Re: ɒiʇɒM: Mafia Wins

Moderator: Community Team

It's Final 3- Whose chop gets you the win?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:46 pm

Gavial
11%
Luckbox Inc
11%
Marmot
11%
Australia (host/mod/dead/non-players)
67%

Total votes: 9
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 159
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: ɒiʇɒM: Day 2

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:01 pm Where is Queen Poison? Towniest town this side of the cosmos?
I’m still waiting for her town flag to be planted. You as her court jester is amusing tho
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Just skimmed Sabie’s posts.

Not a lot there tbh. Laughy most of d1, not much substance. Shruggy, almost resigned vote on falcon at EoD. Not rocking the boat or pressing anyone.

I currently light scum read her actually, in this reread. Far from a slam dunk, but pretty blendy.

I’m unconvinced right now about how all the mafia would approach this game, so i may be a bit reachy a few posts ago saying all mafia would come into today swinging. Almost equally likely they’re fine with being middle-pack blendy. Obviously no mafia are gunning to get themselves killed. The only person I’ve seen so far saying they’d like to die is actually luckbox. Hasn’t done much today, but I still have a tentative town read on him.

Scotty
Jeff

Re: ɒiʇɒM: Day 0

Post by Scotty »

tessepia wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:43 am
tessepia wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:34 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 am
tessepia wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:05 am
Sonny wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:58 am This set up make me feel weird in a fun way. I warn y’all now, I will probably still fight against being yeeted, it’s compulsive. Ego fail.

Also, everyone knows the most murdery place is an outback Aussie town.
wolfy
Agreed.

I also disagree with Wilgy. Where he calls Poison supatown, I call stronger scum read.
why are you wolf reading them
The birds went tweedly dee and gave me the signal
I'm just calling you a wolf and moving them
lol I remember reading this like 10 times and questioning what you were talking about.

But with you admitting you had me confused with sonny gives severe credence to that, and I townread you right now. I don’t believe a wolftess would have made that error or corrected themself.

I could lynch Tess today

DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:12 pm I think hearing from @DaughterOfOmega or @Luckbox Inc today would be good. Otherwise, I think Sabie is on deck.
What would you like to hear about, Dear
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:59 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 am I don't like Scotty at all this game, but Gaviale posting seems towny
Why is this?
Is very active, but Scotty isn't coming to OC. Seems to just repeat a scum read someone else has given, my assumption was as mafia he is just waiting for town to give a bad read and then reinforces it.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I just realized town’s success in this game hinges on people playing to their best town game ability. So those sitting around with their thumbs up their butts will be ok for now, but towards end of game if we’re having to decide between the zodiac killer, the ghost of Elvis and my childhood friend Bryan’s dad who left him in the 2nd grade, we gon have a hard time

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:32 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 am I don't like Scotty at all this game, but Gaviale posting seems towny
Why is this?
Is very active, but Scotty isn't coming to OC. Seems to just repeat a scum read someone else has given, my assumption was as mafia he is just waiting for town to give a bad read and then reinforces it.
You seem to be implying I’m not making reads on my own, which is hilarious because I can’t remember any original reads you have provided thus far

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:35 pm
Why is this?
You seem to be implying I’m not making reads on my own, which is hilarious because I can’t remember any original reads you have provided thus far
As an addendum: I agree with NAA that I would like to hear more from you. This is not me with my mind made up, but going on what you’ve given

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:31 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:12 pm I think hearing from @DaughterOfOmega or @Luckbox Inc today would be good. Otherwise, I think Sabie is on deck.
What would you like to hear about, Dear
Calculus
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

@Scotty I think the appropriate scum strat is to just kill off townies all day every day, and leave an ambiguous finale? I think it's basically impossible for mafia to win this otherwise barring a ridiculous performance by ALL members of the mafia?

The issue for mafia is they all have to die right? So N3 & N5 have to be used to kill off scum players who suck, voting out the good scum players during the day is just bad play for mafia and probably the only way they lose.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:43 pm @Scotty I think the appropriate scum strat is to just kill off townies all day every day, and leave an ambiguous finale? I think it's basically impossible for mafia to win this otherwise barring a ridiculous performance by ALL members of the mafia?

The issue for mafia is they all have to die right? So N3 & N5 have to be used to kill off scum players who suck, voting out the good scum players during the day is just bad play for mafia and probably the only way they lose.
Hence the appropriate strat for town is to kill off question marks on D3 & D5.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by tessepia »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:28 pm lol I remember reading this like 10 times and questioning what you were talking about.

But with you admitting you had me confused with sonny gives severe credence to that, and I townread you right now. I don’t believe a wolftess would have made that error or corrected themself.

I could lynch Tess today
I thought u made some trolly post about not wanted to be voted when you should want to be, then made a trolly response wolf reading yourself when I didn't like it, so I was annoyed
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:34 pm I just realized town’s success in this game hinges on people playing to their best town game ability. So those sitting around with their thumbs up their butts will be ok for now, but towards end of game if we’re having to decide between the zodiac killer, the ghost of Elvis and my childhood friend Bryan’s dad who left him in the 2nd grade, we gon have a hard time
I can probably be voted whenever I care to put in effort so I haven't been

Other people don't have that excuse though so they should be
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 101

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:18 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:01 pm Where is Queen Poison? Towniest town this side of the cosmos?
I’m still waiting for her town flag to be planted. You as her court jester is amusing tho
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:25 pm Just skimmed Sabie’s posts.

Not a lot there tbh. Laughy most of d1, not much substance. Shruggy, almost resigned vote on falcon at EoD. Not rocking the boat or pressing anyone.

I currently light scum read her actually, in this reread. Far from a slam dunk, but pretty blendy.

I’m unconvinced right now about how all the mafia would approach this game, so i may be a bit reachy a few posts ago saying all mafia would come into today swinging. Almost equally likely they’re fine with being middle-pack blendy. Obviously no mafia are gunning to get themselves killed. The only person I’ve seen so far saying they’d like to die is actually luckbox. Hasn’t done much today, but I still have a tentative town read on him.
This nerd calling me scum but not actually reading. Get out of here wolf.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Why is this?
I was more concerned about the Gavi part. Ty tho, I like your Scotty take.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:45 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:43 pm @Scotty I think the appropriate scum strat is to just kill off townies all day every day, and leave an ambiguous finale? I think it's basically impossible for mafia to win this otherwise barring a ridiculous performance by ALL members of the mafia?

Or we could not waste yeets. D3 & 5 should still have a semblance of POE.
Image Image Image
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:47 pm

I feel like this guy is just posting for the sake of posting.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:43 pm

OMGUS calling me wolf instead of just saying I have a bad read. What about me is wolf, Wilgy?

tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

EoD is tomorrow right?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Huh, somehow I missed the part in the rules where scum can kill their own if they haven’t yet by n3. That’s mighty interesting. I wonder if they’ve thought out their operating strategy, or are just flying by the seat of their pants.

I can’t quite wrap my head around the optimal kill. Like if everyone and their mother thinks Wilgy is bad, and he is, he should be the one to die n3 I guess. Or not, just for WIFOM. I dunno. I’m bad at NK strategy, because I do stuff that makes sense to my pea brain, and not what the majority of people would think. Probably.

So I’ll sheep your strategy in that

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tessepia wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:03 pm EoD is tomorrow right?
Yeah, looks to be abbreviated and back on schedule at 9p est

tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:07 pm

Huh, somehow I missed the part in the rules where scum can kill their own if they haven’t yet by n3. That’s mighty interesting. I wonder if they’ve thought out their operating strategy, or are just flying by the seat of their pants.

I can’t quite wrap my head around the optimal kill. Like if everyone and their mother thinks Wilgy is bad, and he is, he should be the one to die n3 I guess. Or not, just for WIFOM. I dunno. I’m bad at NK strategy, because I do stuff that makes sense to my pea brain, and not what the majority of people would think. Probably.

NAA is kinda wolfy idk why you town read them
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tessepia wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:08 pm

If he’s town, he’s a good town voice. I think the discrepancy is his operating under a level of game awareness that I don’t quite understand but sounds logical.

If he’s wolf, he’s still offering things to the table. He’s also one of the most vocal, so if he’s bad, the more he talks the more we can analyze later.

Note that I’d rather vote luckbox, tsp or even you before NAA right now. Out of those 4, he is the one most likely to be a powerwolf. But I’m fine with looking elsewhere right now.

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

tessepia wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:08 pm

Scotty's just better at reading me than you are apparently.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Correction, I guess not :haha:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Would love other input on this:
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:31 am Unless I missed something, we don’t know how many mafia there are in this game do we?

15 mountainous would be basically 3 v 12 right? Or would 4 v 11 make more sense?

And using NAA’s own strategy, I wouldn’t be against even voting him d3 if we haven’t lynched a mafia yet. If he’s a powerwolf, they’ll have to regroup. If he’s good, we celebrate with hot pockets and apple sauce

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:16 pm Would love other input on this:
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:31 am Unless I missed something, we don’t know how many mafia there are in this game do we?

15 mountainous would be basically 3 v 12 right? Or would 4 v 11 make more sense?

And using NAA’s own strategy, I wouldn’t be against even voting him d3 if we haven’t lynched a mafia yet. If he’s a powerwolf, they’ll have to regroup. If he’s good, we celebrate with hot pockets and apple sauce
Also, using this strategy I think Tessepia is a better kill than Scotty.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:24 pm

On d3 you mean?

And how many mafia do you think there are?

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:37 pm

On d3 you mean?

These are Mickey Mouse questions.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 29

Post by G-Man »

There seems to be some confusion about the makeup of the game. In the sign-up thread, I had the faction numbers front-and-center, but it seems that I did not add that to the OP of the game thread.

In case there is any doubt for those who may have missed it...

G-Man wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:18 pm
Power Roles: 0

Factions: 12 civvies against a 3-player mafia team

I will add it to the OP of the game thread as well.

@DaughterOfOmega
@Dolby
@DrWilgy
@Gavial
@Luckbox Inc
@Marmot
@NotAnAxehole
@Poison
@Ruri
@Scotty
@sabie12
@tessepia
@TonyStarkPrime
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:47 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:37 pm

On d3 you mean?

These are Mickey Mouse questions.
Looks like Walt Disney himself answered

But gawrsh, thanks for the comment

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Note to hosts, never try to fix a mistake / gameplay-related thing with an in-game post... I think this confirms Scotty as town, right? (I mean he's been angleshooting all day pretty much)
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:51 pm Note to hosts, never try to fix a mistake / gameplay-related thing with an in-game post... I think this confirms Scotty as town, right? (I mean he's been angleshooting all day pretty much)
Wait, what angleshooting?

You with all this angleshooting talk. I don’t even understand what you’re talking about

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:08 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:51 pm Note to hosts, never try to fix a mistake / gameplay-related thing with an in-game post... I think this confirms Scotty as town, right? (I mean he's been angleshooting all day pretty much)
Wait, what angleshooting?

You with all this angleshooting talk. I don’t even understand what you’re talking about
t O N e reads

It's all I'm good at.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I think tsp or tessepia seem towny and either one seems okay for today. They seem genuine in their posting to me. I'm hoping to be less busy and be able to be around more tomorrow and for eod.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

What convinced you that poison is for sure town?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:53 pm
What convinced you that poison is for sure town?
Lol
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:59 pm

OMGUS calling me wolf instead of just saying I have a bad read. What about me is wolf, Wilgy?
It's not a bad read. It's one that was made being uninformed and stuck to in spite of being uninformed. I.e. you are forcing it. I'd believe that the Scotty who legitimately suss's me wouldn't have missed the fact that I too have argued that it would be in mafia's favor to attempt to die hard and early.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Says the person who multicolor jestered. Get out of here and don't discredit. Every yeet is important and we shouldn't throw votes willy nilly as you suggest.
Image Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Why is this?
Isn't this an original read you are replying to?

:hmm:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:25 pm
Why is this?
Isn't this an original read you are replying to?

:hmm:
I can’t remember.

So in summary, you don’t like me (which I assume means you think I’m scum and not just making a dart board with my face as the bullseye in your parlor) and gavial is towny.

Got any other thoughts on people?

Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Gavial »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:59 pm

It's not a bad read. It's one that was made being uninformed and stuck to in spite of being uninformed. I.e. you are forcing it. I'd believe that the Scotty who legitimately suss's me wouldn't have missed the fact that I too have argued that it would be in mafia's favor to attempt to die hard and early.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:50 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Says the person who multicolor jestered. Get out of here and don't discredit. Every yeet is important and we shouldn't throw votes willy nilly as you suggest.
And the Town Read of tonight goes tooooooo Wigly!
Congratulations on an amazing performance!

What passion and acts of genuine within these posts!
What responses! Very good very good.
Ruri
The Mark
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself
Aka: Phraze

Post by Ruri »

I wonder if this is some jester game. I vote Luckbox.
Mafia Stats
Since Nov 2016: 33W, 42L
Ruri
The Mark

Post by Ruri »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:34 pm I just realized town’s success in this game hinges on people playing to their best town game ability. So those sitting around with their thumbs up their butts will be ok for now, but towards end of game if we’re having to decide between the zodiac killer, the ghost of Elvis and my childhood friend Bryan’s dad who left him in the 2nd grade, we gon have a hard time
I'm playing to best of my ability.
Mafia Stats
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

I definitely find Ruri sketch
Ruri
The Mark

Post by Ruri »

I'm always sketch.
Mafia Stats
Ruri
The Mark

Post by Ruri »

I wonder if optimal play is to just vote out the lurkers. Those who post a lot should be easy to solve towards late-game. Or, we should always leave the most obvious townie in the game. Since mafia will get a free kill on their own if this is past D3, it also might be better to vote out one mafia just before that.. Prevents them from picking someone they're sure won't be voted out.
Mafia Stats
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Ruri wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:33 am I wonder if this is some jester game. I vote Luckbox.
I mean it kind of is seeing as how the goal is to be voted out but there are no PRs or anything.
Ruri wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:20 am I wonder if optimal play is to just vote out the lurkers. Those who post a lot should be easy to solve towards late-game. Or, we should always leave the most obvious townie in the game. Since mafia will get a free kill on their own if this is past D3, it also might be better to vote out one mafia just before that.. Prevents them from picking someone they're sure won't be voted out.
Sounds kind of like what others have been suggesting. Do you have someone in mind that you would vote out that you think is potential mafia?
~Darren Shan~
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Optimal play tomorrow: make an ordered list, chop from the top. Think then very carefully about which of their own the wolves kill. Then throw out the list

Return to “Previous Rackets”