoken almost nothing or nothing of lynched mafia teammates in the past, but my inclination is always to bus them. If I do anything other than that, it's because I have to convince my gut that it's a better option. To me, bussing is less risky than defending, all else being equal, but you're right that it completely defends on the circumstances of the bus, because players sloppily bus each other all the time to no avail. It happens to anyone willing to take the risks of bussing eventually.
See recent response.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Marmot wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:45 pm I don’t know what to tell you Scotty. I don’t see what I said as measurably any different from, say, what MP has done in the thread, circling and considering different people in different lights.
Which it's funny you say that, because I think MP is bad. :biggrin:

I dunno, maybe I'm town-tunnelling Colin, but I think he deserves it.
Seriously, stop.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:45 pm I don’t know what to tell you Scotty. I don’t see what I said as measurably any different from, say, what MP has done in the thread, circling and considering different people in different lights.
But you suspect me. So why would you use this specific line of defense?

Consider me pinged.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tinfoil GTH: Jay, Marmot, and Colin are bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll be back to do ISOs later.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 344

Post by ColinIsCool »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:36 pm
But you suspect me. So why would you use this specific line of defense?

Consider me pinged.
It’s more like, why wouldn’t you also call MP out for that, if that’s what you’re going to find suspicious? My suspicion of you is more to do with your vote on Choutas than anything.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:37 pm Tinfoil GTH: Jay, Marmot, and Colin are bad.
You know there’s 2 scum left, right? :p
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

lapluie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:37 pm
lapluie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:35 pm Colin & marmot r bad
No u
Audible gasp
:haha:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jay's quietness this night has me tinfoiling him as bad. Where you at my uncuddly bear dude?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kyle too. You've been quiet. How are your isos going? You ready to lunch on rabbits tomorrow?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[mention]nutella[/mention] you said you can't decide on your read of me, but I'm listed as medium-strong scum in your rainbow. Why?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon entered the game later than most players and is someone I clashed a bit Day 1. Dizzy immediately voted JJJ Day 1 for no reason. I wary of Dizzy initially, but I have warmed a bit.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:51 am [VOTE: Jimmeeeeeeeyyy] aubergine
Dizzy then proceeded to respond to a lot of people, including a call-out of Choutas for not doing anything, which could go either way, honestly. I could see it being a legitimate question mark for a townie, or a way for a scum to be not as polite with a teammate. But the scumhunting that followed felt earnest, making provocations of others. Dizzy ended up voting for me, which I don't like, but I don't think it points to a scumtell.

My townread of Dizzy is further strengthened by our similar reactions to the Choutas lynch — why did the latecomers jump on? I agree with the logic, I agreed at the time with the conclusions, so all good for me up to this point.

Dizzy's vote for Charlie Blackmon here is a little stranger to me. I don't see anything wrong with his statement on its own, and his activity level in this game matches his activity level in U-Pick currently, where he's confirmed town. Granted, Dizzy isn't in that game, so ... not really a scumtell either at the end of the day, but still seems off.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:29 pm Also, feel weird to ask this, but those who suspect me, what's your thoughts and stuff? Cause I don't feel real suspicion. Marmot, etc?
Interesting post. I would be surprised if a scum would stick their neck out like that, then again WIFOM, but my gut reaction is that a scum with 1 teammate dead would not.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:50 pm
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:47 pmHe pretended like he didn't know you were out.

Here, he "confused" one game with another with his initial treatment of me.

I don't buy it.
What would be the scum benefit of the mistake in this game?

I've been considering Wolbre more in my mind lately. I guess I'm not opposed to flipping him.

Also, you're probably town, cause feels and stuff.
On the other hand, this reversal toward Charlie felt a little sudden to me; I had to double check that I was getting the interaction correct. That gives me some pause, and it's (tinfoilly) possible there's more going on in these interactions than meets the eye. But overall, I feel decently about Dizzy.

GOOD STUFF!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:00 am
Yeah, actually MP what did you mean by this?? Especially considering you said this earlier:
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:15 am

Yeah, speaking in the general, I would too. Historically I've defended, bussed, and spoken almost nothing or nothing of lynched mafia teammates in the past, but my inclination is always to bus them. If I do anything other than that, it's because I have to convince my gut that it's a better option. To me, bussing is less risky than defending, all else being equal, but you're right that it completely defends on the circumstances of the bus, because players sloppily bus each other all the time to no avail. It happens to anyone willing to take the risks of bussing eventually.
See recent response.
Sorry, I still don't understand. What "treatment" are you referring to?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:37 pm Tinfoil GTH: Jay, Marmot, and Colin are bad.
Aren't there only two left?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marmot wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:11 pm @nutella you said you can't decide on your read of me, but I'm listed as medium-strong scum in your rainbow. Why?
Your choutas interaction looked gth bad, your participation/style is abnormal, couple other factors I think but I can see you either way.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marmot wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:55 pm Jay's quietness this night has me tinfoiling him as bad. Where you at my uncuddly bear dude?
I think dunya mentioned in the other game that he's busy/ out of town or something today
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Elohcin
I have never played a game to completion with Elohcin and I don't know much about her play. I do know she's been here for a long time, and I assume she and Charlie Blackmon have nothing better to do than talk about Mafia strategies together, so I approach Elohcin with trepidation based on reputation alone. Elohcin doesn't have a lot of posts, and a lot of them mention being busy, or catching up, or what have you. It's clear Elohcin is not attempting to be a "supertown" scum. It's less clear whether she's telling the truth or if she's laying low as a strategy.

She picks a fight with JJJ Day 1. Nothing big there. Later on, we have this post:
Elohcin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:55 pm votes Dizzy. Ephraim said so.
Strange, strange, strange. For a townie to make this post, it's an admission of throwing your vote away on somebody you may or may not suspect (we don't know). For a scum to make this post, it instantly attracts heat — so much heat that you sort of think, "There's no way Elohcin is scum if she's playing like that." It would be a gambit, quite frankly, for a scum Elohcin to do that. So what I am wondering is: how likely is that? I don't know the answer. Let's read on, and keep the vote in mind for this post:
Elohcin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 am
Marmot wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:58 am
Elohcin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:45 am Good job guys! As I was reading through what was going on, I would have changed to Chou if I were here EoD. But alas, I was hanging out with the family.

I will try to be more active. My heart's just not in it.
Charlie Blackmon can keep your heart. I'll take a read or two instead. :grin:
I think you, jay, and dyslexicon seem trustworthy.
What to make of that? No clue.
Elohcin wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:07 am Okay, days are 48 hours and day ends tonight when means we are a little over halfway done with the day. I am a suspect. I don't remember why. I think I was suspecting wolbre. I don't remember why. I will vote there.
Another vote without admittedly much thought. If this is a schtick, Eloh is fully committed to it and all the heat that it brings. I'll admit that that brings me more into thinking this is all genuine, but I may be more risk averse as a scum than Eloh.
Elohcin wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:08 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:30 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:24 am I think Elo and wolbre are potentially teammate compatible.

What strikes me as notable re: Elo's gameplay since after D1. She said she would have voted Choutas if she was here, but never elaborated upon that even though it was asked of her. Now she's voting for wolbre even though she doesn't "remember". I think she could be exhibiting TMI.

Otherwise, I lean towards a scum Elo and town wolbre.

A town Elo and scum wolbre is possible, I guess, but I'm not feeling it. If wolbre is bad, she's almost certainly bad.
Elohcin did state earlier why she suspected wolbre, because she thought he made the nightkill. So even though she forgot, she did give a reason at least.

My opinion, Elohcin is going through some mafia burnout right now, and is being openly uninvested as a result. Do I think it's alignment indicative? Yes, I do think she's a civilian as a result.
You are a doll. You are exactly correct in everything you say here. Wolbre said he was new to mafia. He was the only one that claimed a newbie when I asked the thread. So, that led to my conclusion of thinking he carried out the first night kill
But the logic here feels exceptionally poor, and like an excuse to justify suspecting wolbre. It's as if she came into the thread and said "Hey, who killed nova?" and wolbre said "I did!"
Elohcin wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:28 pm I remember my other thought was that floyd might be a baddie. I am willing to move my vote off wol if the thread has a better lynch candidate, however, only if I am not in a saving-myself situation.
I am also wondering what indicators Eloh has from a person without any posts that they may be a baddie. She explains it with the nightkill choice, but I don't see what activity of members has to do with logic of the kill here.
Elohcin wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:34 am That lynch really stank. I wasn't around for EoD and If my life wasn't threatened, I could have been convinced to vote elsewhere.
A post like this, imo, kind of stinks. It's washing your hands of the results so you can't be responsible for the lynch of a townie but ... that's not how it happened.
Elohcin wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 am At least I can feel safe from the night kill tonight.
And maybe it's a bias, but stuff like this just makes my sensors go BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Overall, Elohcin's ISO does not give me a lot of confidence in her towniness. It's very possible that she's burnt out and tired and busy, but there are also some fishy choices and arguments independent of any of that stuff that I'm not a fan of.
NOT GREAT, DUDE
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Charlie Baseballs

I have only ever seen a town Charlie in the wild. My first game here, I scumread the heck out of him and was righteously made to look a fool for it. I approach him with trepidation as well, having never seen what he's capable of as a baddie, but let that all be a disclaimer for my read.

Most of Charlie's posts are playful and not explicitly contributing to the scumhunting at hand, but there are plenty of mafia-solving posts in between all the baseball:
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:37 am The manager gets pretty upset when we're on the Internet and not listening to him, but I'm in the bathroom right now to squeeze this in:

I believe wolbre04 is in the same lineup as Cooties. The reason I say this is when he had my name in blue, he said he was thinking about "Upickem," which reminded me of this one Iranian ball player Hassan Upickem, who many years ago killed a man and acted like the victim was still alive. Crazy guy actually got away with it. This feels like a similar ruse.
IIRC, this was one of the first suspicions raised of wolbre before he got defensive and made a lot of us think he was hiding something. I may not have explicitly commented on the "ruse theory" here, but I think I understand what he was saying and it made sense to me as possibly pointing toward a scum wolbre, so nothing alarming in that.

I have nothing else to say about Charlie. He has contributions, but they are pointed and bare (which is not a criticism, mind you). He's not going to stick his neck out to say just anything, and he's not going to get caught up in language in a way a lot of scum can. I find myself having less of an explicit reason to townread him than I thought, though, which is troubling. I want to see more from Charlie, and I want to hear more about his scum technique, too. For now, Charlie gets to, uh, second base?
SECOND BASE
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:24 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:11 pm @nutella you said you can't decide on your read of me, but I'm listed as medium-strong scum in your rainbow. Why?
Your choutas interaction looked gth bad, your participation/style is abnormal, couple other factors I think but I can see you either way.
I can live with that. I don't exactly strive to be... normal. :goofp:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m traveling. You’ll see me when you see me.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JigJagJoe
Jay is formidable. I don't remember what his scum game looks like, but I wouldn't want to be on the other team of this guy in any game. MP said he is very good at replicating his town persona while scum, so I have tried extra hard in my ISOing to be skeptical and/or critical of things to see what's out of the ordinary.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:52 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:32 pm As of right now, I can see why JJJ has the most votes (even though it's only 2). His excuses for not carrying the thread don't feel genuine. He is participating enough in another game he is in.
If you feel that carrying the thread is important, why don't you give it a try?

I'm not doing it. If it's on me every game, then we're going to lose and it will be a mafia cakewalk.
Jay says he is weary of us and our problems. If I may tinfoil, could this have been a pre-emptive excuse to lay low a bit as scum? It literally doesn't matter, because I have five pages of posts to read from the guy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 pm ColinIsCool
Kylemii
M Plus 7
novaselinenever
Scotty

Dyslexicon
TheFloyd73

wolbre04
Quin
MacDougall
lapluie
Elohcin
Choutas
This list jumped out at me — a confirmed scum at the very very bottom (even though he says they're not ordered like that)? Hmm. This is the first mention of Choutas in his ISO. He further calls him out for making a "phony" comment on Day 1 WIFOM. Would a scum Jay go at his teammates that hard?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:41 am As I have said so many times in the past: "No U" is a stupid accusation. That shit almost never pans out in any meaningful way.

Elohcin made what I thought was a silly accusation. I called her out for it. To her credit, she hasn't stapled herself to that accusation as a justification for joining this shit wagon I find myself on right now.

Quin made what I thought was a silly accusation. I called him out for it. To his credit, he eventually seemed to acknowledge that he might not be making sense and asked for another perspective -- something that I don't believe anyone has offered him yet. Not to his credit, his vote is still parked within said shit wagon.

MacDougall's token poop flings serve no function in this game to this point at least for him, because he hasn't done anything with them. I will absolutely not be giving him any credit for sticking random garbage into the thread without expansion (JJJ is bad / JJJ and wolbre are teammates are pulled from the void, not from anything in this game). Things like that can have purpose if the player builds on them after reactions are generated. Mac has done fuck all with a pile of reactions I have supplied to him beyond a laughter emoji. Zero town points awarded.
This to me is what town Jay's thinking looks like — unafraid of sweeping statements, unafraid of butting heads and provoking other big players, clear and expletive-laden.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:31 pm My time is soon to become restricted in this game. If I do end up lynched, then I want the following to be my last request:

Make this game move in my absence and give a strong effort. If you kill your most effortful contributor and then let the game snail along, you literally will owe me an apology. Spare yourself that awkward nonsense and let it roll. In my ever-conceited view, I have been almost the only thing standing in the way of this game devolving into the same kind of horrible pace that resulted in the cakewalk mafia wins of Great Gatsby and 2018 Syndicate Mafia, and that I controlled easily in Phenon Origins.

Don't take the ability out of my hands to influence my own chance to win and then guarantee that I will lose by playing lazy Mafia.

Or else.

I'll be around throughout the day, but not really in real time. I'll have to pick my spots.
This, too, feels earnest. I believe that a scum Jay would take the effort he put into this post and instead put it into a spirited defense of himself, or an offense on someone else. Whatever it would be, not this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:26 pm Players, please talk to me about...

Choutas
And unless I recall incorrectly, isn't this where the tide basically ended up turning against Choutas? I don't know if Jay is crazy enough as a scum member to make a sacrifice play against a teammate like that.

Later on, post-Choutas, Jay does interactive reads of every player. His read on wolbre is yellow. I agree with the thoughts he entertains here and I don't see anything particularly strange about it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:27 pm nova has done nothing since his earliest spat with Quin and I. High suspect.

Charlie Baseball has done nothing since he did nothing. High suspect.

wolbre04 has problem moments, and someone needs to check his ISO against the one he produced in Ass Class.
Despite my lack of comments above, I do think JJJ is being a little unfair to Baseballs here. Dunno what to make of that.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:30 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:28 pm Tldr my vote on Choctaw was an unprecedented wagon on scum. Cool
It wasn’t a wagon until I made it one.
He calls out wolbre for claiming credit for the wagon, by ... claiming credit for the wagon? Kinda weird, but I don't know if it points to anything. Could just be a semantic thing here about "wagon" honestly.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:39 pm I'm considering lynching Quin. His only sign of life today was to freak the hell out about some Dizzy interpretation of his own posts. I don't see evidence that this guy gives a crap about the hunt.
The accusation of "easy lynches" must be bugging me, because this stuck out. Rather than substantiate a case on someone's content, JJJ warms up to the idea of substantiating one on someone's lack thereof. Is that easier than actually having to pick apart someone's posts and find something scummy, if you're scum? Sure is.

JJJ ended up hounding Quin for a while before settling on wolbre after Quin's resurgence in the thread. I don't have JJJ cleared as a 100% town — maybe part of that is a general wariness I associate with all high-level players — but I'm pretty good with where I stand on the guy now. I really would like others to comb through and see if there's something I missed, though.

IF HE'S SCUM I'M BAD AT THIS
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Totally Kylemii

I don't know if I've ever seen a scum Kylemii either. This is a trend for this game for me, which is pretty unfortunate for my reads, but onwards.

I liked what I saw from Kyle early on and said so. He voiced opposition to lynching Jay, who I have townread, so that's good. He also was not slow to call out Choutas:
Kylemii wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:58 pm biggest thing to stick out at me about choutas is that he complained about there not being much happening in the game and proceeded to not do anything about it
And then several other posts where he makes it clear he's not gonna accept an excuse. If it was a bus, it was driven right over Choutas's face. That's a great town look, in other words.
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:20 pm
G-Man wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:40 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:53 pm people kept referencing Gladys Campbell and I thought it was just like some incredibly specific reference to an old actor or something
-5 Hillary Points for not reading the host posts, which involve- wait for it-

Gladys Campbell.

:disappoint:
i've never read anything in my life, i'm a cool jock that plays sports and flexes my muscles :\
WIFOM alert, but I feel like a scum would recognize the role and not make a post like this too.

Kyle switches to wolbre after seeing the Quin resurgence, just like JJJ. In general, Kyle has contributed less than I remembered, but when he has, it's been on-point and if it's a bus job, again, it's one hell of an effort. I don't see a Kyle lynch happening for the time being at all.
GOOD BOY
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lapluuuuuuuuuuuie
I have been critical of Lap in the game so far. I was unsatisfied by cagey posts I saw early on, and the suspicion has remained. That's all documented, so I spent my ISO seeing if there's anything that jumps out as particularly noteworthy toward changing my mind or cementing my suspicions. Short story made shorter: there wasn't.

lapluie is well documented as not being a fan of Eloh, consistently (here's a sample):
lapluie wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:50 pm I dont think wolbre is bad he sounds very sincere in his arguments & inputs, meanwhile eloh isn't really giving us much shes basically saying "meh ok im not gonna die so I'll vote for wolbre" without defending herself or even trying .
As well as of Marmot:
lapluie wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:02 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:36 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:55 pmWhy is my the timing of my vote suspect?
Uh... haven't we been through this a couple of times now?
This is why he's a bad egg
The suspicion of Eloh is very consistent, so let's say Eloh is lynched and flips scum — I see that as good for lap. With Marmot, not so sure, but the point is lapluie hasn't been contradictory here overall, which is good.

Biggest thing to jump out at me was this post, though:
lapluie wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:11 pm Quin throwing in the towel!!! May as well vote for him too since he isn't so enthusiastic on staying alive or even participating in game anymore
Eeeee .... could this be opportunism of a scum? Preserve the wolbre case for the next day, maybe? I dunno. My read of lapluie is pretty dependent on a few other things happening before it can be solidified, but for now, I have reason to not believe the best.
REASON TO NOT BELIEVE THE BEST
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

My colors aren't going to be consistent at all here so don't read into those as being indicative of degree, please
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by ColinIsCool »

Wow, MP Posts A Lot
Have I played with any of you as scum? I don't know. Jesus.

MP has 300 posts and the biggest ping I have from him so far is his late vote on the Choutas wagon. It felt so very scummy to me. But I will do a deep dive to see whether those feelings hold.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:05 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:55 am You know what, I may be changing my mind re: Jay. I'll explain in a minute.
Looking at Jay's ISO now. I feel heavily conflicted because on the one hand, he has 3 votes and has seemingly made an effort to keep the game moving despite fighting some serious burnout. That points to town Jay.

On the other hand, I feel like I don't understand what happened to Jay's progression of his reads to some extent. He seemed to genuinely suspect Elo:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:04 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm Why did you call Elo a mafia read, Jay?
Saying I wasn't genuine in being tired of the game because the game just started sounds like fake shit to me. She may have genuinely misunderstood me, but her interpretation given her understanding is hard to take seriously. Did I expect people to think I went from not tired to tired of this game before Day 1 is half over? Silly.
And this suspicion stemmed entirely from Elo's treatment of him. He immediately discarded it as fake.

Then got into this massive back and forth with Quin starting here, using various over the top language, highlighted below:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm Quin, do I think all of my oranges are bad and all of my greens are good?

Ridiculous garbage.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 pm
Quin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm [VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
You had to meander around shit creek to justify placing the third vote on me.

Opportunist.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:10 am
Quin wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm Quin, do I think all of my oranges are bad and all of my greens are good?

Ridiculous garbage.
I asked you why I'm bad and you gave me a one or the other with nova. Doesn't apply to the rest.
I your exchange with another player, I thought you looked crappier than that player. The rainbow reflects that apparent crappiness. That doesn't imply that one of you must be bad. That you've stuffed that nonsense into my mouth and then pretended I said it is frankly worse than anything you did before that.

You don't suspect me.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 am
Quin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:21 am Remove the word "crappier". You didn't say that. You didn't indicate an actual read in the slightest. I gave you a cue to elaborate on a read of me with something that didn't rely on a comparison between me and nova and you didn't. You stuffed that nonsense in your own mouth. I only have to read your posts to prove it.
That is a read. If I have cause to say that you look distinctly worse than someone else in any dialogue, then that means at least one thing that you said in that dialogue rubbed me the wrong way -- enough to render you an orange.

I don't have to provide some separate read in which I detach you from nova. That's fucking stupid. The read I have of you is derived from your interaction with nova. To demand that I separate you from that and provide the resulting read is to demand that I not have a read.

You're talking with your ass cheeks.
Looking at this again, the beef I have with this is that Jay is immediately discarding both Elo and Quin's thoughts on him as fake. It doesn't seem apparent to me at any point that Jay is honestly considering whether Elo or Quin could genuinely suspect him. He's NO Uing completely.

I initially thought this looked alright, but thinking about it some more, somehow I think I simultaneously hate the Jay wagon (because those other votes are crap), but am starting to wonder if Jay is in fact bad this game.
I didn't agree with MP's conclusion here and, reading it back, I entertained a hypothetical where MP walks in the thread, sees a promising Jay wagon (let's assume Jay is town) and decides he's gonna FUCKING GO FOR IT. Worth a shot, right? He doesn't let go of it easily, which could underline its genuine qualities or the fact that he really wants Jay dead ... But, yeah, tinfoil, so let's move on, he's reckoned with this already anyway.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:30 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:29 pm I don't think I'm being unfair, just point out a thing that I found suspicious :[
I did not mean to imply you are doing anything against the spirit of the game, apologies. You're fine. You're incorrectly tunneling me, but it's fine; it goes with the game.
I like everybody here, but MP is really cordial and nice compared to the rest of you (lol) ... is that sometimes a scum strategy for him? Because if I were him it would be for me. Not buddying but like ... something that transcends it. I dunno. This moreso noteworthy because he doesn't like Jay's tunneling shortly thereafter:
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:30 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:29 pm I don't think I'm being unfair, just point out a thing that I found suspicious :[
I did not mean to imply you are doing anything against the spirit of the game, apologies. You're fine. You're incorrectly tunneling me, but it's fine; it goes with the game.
Hmmmm??

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:10 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:47 am On my phone and it’s a pain so I won’t quote, but MP, when you speak of paranoia above, what kind of mafia manipulation are you talking about? Do you think it’s more likely a scum team will all pile together at last second to save one of their own (as they would have had to do to stop Choutas’s lynch) or that they’ll read the writing on the wall and do what they can to look like they wanted him dead? I think the second is much more likely, tbh.
That's a good question, Colin. Either situation is possible. I'd say it depends on the circumstances and the players comprising the mafia team.
I found myself not wholly satisfied with this non-answer. It could be genuine, or it could be a bonafide non-answer.

Then we have this:
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:22 am
Elohcin wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:07 am Okay, days are 48 hours and day ends tonight when means we are a little over halfway done with the day. I am a suspect. I don't remember why. I think I was suspecting wolbre. I don't remember why. I will vote there.
What the actual fuck is this

Like, seriously, what is supposed to be done with this? It's almost policy lynch material IMO.
But then eventually this, after Marmot offers a simply defense of Eloh:
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:32 pm I don't think I want to lynch Elo or wolbre today.
Struck me kinda funny and inconsistent. Not to mention, there is distancing here from the wolbre lynch. I don't know what that says about Eloh. But he jumps on the Quin wagon with almost no convincing at all.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:18 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 pm I'm going to [VOTE: Quin] aubergine
Why?
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:18 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:58 pm Me too. [VOTE: Quin] aubergine

I don’t believe he has real reads.
I don't think he does either.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:16 pm My preference for the current three wagons:

Quin > wolbre04 > Elohcin
I'd say:

Quin > wolbre04 = Elohcin

I feel about the same about both of them now, slight town I suppose.
These posts are all in succession. That "Why?" to me seems skeptical; the others are anything but.

All in all, I gotta agree with Mr. Baseballs on this:
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 pm
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:41 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:32 pm If right now it was Day 2 and I had ten seconds to place a final vote, it would be for Charlie Blackmon.
Why?
Of the people who have made at least one post, he is the only one for whom I cannot think of one favorable point.
I can get behind that.
Of course you can. You've gotten behind everything.
What does that mean?
You have 227 posts and they collectively support every single possibility in the universe.
MP has done a lot of contributing, a lot of mafia-solving, a lot of stuff in this game. He's scrapped with most people and he's voiced an abundance of opinions. I appreciate that, but I am also wary of it for reasons I can't quite articulate. Beyond the things that pinged me in this post, I find myself resorting to a justification I saw a lot in MP's own post history: my gut.

NOT FEELING ALL THAT GREAT, KINDA SCARED TBH
(the colors weren't working but this is orangey or red or whatever)
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Let me also admit that I have been traumatized in previous Mafia games and I am automatically sketched out by the most active person playing, so MP unfortunately has that going against him which isn't necessarily fair.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Aaaaand my aunt will be here very shortly, so, I don't have time to do more. If I die plz get a scum for me.

GTH reads (not ISO informed)

Marmot — sketched out by Choutas vote, do not like that he's more active than I remember town Marmot being, along lines with MP
nutella — yeah, OK
Quin — his resurgence last night felt genuine to me, but I have such a hard time getting a read on this guy. leaning true neutral to town but it could really be anywhere
Scotty — didn't like his latest line of argument against me, hard reading him too, but I would put him slightly above Quin for now because he looks like his AG play
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by dunya »

lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 190

Post by lapluie »

You cant fool me [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] Im onto you , I've caught you once & I'll do it again
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 487

Post by Dyslexicon »

dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 pm Image
Airplane! <3
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

lapluie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:08 pm You cant fool me @ColinIsCool Im onto you , I've caught you once & I'll do it again
Alright, so do it? : p
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

lapluie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:08 pm You cant fool me @ColinIsCool Im onto you , I've caught you once & I'll do it again
Best of luck to you.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Not caught up, and won't be until tomorrow.

BUT. I've been thinking about my constant uncertainty as town lately, and that I should stop being dumb and not be afraid to be wrong. I really think I could have and should have stuck with my town read on Wolbre.

So this looks something like - there's one particular aspect of MP's play that makes me think town for him. Don't really want to say what in case I'm right.

I still suspect Marmot. I just do. Rah rah.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Being the generous type that I am, I'll just say Jimmeey, Kyle, MP and Colin for town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I could conceive of a Marmot/lapluie team. Because I'm lol.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 pm Image
You're not even in this game. :p

Strawhenge did this a whole bunch in his first game here. I think of him every time I post it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella good
Scotty good
MP good
Dizzy good
Kyle good
lapluie good

Colin tinfoil

Marmot no
Epignosis no
Elohcin no
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by dunya »

I'm a replacement and cheerleader. :pout:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin exists

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:21 pm I could conceive of a Marmot/lapluie team. Because I'm lol.
I think he'd claw me
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 pm Colin tinfoil
Looking forward to it!
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:09 pm
Alright, so do it? : p
Ok just you watch me
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 pm nutella good
Scotty good
MP good
Dizzy good
Kyle good
lapluie good

Colin tinfoil

Marmot no
Epignosis no
Elohcin no
Solid. Much agreement here.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:27 pm Quin exists
Mmm not sure if I agree there.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

The power of love is a curious thing. It can make one man weep and another man sing. It can change a heart into a little white dove. It's more than just a feeling; that's the power of love.

The power of prayer (or rather the belief in the power of prayer) is a little touchier. Some people have strong beliefs one way or the other on the power of prayer. Some think it is a genuine force and others believe it's absurd superstition. Some people pray with confidence, while others end up praying for disappointment.

Keith Shover believed in the power of prayer. Once again, he found himself prostrate, on the verge of tears, pleading to God to watch over someone this night. Too bad he was praying for disappointment this time.

When he awoke in the morning, Keith felt invigorated. Nothing like a good old fashion prayer marathon to get one fired up for another day of preaching the evils of the commercialization and secularization of Easter. His vigor waned when we walked into the foyer.

Keith found a bustling scene filled with EMT's, police, and passersby. In the middle of it all was a body, prostrate not unlike Keith had been the night before. The main difference (beside being prostrate in a public space) was that this body had its head smashed in by a marble angel. By the looks of it, this fallen angel had tumbled off the balcony on the third floor.

So began a gloomy day. When the Candy, Not Christ convention got underway again, they opened with a prayer for the deceased. When one of the convention-goers uttered the woman's name, Keith reeled in horror. It was the same woman he had prayed for just hours ago.

Keith was shaken but not deterred. The world was full of tragedy but he would do his best to rise above.

--------------------------------------------------

Kylemii has been killed.
He was
Lisa Chapman, a dentist.

It is now Day 3.

You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by nutella »

rip kyle
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

The true irony here is that Lisa, a dentist, needs braces
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I’ll switch Colin for Dizzy as the tinfoil. If I’m Gladys Campbell, Colin is a dentist.

If MP is mafia I think I’m likely to be dead by now. Epignosis never kills me, and I have no trouble seeing Marmot keeping me alive. Elohcin has said before that her teams have kept me alive strategically. I don’t trust any of those three.

I will be more thorough when I can.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 pm I think I’ll switch Colin for Dizzy as the tinfoil. If I’m Gladys Campbell, Colin is a dentist.
Laughs hysterically
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °

Return to “Previous Heists”