Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 4

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedzeye and sprityo

Bullzeye and speedchuck's stuff

Spoiler: show
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:20 pm I'm going to be unavailable during the early portion of this afternoon. I might have a brief window to visit in a few hours. I endorse a sprityo lynch.
I endorse a Sprityo VIG. :noble:
speedchuck endorsed a vig shot against sprityo. Valid enough choice in the vein of shooting novaselinenever.

sprityo is in a D3 POE. He's an obvious selection for any POE.

Orange in the greenest rainbow list of all time. Again, where else would he be.

Light orange this time. Meh.
speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:50 am speed 2.0
juliets 2.0
JaggedJimmyJay
DharmaHelper
Lunalee
karavalenge
timmer
nutella

poutanko
Jackofhearts2005
MacDougall
ColinIsCool
Quin
sprityo
Sloonei

Here's your POE of 7. I am about 95% certain of it. I can still tinfoil JJJ or mayyyyybe Luna, but I strongly townread both of them. Detailed reads on the seven scummy sins here in a minute.
More of the same. N4 POE.
speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:58 am poutanko - I townread Pout, have since D1. Her cop claim initially got the same from me, especially since it was completely WRONG and also was a really risky move. But I don't know Pout. Maybe she could make risky moves. I can put on a tinfoil hat and see it.
ColinIsCool - Townread again from D1. Cared about the roof early on. Almost got lynched alongside LC. And then... Pout towncopped him, and I started ignoring him. My townread on him is less strong than everyone out of my POE, and if Pout is scum, he could be too. If she's town... what are the odds that she'd be wrong twice, right?
Jackofhearts2005 - Jack is someone I've struggled to read all game. Normally he's in the forefront of my mind, and that hasn't seemed to happen this game. He has had a decent tone throughout, but I don't recall anything that locks him as town for me.
MacDougall - For the most part I townread MacDougall. There's just a little lingering weirdness with the way the vig kills bother him. Hey, Mac, do they still bother you now that you know Mafia ALSO had vigs?
Quin - A liar barring some crazy unexplainable night actions. Why did he lie? Why didn't he back off in some way? No idea. Doesn't make sense.
sprityo - Egh. JJJ covered this.
Sloonei - I only townread Owner for being saved by LC. That's gone now. Owner had some really fake-sounding reads on D1. Sloonei has been fine, but hasn't really wowed me or broke the mold and done something I wouldn't expect from anyone in the thread.

Yes, like half of these are townreads. Your fault for giving me a POE of 7.
speedchuck reads sprityo as "egh" and defers to my reasoning. Meh.

sprityo's stuff

sprityo wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:23 pm if what DH says is correct, then i think the most likely candidate for mafia in hufflepuff is Speedzeye
sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 am I called Speedchuck our on being mafia like 3 pages ago and it got swept under the rug like an unwanted stepchild

Other than that, I’m on my way to work and it’s a bit chilly outside
sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:44 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:56 am
sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 am DH and Mac town v Town. Because their entire arguement wasted time and accomplished close to nothing.
But who is bad?
Want you to check my iso and look about 3 posts above this one. The one where I say Speedchuck is mafia if DH’s theory of one mafia per house holds true

And the one after it where I tell juliets how that post was ignored like redheaded stepchild
sprityo wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 am JaggedJimmyJay

I skimmed through all house hufflepuffs living players and their previous lives. Bullzeye and Speedchuck came out the worst. Call it my gut

I generally get a town vibe from DH, but then again I’ve been wrong about that two games in a row; and mac arguing with someone and accomplishing nothing is something of a staple I come to expect from him. “Oh honey look, Mr. Macdougal is yelling at the pigeons on his fence again” “pay him no mind Margaret, he’s just like that”
This all relates to one dialogue, in which sprityo borrows from DH's theory of one mafioso per house and determines the best candidate in Hufflepuff is speedzeye. I'd like it more if I had a clue why he felt that way..
This actually speaks to me as being a dissociation that renders sprityo more suspicious of speedchuck is a civilian (for opportunism in the current climate masked under a veil of not knowing what's going on).
~~~

Conclusion

This one is tough, because there's not quite enough here to make me comfortable calling it a green. I will give it a yellow then, because on the sprityo side there's at least something to ponder.

YELLOW
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Everyone is completely and entirely banned from quoting my entire analyses. Segment it or just us an @ :meany:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Are my jokes funnier after you’re forced to read them a fourth time?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:07 pm Everyone is completely and entirely banned from quoting my entire analyses. Segment it or just us an @ :meany:
You’re not a prefect.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 4

poutanko wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:55 am @JaggedJimmyJaySloonei for 7th person, I've given my 6 before. Don't think he's scum but if you need 7 :sigh:

@Jackofhearts2005 another one who try to discredit me. BTW, that talk about Speed's reasoning to watch LC instead of Timmer, I've talked about it during DP. Nothing new there, you're just parroting what I said Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 pm
Discredit you how?

Also, I made that argument like a year ago in Phenon.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ebwop
poutanko wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:55 am @JaggedJimmyJaySloonei for 7th person, I've given my 6 before. Don't think he's scum but if you need 7 :sigh:

@Jackofhearts2005 another one who try to discredit me. BTW, that talk about Speed's reasoning to watch LC instead of Timmer, I've talked about it during DP. Nothing new there, you're just parroting what I said Image
Discredit you how?

Also, I made that argument like a year ago in Phenon.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m kinda disappointed that most of these interactive are about me so far for obvious reasons.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

kk here we go let's ease in with the lowest-content pair

karavalenge and sprityo

kara's
karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:51 pm I'd like to think of all of my fellow Slytherin as teammates.
not a direct mention but sorta relevant since lapyo is a slytherin

sprityo's -- zero.

that's it

neither of them ever have anything to say about each other. granted, they don't have much to say in general, but at least acknowledging players that exist in the game would be nice

I'm not doing jay's color thing (but jay feel free to assign them to the ones I do) but I'd say they're compatible

(more coming up, I tried doing kara's parts all at once by sorting their posts into drafts for each person, which I figure is prolly what jay does to make it a bit faster)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

karavalenge and Quin

kara's
as with speed, absolutely nada until claimgate.
karavalenge wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:55 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:52 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:49 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:47 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:46 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:45 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:44 pm this only raises more questions
Ask them.

Considering that a vig quite probably murderified LC, I don't want to out everything without thinking about it.
what's screwy about my night action?
You somehow visited LC.

You weren't the only one.
whatever it was, it wasn't a dark art.
Could Speed or Quin be bad? 'Cause it looks like one of you is lying.
I don't think this looks bad on either of them, I think they're withholding info on purpose.
benefit of the doubt

summary of the claims again same post I included in the speed interaction -- this time kara says either one of them is lying or something screwed up their actions
karavalenge wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 pm And if you didn't kill him, someone else did.
this is in response to Quin re: his having targeted LC and the "someone else" potentially being a townfirm

the frustrated post where kara calls everyone scum

dig at quin for not using an action n2 hmmm. I'd say this is non-teammate.

Quin's
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:06 pm
karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:26 pm Can we use it to make a statement that we don't know if it's true or false?

Like: There are a Prime Number of Death Eaters in Gryffindor.

If it is false, then there's either 4, 6 (Which is unlikely) or 0. If it is true, then there's 1, 2, 3, or 5.
I don't think this works. At least in my mind, a lie detector shouldn't be able to respond to things the speaker isn't aware of himself.

But if scum were to say it :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:
mechanics/LD blather, null imo

Quin misunderstands what speed is saying (anonymous) kara did with a diricawl -- continues for a couple posts and it's clear he missed that kara was revealed as the floo partner. I don't think quin fakes this so good/non-teammate look.
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:09 pm I don't see anything in kara's posts that would suggest he suspected speedchuck and be motivated to use a diricrawl on him. Surely he'd have used it on Owner or Glorfiets who he suspected in his ISO.
reasonable
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:20 pm
karavalenge wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:36 pm Yeah, there's not any real reason to hide it since Speed brought it up.

I floo'd him today to see who the "other" person was he referred to who interacted with Long Con and he complied and told me.

In return I let him know that my Night 3 action was to Diricawl with him, which does not appear to have affected anything.
I don't like this much. Why did kara need to know?
also reasonable.
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:31 pm I can't explain why speedchuck found me on Long Con, since timmer has rejected the only possibility I can understand from the rules. I am not lying, and therefore speedchuck is.

We still don't know who this ??? person is. speedchuck seemed happy to share that with kara, but for all we know it could have been a lie and kara's now looking at a night kill tonight to tie up that loose end.

Quin has a healthy skepticism of kara. Reflects well on him, from my bias that kara looks bad; in any case I don't think they're teammates.

based on this list he thinks kara is bad if speed is town and not if speed is bad, which sort of works with the last post I quoted
Conclusion: not teammates. Green or whatever. Personally I think one of them is bad and it's kara but ymmv.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by nutella »

karavalenge and Slowner

kara's
karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:01 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:40 pm
karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:05 pm
This really looks like Owner both is scum and has a Deathly Hallow and got mixed up cause it was altogether in their role card.

It's also possible that they're just confused because the ruleset is really confusing.
Could you walk me through how this makes sense to you?
Sure thing!

Basically, if a Death Eater had a Deathly Hallow, it would appear on their Role Card after all of their normal abilities. In the rules, the Deathly Hallow follows after the Dark Arts explanations, so it would be easy to confusedly think that Deathly Hallow was related to Dark Arts.

After you explained that you're not quite familiar with the Deathly Hallows, I think it's more likely that you're just confused. Which is perfectly fine, since "Deathly Hallows" is a confusing name to begin with. Thanks Rowling.
hm, this could go either way. if they're teammates kara could see that owner was caught and decide to go along with the accusation, and does this performative explanation thing. if kara is scum and owner is town this is an easy thing to go along with to set up a suspicious-looking townie. if kara is town it's genuine thoughts. :shrug:

defense against owner's "picture tell" -- I feel like this whole thing is prrrrobably indicative of a lack of a teammate relationship, but there is a possibility they planned it as distancing. notably kara ignores it for a while and eventually defends after people have been talking about it, never really responds directly to owner about it.

nothing again til d4, and even then nothing really directed at sloonei these are just general replies: mechanics blather about claimgate and house cup blather but sort of a dig at quin for not using an action n2

Owner's/Sloonei's
(exchange abt deathly hallows thing included above -- owner asks for clarification on kara's perspective)

Quotes kara's comic, says "picture tell scummy" and votes for kara -- this is the first mention of the picture tell accusation against kara and includes a vote and just that three-word reason. very snappy.

owner quotes three players' first/"hello game" posts, including kara's, and says it doesn't add much. overall this post is blech useless, not really adding anything :goofp:
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:13 pm
karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:33 pm I think Gryffindor is suspect since the murder occured in front of their common room.
a bit reaching . . . potentially a joke . . .still what are you trying to suggest here?
again this is pretty useless. owner seems to enjoy calling out kara for meaningless crap. could be teammate-indicative, could be not, idk.

asks colin why he placed kara as good in a readlist

places kara as scum in a readlist

justifies previous scum list and kara again only gets three words "picture tell read"

finally further explains picture tell in reference to kara's hagrid comic

Owner seemed to really get on kara's ass about the picture tell and sort of about a couple other essentially meaningless posts. Could go either way.

sloonei:
passive mention of kara in post about my reads (where kara was one of two consistent scum reads over time) doesn't count

passive mention of kara in summary of poutanko iso doesn't count

kara is in his poe. k

expands read on kara as just being too quiet/he doesn't notice they're in the game -- pretty null

kara is 2nd-least suspicious in his poe meh
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:20 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:14 pm Also I think I've overdosed on speed and Quin things so I'm ready to talk about something else.
Sprityo and karavalenge: who are they? What do they know? Do they know things? Let’s find [o]ut.
cute bojack horseman reference but meh
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:45 am If only one of those two is scum, I’d guess speedchuck before kara. But I like your w/w theory for the two of them and would give it serious consideration if one of them flips bad.
response to my kara/speed post

eeegghh. a lot of this could really go either way. I say neutral.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
karavalenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 75

Post by karavalenge »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:21 pm
defense against owner's "picture tell" -- I feel like this whole thing is prrrrobably indicative of a lack of a teammate relationship, but there is a possibility they planned it as distancing. notably kara ignores it for a while and eventually defends after people have been talking about it, never really responds directly to owner about it.
This is in fact, exactly correct.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

karavalenge and Jackofhearts2005

kara's
karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:51 pm I'd like to think of all of my fellow Slytherin as teammates.
not direct mention but Jack is a slytherin

otherwise nothing. zero interaction with jack

jack's
also practically nothing for a long time. first mention is in a readlist on day 3 in which kara is "toss up" -- not great.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:13 pm Kara, Mac and (drumroll please) a deepwolf are my POE. :grin:

Cause I never ever have only wolves in my POE. So why bother dig into my townleans at this point? Just wait for some flips.
meh

mechanical whatever about kara's diricawl
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:39 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 pm @speedchuck

Why did you tell Kara who you think the vig is?
So that when I die my knowledge lives on. I think Kara is town.

:noble:

Considered telling the rest of the thread, too.
But Kara is in like every scum poe.
....ick.

7 player poe contains kara

compatible
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

karavalenge wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:26 pm
......what do you mean? what's correct? the part where I literally just summarize exactly what happened? the part where I say you're not teammates? the part where I say you're teammates?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

you're doing great nutella, thanks for doing this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

karavalenge and MacDougall

kara's
nothing for a long time, until day 4 unless I'm missing something.
karavalenge wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm I know that I voted early and never moved it though...
Says you voted for Collin.
just being helpful I guess
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:56 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 am
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:48 am Honestly I think Quin is scum for focusing on my part too hard and I think Speed is scum for focusing on his investigation too hard and I think Jay and Pou are scum for believing Pou's one Maf call too hard.

You're all too trusting, it sickens me
:biggrin:

Do you think anyone looks particularly good?
Right now I'm willing to trust nutella, Colin, and MacDougall.

I also don't think there's actually as many Scum alive as I'm making it out to be, obviously. I imagine there's 2 or 3 besides INH.
kara trusts mac. any reason given ever? nah
mac's
nothing until a day 3 readlist where he "feels okay about" kara (highest tier)

his numbers ranking deal, kara gets a 5 and he forgets to place kara in the lower list but gives the same number that he did originally claiming this makes him sincere -- sure

elaboration on everyone's numbers, he likes kara's effort level but nothing to convince him to remove them from poe. fine

net is pretty neutral. I think mac's thing is genuine but then I think he's town regardless; they are sort of compatible by default but I lean not w/w
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

karavalenge and Colin

kara's
karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:13 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:09 pm
poutanko wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:04 pm Can't we just state we're Town so whoever have the Veritaserum can use it whenever they want to whoever they want without asking their sus about it (so not giving a hint/clue about them having the potion)? Image
This is obviously a good idea, right? Any objections?

I am town.
No, that's an awful waste of a 1-shot ability to tell the truth, just to get the same info as a regular ability (Divination). But because you've started this, I also have to say

I am a town.

Or else I'd look scum by not following along with it.
unnecessary argumentativeness about the utility of making LD statements, followed by compliance to make an LD statement. :shrug: the wording with the "a" caught me off guard when this originally occurred and I think timmer pointed it out at some point, could be something could be nothing. anyway I don't have much to say about this interactionally re: colin

later there's a long response to jay about the above post, justifying the response to colin -- mentions colin by name twice and says the statement was "just to him not to anyone else" which is kinda weird
karavalenge wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:55 pm karavalenge, why Long Con
Cause it was 4-3 Colin to Long at the time and I felt better about lynching Long than Colin. I've switched now.
k, again here kara says they thought LC was more likely to be mafia than colin. could be bussing, could be choosing between two teammates -- notably kara switches to glorfindel later when the lynch is between him and LC, which is not great

another mention of colin saying they still don't know how to feel about him

on day 4 this topic somehow comes up again here and here (null mention)
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:56 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 am
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:48 am Honestly I think Quin is scum for focusing on my part too hard and I think Speed is scum for focusing on his investigation too hard and I think Jay and Pou are scum for believing Pou's one Maf call too hard.

You're all too trusting, it sickens me
:biggrin:

Do you think anyone looks particularly good?
Right now I'm willing to trust nutella, Colin, and MacDougall.

I also don't think there's actually as many Scum alive as I'm making it out to be, obviously. I imagine there's 2 or 3 besides INH.
kara trusts colin, presumably at least partially due to poutanko's cop check (but had previously voted LC over him so this is some small amount of precedent)
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:02 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:57 am
karavalenge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:56 amRight now I'm willing to trust nutella, Colin, and MacDougall.
Thanks. Could you briefly describe what it is about those players that gives you confidence?
They're trying to understand what has been going on clearly and without pointing blame all over the place.

Basically, everyone who's "yelling" at each other looks really bad. The people who aren't pointing fingers or getting fingers pointed at look good.

Besides Colin. I dunno, I just felt like the wagon against him yesterday was really fake.
his wagon felt fake... k iunno about this
Colin's
kara is good in a N1 readlist, why? who knows?

and.... that's it. nothing else. he never mentions kara for the rest of the game

compatible. they both quietly townread each other, emphasis on the quietly.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

taking a break. @JaggedJimmyJay how many we got left? is it cool if I go ahead with colin's or do you want me to grab a couple more of the main slots?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think there are 10-12 or so. I hope to get back to it tonight.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool and speedzeye

Colin's
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:32 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:14 pm I am town tho
I'm not town. Lie detect that. It'll come back untrue.
Why did you quote Speed’s post when you made yours?
pretty pointless lil pseudo-prod
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:38 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm Don't really have time to catch up before the lynch, but I can see from the Who Posted list that Nova still hasn't checked in so I will vote there today.

[VOTE: novaselinenever] aubergine
Major scum afraid of being the decisive vote vibes here.
calls out bullz' vote, I think concurrently with timmer's callout/having not seen it as he quotes it in the next post. so I'd say this is a decent indicator that colin and bullz aren't w/w, unless he thinks it was egregious enough to call out a teammate but I don't think he'd do so before seeing anyone else mention it.

bullz is on his Shit List

puts a vote on bullz early d2.

would have targeted bullz if he had a vig
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:04 pm Does this Bullzeye wagon feel too easy to everybody else? No major pushback, getting votes piled up, meanwhile Owner suspicion has died off after a million posts and it still doesn’t sit right with me. Let’s make it a contest.

[VOTE: OWNER] aubergine
this is interesting. after being one of bullzeye's strongest detractors he decides it's too easy and moves onto owner
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:59 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:06 pm My thoughts on Bullz - I already didn't feel great about his D1 activity and his explanation of it makes me feel worse about it (The game starts D1 fam so play starts D1) that being said The zeroing in on him RE: Nova strikes me as false. I feel like there is an element within that mob that isn't genuine. I'll have to dig into that tomorrow.
I definitely don’t like the Nova vote — I can sorta see a civ making it, but I wish he would tell us who he would rather lynch today.
eehhh wishy washy

seems to endorse speed's callout of me for posting something salad-esque -- imo it was kind of opportunistic for anyone to jump on this as I explained why it wasn't salad
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:30 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:07 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 pm Maybe he wants the perks that come with being a Confirmed Civ. He could reasonably expect protection from kills. I don't know, it's pretty weird. I'm sure the Phoenix Down owner has a plan, no need to "lynch a Civ" to get a good target. Maybe he's a baddie with the ability to appear Civ upon their lynch. Get lynched - look Civ - use up rez - PROFIT!!!
Bingo. If I die then you know I’m a civ and if I come back, that’s good. Is this hard to understand?
Yeah, because the rezzes have been so available and stuff so far. Let's totally waste a lynch on you and hope that third night's the charm. :suspish:
What can I say, I’m a selfish guy.
response to speed in his weird rez controversy.

discussing whether to reveal niffler results/whether focusing on one house would be good
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:40 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:38 pm Why don't we talk, Colin? I want to pick someone's head, and you're the only person around.
Pick away
Firgive me if I missed it, but who are your townlocks? Why?

What's off about Jack?
I feel good about timmer, Epi, Glorf, and poutanko, mostly tonally they all pass the gut test. Sloonei, I think that INH vs Owner didn’t look like bussing in retrospect. I feel better about Jay than I did earlier. I think nutella looks like her civ game. I feel pretty good about you but somewhat less so because of the Bullzeye cop-out vote.

Jack, somebody made a case on him that I liked a lot. LC? I’d have to go back.
idk how to feel about this entire interaction. speed just asks colin stuff because he happens to be around, colin feels pretty good about him except for his reason to suspect bullz from earlier, so it's a non-stance.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 pm I am a little creeped out by Speed thanks to the residual Bullzeye suspicion, and I do not understand his voting for Glorf whatsoever. Long Con, see above. Luna is reminding me more of her scumplay, I don’t think she believes every argument she’s making.

Townlocks are timmer, juliets, 3J, maybe Jack. Poutanko still looks good to me.
and now it looks like speed has declined in colin's eyes due to the glorf vote

response to speed about jay[ (was hesitant to trust jay but does now)
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:29 pm Speed is tonally town to me but I need to evaluate him as the Glorf thing was weird and Bullzeye looked bad.
this again. he keeps pointing out that he's suspicious of this player slot because of bullzeye's actions (and now the glorf thing as well) but otherwise has trouble seeing speed as bad. the way he keeps saying this skeeves me out a lil bit

speed is in his five-player suspect list/poe

joins the speed wagon that developed as a countermeasure against inh lynch fuckery
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:44 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 pm Should I reveal who else targeted Long Con?
What is the pro-town rationale for disclosing it?
ok
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:48 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:44 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 pm Should I reveal who else targeted Long Con?
What is the pro-town rationale for disclosing it?
What's the downside?
I dunno but I’d like Speed to answer first
ok
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:54 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:19 am speedchuck's reaction to being red checked doesn't look great to me. Total, immediate rationality as he displayed is hard to believe. I'd expect at least some brief period of combat to stem from a false red check.
Agreed. Dumbish comparison but it reminds me of One Hour Werewolf where Speed knew he’d been found out and started maneuvering around it.
reasonable suspicion of speed after the red check. of course a teammate would probably turn on speed in this scenario anyway but I think colin's progression on him is legit.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:58 pm I can't imagine why I would be redirected, so I'm leaning toward C. Quin is an evil patronus user trying to save LC and got pierced by an Elder Wand kill. Only way a piercing kill would aim at LC (scum wouldn't redirect a town at LC lol)
What do you mean you can’t imagine why you’d be redirected?
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 pm I dunno, Speed. You’ve been pretty solidly townread minus residual Bullzeye stuff so I would guess, if good, you’re a target for scum-chicanery. But I really don’t kniw how to handle any of this. You aren’t going down like a scum who has been caught unless you’re laying traps, but why would we listen to you if you flip bad anyway?

I think it’s possible Speed is town but it’s probably for the good of the town that we either lynch him now and get time to sort this out after, or lynch INH and vig him/lynch him shortly thereafter. Which is weird to say, but, uh, yeah.
this is fine I guess, has some hesitance regarding speed but thinks it best to lynch or vig him anyway.

speed in poe
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:51 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:37 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 pm I dunno, Speed. You’ve been pretty solidly townread minus residual Bullzeye stuff so I would guess, if good, you’re a target for scum-chicanery. But I really don’t kniw how to handle any of this. You aren’t going down like a scum who has been caught unless you’re laying traps, but why would we listen to you if you flip bad anyway?

I think it’s possible Speed is town but it’s probably for the good of the town that we either lynch him now and get time to sort this out after, or lynch INH and vig him/lynch him shortly thereafter. Which is weird to say, but, uh, yeah.
In no universe does it make sense to lynch speedchuck before we lynch INH.
Except if:
A. There is a reasonable suspicion of scum trickery involved with lynching INH today
B. Solving the speed-Quin-whatever stuff is more valuable to us collectively than having INH dead

I dunno the answer to either point.
oh I sorta missed that in the previous post he suggested lynching speed before inh. that's kiiinda sketchy and idk how much I buy his points here.

(skipped a couple mechanics-related things that vaguely relate to speed)
yet another poe
speedzeye's
response to the first colin post i quoted saying no particular reason he quoted speed(1.0) in his LD post
speedchuck wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:11 pm Good arguments against Timmer and Colin. Primo garbo in there probably. Mac is town.

Once again, I'll be in the thread tomorrow. I was just catching up before bed. Wanna hear more about Mac's LC suspish.
vague agreement with someone's suspicion of colin (mine I think??). on jay's reaction scale this is somewhere between meh and fart
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:30 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:07 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 pm Maybe he wants the perks that come with being a Confirmed Civ. He could reasonably expect protection from kills. I don't know, it's pretty weird. I'm sure the Phoenix Down owner has a plan, no need to "lynch a Civ" to get a good target. Maybe he's a baddie with the ability to appear Civ upon their lynch. Get lynched - look Civ - use up rez - PROFIT!!!
Bingo. If I die then you know I’m a civ and if I come back, that’s good. Is this hard to understand?
Yeah, because the rezzes have been so available and stuff so far. Let's totally waste a lynch on you and hope that third night's the charm. :suspish:
speed criticizes colin's weird rez thing much as I do. decent. again here

couple exchanges I already quoted above (niffler thing, speed "picking his head" since he's around and asking for his townlocks + asks for reasons colin suspects jack)
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:06 pm Not sure whether the Colin lynch is a plot to kill all Griffindors or an actual case. Is there anything to it other than the silly rez stuff?
this is weird. after he went after colin in much the same way I did for the "silly rez stuff" he criticizes the colin train as weak. and then suddenly colin is in the "do not lynch" section of this list

I think I brought this up before, that speed backed down off colin, and I feel like speed said something to the effect of his criticisms of colin's rez request weren't necessarily suspicion, just pointing out flawed logic. :shrug: here found it

colin is in green section of speed readlist/poe
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:54 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:39 pm Search my posts for his name. I have a few gripes with him from day 3 and today.
"Lynch me then rez me!" - WIFOM weirdness. It doesn't make sense for town or mafia. I don't know what to do with it.

No INH interactions - fair point. Had forgotten.

Buddied by Long Con until the going got tough - Not sure how this reflects on him exactly. Scum can help out teammates and/or buddy townies. Also depends on LC being scum for it to mean anything at all.

Colin draws a link between Long Con and Luna without completing it - The syndicate apparently has a 'thing' against people building scumteams or making associations before the lynch goes through. It's called world-building where I come from. And Colin's :shrug: in that follow-up post seemed more like a "you said it, not me" kind of thing.

-

He probably should be in my light greens and not my dark greens though.
here he's looking at my various reasons for suspecting colin and rationalizes some of them, validates some of them, says he should have less of a strong townread on him. mehhhh.

still green in poe (after poutanko's check claim)

now all of a sudden colin is in his poe of 7.
speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:58 am poutanko - I townread Pout, have since D1. Her cop claim initially got the same from me, especially since it was completely WRONG and also was a really risky move. But I don't know Pout. Maybe she could make risky moves. I can put on a tinfoil hat and see it.
ColinIsCool - Townread again from D1. Cared about the roof early on. Almost got lynched alongside LC. And then... Pout towncopped him, and I started ignoring him. My townread on him is less strong than everyone out of my POE, and if Pout is scum, he could be too. If she's town... what are the odds that she'd be wrong twice, right?
Jackofhearts2005 - Jack is someone I've struggled to read all game. Normally he's in the forefront of my mind, and that hasn't seemed to happen this game. He has had a decent tone throughout, but I don't recall anything that locks him as town for me.
MacDougall - For the most part I townread MacDougall. There's just a little lingering weirdness with the way the vig kills bother him. Hey, Mac, do they still bother you now that you know Mafia ALSO had vigs?
Quin - A liar barring some crazy unexplainable night actions. Why did he lie? Why didn't he back off in some way? No idea. Doesn't make sense.
sprityo - Egh. JJJ covered this.
Sloonei - I only townread Owner for being saved by LC. That's gone now. Owner had some really fake-sounding reads on D1. Sloonei has been fine, but hasn't really wowed me or broke the mold and done something I wouldn't expect from anyone in the thread.

Yes, like half of these are townreads. Your fault for giving me a POE of 7.
k........
speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:18 pm Somebody else propose things for me to naysay.
Mac is scum because he farted on the vig kills.

Sprityo is town because he doesn't feel any duty to put forth full effort for his team.

Sloonei is town because Owner was town.

Colin is scum because of how quickly the Glorf wagon picked up when the lynch was between Colin and Long Con. (I know this one paints me in shadow and I don't care.)

Have fun.
here's the devil's advocate argument for colin being scum, which he says paints him in a bad light because he doesn't think poutanko is likely to have received two incorrect results.
speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:08 pm *pulls Colin out of tinfoil POE*
*places Jay into Colin's place*

Continue
lol. tbh at this point this whole thing would be too awkward if they were teammates.

kind of a mixed bag. I'm mostly inclined to say not teammates. there are a couple things that make me feel like colin was afraid to pursue speed until it looked like he was caught, but mostly his progression is reasonable. and most of speed's stuff doesn't look like teammate treatment imo.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
karavalenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 75

Post by karavalenge »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:34 pm
......what do you mean? what's correct? the part where I literally just summarize exactly what happened? the part where I say you're not teammates? the part where I say you're teammates?
I mean how you interpreted what I was doing and why even though I'm a quiet person.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

karavalenge wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:27 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:34 pm
I mean how you interpreted what I was doing and why even though I'm a quiet person.
Say hwat
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

....I don't understand
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Coliniscool and Slowner

colin's
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 am Epi and Owner are town.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:28 am I got a strong town tone-read from this post of Owner’s:
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:12 am
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:04 am :) what about me, owner? Give DH a break and flag me for a bit.
You knowing the intricacies of the Dark Arts stuff and sharing it could be an act to try to buy townie points. I remember reading the stuff about it but not nearly picking up enough about it to understand it all. Basically, if someone had or possessed Dark Arts abilities this game, they would probably read up on it or make sure they understood their abilities.

Technically, what you said is some form of mechanical-talk or a retelling of information, in which some of it is free to us. But it doesn't necessarily solve us the game or anything.

It's potenitally the kind of post meant to look like a person is being useful, but in reality, they aren't truly really adding to the thread.
Epi is town because he is.
fair enough
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:51 am
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:47 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 am Epi and Owner are town.
I agree about epi but why owner?
I felt good about that post that I think everyone is arguing about rn. Owner’s response about associating those terms sounds fake though. But also ... can someone tell me why that would be a scumslip in the first place
ok
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm Still want to lynch 3J, but Owner isn’t a bad call either.
suddenly decides she's not a bad choice for a lynch. :ponder: explains the turnaround as follows
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:01 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm Still want to lynch 3J, but Owner isn’t a bad call either.
Which posts changed your mind?
I think in general your responses under pressure, tonally, have something suspicious about them, like you’re fighting to survive by any means necessary. Could be town, but I tend to think of it as a scumtell.
meh
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 pm If TH is good, Owner still deserves scrutiny. If Owner is bad, check TH’s wagon.
now this was a weird post that I never really deciphered. it does the "if x flips bad here's who to look at next" roadmap thing that can be a scumtell if owner were to flip bad, but on the other hand if he knows TH is town he'll have an excuse to pursue Owner which could be setting up a townie -- so this could go either way. most likely he's just town and I'm silly for going to all this effort
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:17 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:12 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 pm If TH is good, Owner still deserves scrutiny. If Owner is bad, check TH’s wagon.
Even though I didn't vote there...hmm. It's kind of funny how one-sided this is.
Your vote is irrelevant in it, imo

I feel for the environment defense but whoever said you looked like you were desperate and over-explaining (Speed?) had it exactly right. I’m sorry if people are wrong about it and you actually are just struggling with the heat but it’s something I’ve seen (and done) too many times in badness before
yeah this sounds legit imo, but I welcome other takes

owner is on his Shit List

points out that he didn't vote for owner after she called him out for changing his mind on her

includes owner in list of 3 people he would have targeted if he had a vig
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:21 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:03 pm I apologize if this has been litigated and I missed it (if so please point it out) but:

1. In Firefly Mafia, Owner scum read me in part based on a "Picture Tell" in which she said I subconciously associated with Negan and Thanos, two bad characters. Therefore I must be bad.

2. In this game, Owner scum read Kara based on a picture tell of Kara posting a Hagrid-themed comic strip. Hagrid is a good guy.

My point being, if in Firefly Owner (civ) Genuinely suspected me (civ) for being Negan/Thanos (bad dudes) that's fine because as wrong as it was, it tracks and makes sense if you accept the "Picture Tell" premise. If you accept that same premise and apply it to her Kara suspicion, its fake. She fabricated a reason to suspect Kara and the only reason to do that is if you're bad and need people to suspect.

Slam. Dunk.
Was that Picture Tell based on the characters being good or bad? If so I’d say, add this to the pile for reasons why an Owner lynch is a good proposition.
ok by now I'm pretty comfortable saying they're not teammates

post where he backs off the bullzeye wagon and votes for owner
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:38 am
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:08 pm @karavalenge @DharmaHelper @ColinIsCool seeing as how Owner requested to be replaced, does that change your stance on wanting her lynched? There are better trains to jump on today. Just saying.
I wasn’t here most of yesterday, but no, it doesn’t (didn’t).
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:46 pm [VOTE: JACK] aubergine. Like the cases made and I have been convinced to re-evaluate the case on Sloonei.
idk if he ever said what convinced him after his reply to luna above.

now sloonei is town in a list

later (post-claimgate) sloonei is in his poe and also here and again goddamnit why did everyone post their poe 3 goddamn times
owner's and sloonei's
(mostly addressed above)asks what changed his mind on her

puts him in an "opportunistic pile" which makes him "potentially scummy"

again referenced above but owner's response to colin's weird "if th is good/if owner is bad" post

asks why he has poutanko and karavalenge as good in a list
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm I think Colin is scum. Even before the flip, he was setting this up.
He read me town for a little bit, but the instant things started going south for me he quickly did what felt like a 180 to me and pushed for my lynch.

Or basically, this whole if-then situation is particularly bad when both wagons are positioned on good players, which I feel like Colin knows this.
decent accusation here, then he's on her scum list then another explanation of her suspicion of him -- all looks great
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:02 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:40 am
I didn’t vote for you.
My mistake:
You suggested that my lynch would be a good one. That's around the time votes started piling on me. Both inh and timmer voted me soon thereafter by the looks of things.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:44 pm Responding to Jay's call for POE

Players I'd be comfortable eliminating from my pool of suspects right now:
Jay
nutella
timmer
poutanko
juliets
DharmaHelper

Not quite Colin, because I'd need some assurance on the accuracy of poutanko's cop ID. To be clear, I trust the claim, I'm just uncertain about night action manipulation.

That leaves me with the following people as viable suspects:
Jack
kara
Luna
Mac
Quin
speedchuck
sprit

I'm leaving Colin in purgatory for now because I wouldn't argue for his lynch any time soon but my concerns stated above can't be dismissed. Luna would probably be the next player I bump out of that pool, and I highly doubt that both Quin and speedchuck are Death Eaters.

All of this, both sides of my list, come with the caveat that this is the least engaged I've been with a game in a very long time and it's a guarantee that I have missed some crucial information along the line.

It does seem like the prior suspicion against Mac has dissolved and I'm not sure why. Unless I simply missed that, he seems like he'd be a good person to talk about once we've moved past the present issues.
has sprit done anything yet?

Sloonei "leaves Colin in purgatory" in his POE due to a balanced skepticism of the cop claim. Kinda weird.

reminds colin to pay his bills lol off topic friendly-helpfulness

asks colin and jay to rank their poes

Now colin is in his 7-player poe but as the least suspicious

green. not teammates
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Coliniscool and Quin

colin's
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:06 pm I can’t remember who said it (Quin?) but on my drive home I couldn’t escape the post where someone said Jay looked like he was doing Jay things, but it felt fake and insincere. It was in reference to the juliets brouhaha. I can try and quote it later, but I’m putting my vote there today.

[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine
he finds the quote he was talking about and it was INH, not quin. kind of awkward but would be really awkward if he's bad and just remembered that it was one of his teammates lol but that feels like a stretch
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:04 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:00 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:49 am
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:42 am also i [VOTE: timmer] aubergine
Why?
Took a dump on truth-gate while contributing to it.
Oh yeah. I read that earlier and forgot. Thanks.

How would you compare that to Speed’s reaction to the same exercise?
ok, I could imagine if they were teammates this might have been brought up in btsc as something they could jump on easily, but again I'm kinda stretching my imagination there

Quin is "Good" on his list
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 am
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:47 pm Nobody cares about Colin right now. Why is he throwing in the towel?
Am I throwing in the towel?
Quin calling out the "lynch and rez me" post. I don't really think this is teammate treatment but both colin and quin have broken my expectations of teammate treatment in the past so whatever.
"learn to read bitch" lol sort of jokey-belligerent response to quin's callout.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:11 pm The Long Con case DH just posted is prettay good though too. He seems particularly opportunistic voting for me, more than Quin or the others.
:shrug:

reply about jay

quin is in poe (post-claimgate) and also here and yet again poe posted for 3rd time
Quin's
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:08 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:44 pm I’m a little sketched by the protests here. Like, obviously it’s not going to win the game on D1 and if you don’t give a shit then don’t do it, but this is almost anti-town.
Slight scum read on timmer. Participates while discouraging the whole thing to minimise the chance he'll have his post checked.

So if someone's getting veritaserum, let it be timmer.
basically agrees with colin here about LD stuff
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:25 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:04 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:00 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:49 am
Why?
Took a dump on truth-gate while contributing to it.
Oh yeah. I read that earlier and forgot. Thanks.

How would you compare that to Speed’s reaction to the same exercise?
Didn't really think about it. It's also 2:30am and I'm going to bed, so he gets a pass for sheer dumb luck.

linki: haha yikes
as I noted above this exchange feels slightly awkward and I can imagine teammates doing this but it's nothing concrete
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm I’ll reiterate, to anybody who wants to lynch me ... go ahead. Just give me that Phoenix right afterward.
kinda do want to lynch you now
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:47 pm Nobody cares about Colin right now. Why is he throwing in the towel?
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:51 pm aside from mac the most recent suspicion of colin that i know of (from looking at his iso) came from nutella as a "maybe" while presenting three others as clearer targets for scrutiny. There's no way in hell colin legitimately buckles under that pressure.
these three posts all in a row after colin's "lynch then rez me." this sounds pretty genuquin, but if he's bad I could see him doing this to either a townie or a teammate tbqh.

tells the thread to vote colin, says if he was a vig colin or jay would be dead, then suggests jay and colin are w/w

weird setup tactic or genuquin accusations? :shrug:

~claimgate happens~

colin's in his GTH mafia team and in both of his poes whether speed is town or scum
ehhhhh yellow; these are both players i have a hard time predicting and for pretty much every interaction I can find a way to justify it as w/w and a reason not to. these guys could be any pair of alignments :keys:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Coliniscool and Jackofhearts2005

colin's
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*waves sand dramatically*
*sneers*
No.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*sneers*
No.
Then what’s the point of saying this?
My new meta I’m trying out is not responding to things I don’t feel like responding to. I was just giving you a courtesy call.
.... :shrug:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:21 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:19 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm
Name them.

*sneers*
No.
Then what’s the point of saying this?
My new meta I’m trying out is not responding to things I don’t feel like responding to. I was just giving you a courtesy call.
Based on your old meta, your new meta is scummy.
:beer:
lmao cute

Jack is "Good on his list
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:46 pm [VOTE: JACK] aubergine. Like the cases made and I have been convinced to re-evaluate the case on Sloonei.
I don't know what this is. I think he's referring to my "case" but this is super vague and jack was a townread of his before.

can't find what case on jack he was thinking of

and now suddenly jack is a "maybe" townlock, no explanation :stare:

then he adds jack to poe when jay asks him for two more names
Jack's
(quoted above, prods colin to name jay's hypothetical teammates)
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:28 pm Colin is town except you know, his meta says he’s always like this.
snarky dig

Asks Colin to mason with him -- weird if he actually suspects him (this is after a long period of no mention of him though so idk)

oh actually turns out he's in the "likely civ" tier

Doesn't think Colin or Luna killed Epi

prods sprityo to give thoughts on luna or colin or mac or something something mehhhhh mild fart on this

colin is in his poe

"naysays" saying colin was copped town but he wanted to naysay stuff and colin's in his poe so i'm unclear how much stock he actually put in that

I'd say these two are compatible. They're kinda all over the place on each other but like in a low-key way. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 1

Post by nutella »

Coliniscool and MacDougall

colin's
Mac is on his Shit List
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:06 pm
Oh behave I haven't even been paying attention to the game.
That’s what rustles my jimmies.
reasonable
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:07 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:28 pm I find it funny when people say things like "Bullzeye is getting set up for a lazy lynch" or "this wagon feels too easy" more than 24 hours out from the actual lynch. Heaps scrote behaviours.
I forgot when this phase ended tbh
this exchange is either fake or not fake. but probably not fake lol
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:45 pm I’m sketched by Mac this game. Exactly the same as his Hydra scum game where he didn’t show up. He has no fire and it’s hard to think he believes anything he says.
this is fair, it's how I felt about mac at the time as well
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:03 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:02 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:45 pm I’m sketched by Mac this game. Exactly the same as his Hydra scum game where he didn’t show up. He has no fire and it’s hard to think he believes anything he says.
What a load of garbo. This is pure omgus.
Nah, I’ve been consistent on this the whole game buddy.
So you just waited til I vote you to say it. Okay.
No ... what I just said was that I’ve been saying it?

"consistent" and "been saying it" meaning he mentioned it in like one post before the one quoted here, but fine I believe he felt that way
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:06 pm I think there are better lynch candidates though. I would like to see Mac do more than flail in self defense.
fine

just says "Okay" in response to mac calling him out for what i said above about just having one post about mac previously. whatever this isn't really worth my time

corrects mac about when posts about inh were made
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:10 am Mac is fake as fuck. He doth protest too much and his ideas aren’t grounded in reality.
consistent

reply to mac's criticism of low activity level, saying he's busy

adds mac to poe when jay asks him for two more names
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:21 pm Changing my vote to Colin. He bad.
....this (on day 3) doesn't really seem to have any prior justification, then he accuses colin of omgus, then as I addressed above he calls out colin for only having the one earlier statement of suspicion of mac

says colin isn't participating at the level he expects which he finds suspicious

includes colin in list of people with little-to-no INH interaction (implying suspicion)
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:30 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:48 am ColinIsCool, as this day phase began you provided a few examples of mafia-INH from past games to describe his treatment of his teammates. I'd like to see how you apply that information to the present game.
Unfortunately I didn’t find anything that excited me. It’s tough to say whether he was bussing or not too because the UPick game didn’t see him have to. Ultimately a null exercise.
Would Mafia Colin have gone to the effort, unprovoked, to start building a distancing/bussing case on INH and then back off it so tepidly?

If INH looked like getting lynched I suspect Colin would have pointed at these posts for cred. It's a bad look imo. It seems like a hedge designed to make him look good in the event of an INH lynch without getting himself into the position of having to actually push it.
ok

colin in suspicious tier of list

in this post he includes LC's jumping on colin as reason LC is bad and I'm not sure what this is meant to imply about colin
MacDougall wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:19 pm I don't think Colin is bad.
ah... aight...

colin is a 4 in mac's number ranking thing and thus in his poe. follows it up with this post
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:25 pm Having taken the liberty of ordering my thoughts, it gives me pause to consider why Colin is so low. Having a moment to ponder the answer is simple. Colin is playing like a player whose enjoyment level/purpose is low. Town Colin is at the coal face of discussion. This Colin is on the perimeter always. Peeking in over shoulders. I put it to you that Colin is struggling to partake in the festivities on account of having lost several teammates, thus making it challenging for him to remain active.
Idk about this man, feels potentially forced. Most teammate-indicative thing in their interactions so far.
says similar thing in his further reads of people here

these two are at each other's throats a fair amount, though mac does some weird backing off and rejustifying his read on colin. in general pretty unlikely teammates. (also trying not to be too biased here but out of the people we are analyzing they are the two I think are most likely town)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Coliniscool and sprityo

colin's
lapluie is n/a on colin's list

nothing else til day 4 when sprityo is in his poe and also here
sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 am DH and Mac town v Town. Because their entire arguement wasted time and accomplished close to nothing.
But who is bad?
decent prod

3rd poe post geez
sprityo's
sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:44 am
But who is bad?
Want you to check my iso and look about 3 posts above this one. The one where I say Speedchuck is mafia if DH’s theory of one mafia per house holds true

And the one after it where I tell juliets how that post was ignored like redheaded stepchild
just this. whatev
not much here obv. compatible by default but then pretty much everyone is with sprityo.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lemme know if you feel these colors misrepresent you, nutella.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

@JaggedJimmyJay hi ok I said I would do some of the real ones, sorry for spending time on colin*, I'll be back in a bit feel free to assign me a couple more slots

*I do think it's important to consider outlying possibilities though, I mean basically if luna or poutanko is scum after all we'd be kinda screwed lol so I don't want to forget people outside the poe exist just because I'm looking at a select group primarily
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:56 am JaggedJimmyJay hi ok I said I would do some of the real ones, sorry for spending time on colin*, I'll be back in a bit feel free to assign me a couple more slots

*I do think it's important to consider outlying possibilities though, I mean basically if luna or poutanko is scum after all we'd be kinda screwed lol so I don't want to forget people outside the poe exist just because I'm looking at a select group primarily
You've already gone above and beyond the call of duty, thank you very much for that. Adding more names is of course the safest course of action. The only reason I limited it to seven/eight is because every additional name significantly increases the workload.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

yeah looks about right jay. for the ones I just finished: colin/jack orange, colin/sprityo yellow, colin/mac green
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I better find me a big bright red. :ponder:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Slowner and sprityo

Owner and Sloonei's stuff

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:16 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:15 pm Why. would someone bring INH back to life?
Death Eaters had a resurrection, I assume.
Snore. Sloonei provides an answer to a pointless question.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:44 pm Responding to Jay's call for POE

Players I'd be comfortable eliminating from my pool of suspects right now:
Jay
nutella
timmer
poutanko
juliets
DharmaHelper

Not quite Colin, because I'd need some assurance on the accuracy of poutanko's cop ID. To be clear, I trust the claim, I'm just uncertain about night action manipulation.

That leaves me with the following people as viable suspects:
Jack
kara
Luna
Mac
Quin
speedchuck
sprit

I'm leaving Colin in purgatory for now because I wouldn't argue for his lynch any time soon but my concerns stated above can't be dismissed. Luna would probably be the next player I bump out of that pool, and I highly doubt that both Quin and speedchuck are Death Eaters.

All of this, both sides of my list, come with the caveat that this is the least engaged I've been with a game in a very long time and it's a guarantee that I have missed some crucial information along the line.

It does seem like the prior suspicion against Mac has dissolved and I'm not sure why. Unless I simply missed that, he seems like he'd be a good person to talk about once we've moved past the present issues.
has sprit done anything yet?
sprityo is a token POE name, and a token question about the low-poster follows. Poo. Again / Again x2
Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:20 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:14 pm Also I think I've overdosed on speed and Quin things so I'm ready to talk about something else.
Sprityo and karavalenge: who are they? What do they know? Do they know things? Let’s find put.
Token stuff again. Nothing to be inspired about.

sprityo's stuff

Nilch.

~~~

Conclusion

Everything is just by-the-numbers and typical for a guy with no content. I think it looks worse than average though, because Sloonei isn't one to throw out these kinds of feelers and fail to do anything with them.

ORANGE

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and sprityo

MacDougall's stuff

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:03 pm So let me just open this here Google doc that is called "Hoo Bad" and see what wine drunk Mac thought about the game.

Bullzeye = Meh
LC = Scrotum
Lunalee = Scummmm
Nutella = scummmmm
Lapluie = LOL scum probs
Timer - baddd

There we have it folks.
Sure right okay.
MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:44 pm
sprityo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:14 pm hello everyone, so glad to be transfer rd to this amazing magical school of hope! :daisy:

JJJ, your name fusion for me is awful :hugs:
:haha:

Mafia.
Sure right okay.

"skeptical" tier on a D3 reads list. I don't know why he's tacked with these other three who had far more content instead of being relegated to the bottom.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:53 am I agree that sprityo is the best (read, safest) lynch but I don't buy that we should be putting our vote there yet. I am sure there is someone who needs more flame applied to their feet than that.
If sprityo is a mafioso then this will make me want to leave a flaming bag of poo on Mac's doorstep.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:09 am DharmaHerper is too herpful to be Mafia.

Sprityo on the other hand.
This is the guy giving people shit for being too "basic". This is super basic.

sprityo earns 4 points out of 10 on the MacDougall scale of trust-with-my-children. Again that's a barely below-center grade and underwhelms me.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:39 pm sprityo - 4 - Sprityo has offered little evidence to suggest he is in the business of helping the town win, ahving even outright admitted that he isn't trying because there are more dominant townies present. The mere implication of that is TMI on the alignment of all three players that he mentioned. He is a very likely candidate for scum.
He explained that 4, and the language he uses makes sprityo sound like a 1. :ponder:
MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:24 pm Sprityo is actually a 2 now.
orly

sprityo's stuff

sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:44 pm
sprityo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:14 pm hello everyone, so glad to be transfer rd to this amazing magical school of hope! :daisy:

JJJ, your name fusion for me is awful :hugs:
:haha:

Mafia.
:hugs: missed you too mac, glad to see you actually showed up for this game
Cute. :|
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:08 pm oh my time zone is still messed up, no wonder i missed the lynch

um so ive been skimming the past 10 pages or so, only thing that stuck out to me is

mac is getting all defensive and angery a couple pages ago, i dont know what that means, but i wouldnt think he'd be so personal about stuff unless he's against someone who's really grinding his gears

glorf is always town and for the people who tried pushing otherwise, i say shame on you. Not that i've read what he's done this game.

and JJJ has a strong urge to lynch me for whatever reason. :ponder: that one sticks me in the ribs. I guess it goes to say something that no one else immediately jumped onto the chance.

for the most part, im playing lax. I never intended to play, but im here because replacements were needed. The thread is pretty chaotic in general so i'm gonna be on the sidelines. i'll do work when i need to, but that doesnt mean ill do work because someone wants to pressure me with a lynch to do so.

with that, im going to eat my taco bell and continue to enjoy my first week back in the states :beer:
sprityo says some shit about Mac that kind of could be construed as a read, but not really -- it's meaningless and does no favors toward dissociation.
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:09 pm Ok I figured out the situation so you can all calm down.

Nutella and Jay are both scum.
:phew: thanks mac, youre a real american hero

taco?
More chumminess.
DH and Mac are town for wasting time.

?
sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 pm :grin: what? Jay and Mac and DH DONT know everything? First I’ve heard of this statement
I actually do know literally everything in existence.
sprityo wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 am JaggedJimmyJay

I skimmed through all house hufflepuffs living players and their previous lives. Bullzeye and Speedchuck came out the worst. Call it my gut

I generally get a town vibe from DH, but then again I’ve been wrong about that two games in a row; and mac arguing with someone and accomplishing nothing is something of a staple I come to expect from him. “Oh honey look, Mr. Macdougal is yelling at the pigeons on his fence again” “pay him no mind Margaret, he’s just like that”
Why does a staple of Mac's play make him town instead of being alignment-neutral?

~~~

Conclusion

This one bugs me. I don't like much of any of it.

RED

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin and speedzeye

NOTE: Obviously the meat of this interaction will exist in their mechanical combat. The easy answer here is "not teammates", but I won't be resting on that. I think it's at least plausible they're both spamming the thread with trash deliberately. So I am going to assess the interaction preceding the mechanical discussion, make a judgment, and then incorporate the mechanics into a final answer.

Quin's stuff

Quin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:11 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:37 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:21 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:17 pm "Not all Slytherin's are Dark Wizards, but every Dark Wizard has been a Slytherin"
Wormtail was a Gryffindor.
Even the dark wizards refused to accept Wormtail
Still betrayed all his closest friends for the Dark Lord's cause and played a crucial role in restoring Voldy to full power. Seems pretty Dark to me. The man was a coward, motivated only by fear and self-preservation. I always saw him as being the opposite end of the scale from Snape.
sure but let's not forget that his love for lily aside snape was an asshole through and through
Irrelevant thematic babble. There was a bit of it early in the game between them.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:01 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:43 am Here's how it went down from my perspective, one mental state at a time.

1. Bullzeye voted for nova.
2. Timmer and a few others found Bullzeye's vote extremely suspicious.
3. Nova was killed and flipped bad.
4. Some people (myself included) suspect Bullzeye even more, thinking that he placed a vote on a teammate.
5. Timmer comes out with a 180 on Bullzeye, calling him his top civ read after the events of the night but not due to a cop check.
6. I look at the list of abilities to see what might explain this that's not cop-ish per se. I notice the one that tracks which player a player targeted, and it occurs to me that perhaps Bullzeye vigged nova since he presumably suspected him, and perhaps timmer tracked Bullzeye since he suspected him, and saw that he targeted nova, and is now townclearing Bullzeye as the vig.
7. I accept this and decide to townread both bullzeye and timmer based on this interpretation.
8. The topic comes up again and Jay questions how timmer could know anything and says that he blocked timmer.
9. I say "wouldn't he not have gotten a result at all if he were blocked?"
10. That turns out to be moot as timmer admits that it was not based on anything he did at all, it was just based on something that happened (i.e. nova's death).
11. I figure that timmer had just made an educated guess that bullzeye vigged nova and decided to townclear him. Since it made so much sense to me when I was investigating back when I thought timmer actually knew something, I figured that I still believed it made sense even though it turned out timmer didn't actually know, and I continued to agree with timmer/believe that bullzeye killed nova.
12. For a while I still figured that this looked good for timmer. I no longer feel like I have much justification for that; he could easily have scum motivation for pulling his 180 on bullzeye in the way that he did.
timmer

does number 5 come from any sort of info you got?
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:08 am I think I know what timmer is talking about, and timmer should retract that top civ read on Bullzeye.
Quin offered immediate resistance to timmer's civilian vouch on Bullzeye when presented with nutella's summary. I don't remember this ever being expanded upon, and that is a very important detail to cover.

@Quin, what was the deal here? What made you suggest timmer might be in the wrong?

Bullzeye and speedchuck's stuff

~~~

Conclusion

There's less to talk about pre-mechanical controversy than I'd hoped, and the main point of interest is currently unresolved. For now the weight has to be given to that controversy then, which leaves me at:

GREEN

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

I don't remember my exact mindset at the time, but that post had nothing to do with Bullzeye and everything to do with me. Hopefully that's enough for you because I'd prefer not to elaborate.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin and Slowner

Quin's stuff

Semi-jokey meta comment when Owner lamented having no meta on him. Owner's language is a bit iffy here; she is looking for an excuse [publicly, in her literal words] to give Quin civilian credit.
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:14 pm Like, ?Owner? threw those names out saying she felt she had a good meta-read on them. Player salad is when you threw out a bunch of names with no tangible connection to each other.
Defense of Owner in the face of a salad accusation.
Quin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:07 pm did sloonei just TOWNSLIP?
:goofp:

No. He didn't.
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:35 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:34 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:32 pm harry potter and the night of the wasted night actions
WHO DID YOU TARGET
timmer and sloonei you squib now stop hounding me
Sloonei is the random-ass second target Quin named for his patronus claim (the other target being controversial between timmer and Long Con). I have to wonder if Quin really did target Sloonei with something and wanted to cover his tracks in case of others catching a lie. :ponder:
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:58 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:54 pm Quin, what exactly did you do to/with/at me last night?
A Patronus to protect you from Dark Arts, minus the killing curse.
well thanks. Do you receive any sort of report from this action, or do you just cross your fingers and hope for the best?
I don't. But speedchuck confirmed he saw me target LC which at least means I wasn't role blocked.
k
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:01 pm Quin, why did you target Sloonei?
Because I like Sloonei. The whole point was to protect timmer.
:|

Good GTH read on Sloonei, D4. Dunno why.

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 pm
I think his treatment of Quin is fishy.
What about Quin do you like so far?
Generic prod.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
Everyone named in this post has a purpose for being in it except Quin. Yuck. "I want to look at Quin" is meaningless.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:54 pm
What do you think of some of the other wagons?
Softball for days.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:53 pm Unrelated, I thought Quin could be with DH at on point.

But it was probably more like playful banter.
What? Why am I seeing these words?
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:24 pm Or would Quin be with Epi? hmm
:suspish:

Quin could be with [insert whichever random player, but he's still "slight town" on the N1 reads list. Ew.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 am
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:04 am i don't deserve to be townread so i am suspicious of anyone who is doing so
Town read.
k

Quin's in the D4 POE, as he was for everyone.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:53 pm If Quin is bad and was targeting his teammate Long Con, what ability might he have been using?
Aimless question.

Sloonei reviews the mechanical controversy and ends up with a bunch of opinions in conflict with each other and no conclusion. speed's claims are "more calculated" and Quin's are "more improvised" -- both of those sound bad.

~~~

Conclusion

I note a lot of concerns here and nothing stands out to the contrary.

RED

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:45 am I don't remember my exact mindset at the time, but that post had nothing to do with Bullzeye and everything to do with me. Hopefully that's enough for you because I'd prefer not to elaborate.
You have bigger worries, as you can see.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

That’s the worst read you’ve ever produced on me. Yuck.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I was expecting/hoping quin/sloonei would be a big one. Excellent.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:52 am
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:45 am I don't remember my exact mindset at the time, but that post had nothing to do with Bullzeye and everything to do with me. Hopefully that's enough for you because I'd prefer not to elaborate.
You have bigger worries, as you can see.
i'm not worried fam
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:55 am That’s the worst read you’ve ever produced on me. Yuck.

:consoling:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Well given you have me as a red with sprityo I am gonna have to go ahead and ignore the rest of your insights because they obviously suck
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:52 am Quin and Slowner

Quin's stuff

Semi-jokey meta comment when Owner lamented having no meta on him. Owner's language is a bit iffy here; she is looking for an excuse [publicly, in her literal words] to give Quin civilian credit.
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:14 pm Like, ?Owner? threw those names out saying she felt she had a good meta-read on them. Player salad is when you threw out a bunch of names with no tangible connection to each other.
Defense of Owner in the face of a salad accusation.
Quin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:07 pm did sloonei just TOWNSLIP?
:goofp:

No. He didn't.
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:35 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:34 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:32 pm harry potter and the night of the wasted night actions
WHO DID YOU TARGET
timmer and sloonei you squib now stop hounding me
Sloonei is the random-ass second target Quin named for his patronus claim (the other target being controversial between timmer and Long Con). I have to wonder if Quin really did target Sloonei with something and wanted to cover his tracks in case of others catching a lie. :ponder:
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:58 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:54 pm Quin, what exactly did you do to/with/at me last night?
A Patronus to protect you from Dark Arts, minus the killing curse.
well thanks. Do you receive any sort of report from this action, or do you just cross your fingers and hope for the best?
I don't. But speedchuck confirmed he saw me target LC which at least means I wasn't role blocked.
k
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:01 pm Quin, why did you target Sloonei?
Because I like Sloonei. The whole point was to protect timmer.
:|

Good GTH read on Sloonei, D4. Dunno why.

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 pm
I think his treatment of Quin is fishy.
What about Quin do you like so far?
Generic prod.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
Everyone named in this post has a purpose for being in it except Quin. Yuck. "I want to look at Quin" is meaningless.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:54 pm
What do you think of some of the other wagons?
Softball for days.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:53 pm Unrelated, I thought Quin could be with DH at on point.

But it was probably more like playful banter.
What? Why am I seeing these words?
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:24 pm Or would Quin be with Epi? hmm
:suspish:

Quin could be with [insert whichever random player, but he's still "slight town" on the N1 reads list. Ew.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 am
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:04 am i don't deserve to be townread so i am suspicious of anyone who is doing so
Town read.
k

Quin's in the D4 POE, as he was for everyone.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:53 pm If Quin is bad and was targeting his teammate Long Con, what ability might he have been using?
Aimless question.

Sloonei reviews the mechanical controversy and ends up with a bunch of opinions in conflict with each other and no conclusion. speed's claims are "more calculated" and Quin's are "more improvised" -- both of those sound bad.

~~~

Conclusion

I note a lot of concerns here and nothing stands out to the contrary.

RED
Wild

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Actually the Slooniquin one is good. You should give your scoring more options because that one is way better than the macyo one. Call it maroon or something.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:55 am That’s the worst read you’ve ever produced on me. Yuck.
Is that all you have to say Darth Sloonei. Mister Blackheart.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Crazy that Hufflepuff McTownslip looks bad lol thats wild

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:59 am
Is that all you have to say Darth Sloonei. Mister Blackheart.
No
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:57 am Well given you have me as a red with sprityo I am gonna have to go ahead and ignore the rest of your insights because they obviously suck
What if I were to tell you that you've been cornered in a POE struggle and have tried to break out of it by proposing any theory that comes to mind which can insight paranoia and decrease trust in the civilian core?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:08 pm Sloonei is mafia
Just a reminder I was the first to scum read Sloonei

Return to “Previous Jobs”