Total votes: 17
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I am re-reading your ISO's. I started with the ISO on G-Man because there are some things in there that I found myself shaking me head while reading (shaking yes).

First, this struck me because as I said earlier, I had a gut bad feel about G-Man and felt it might be tied to his tone re:DH. You expressed my feeling more appropriately in terms of his behavior:

I don't disagree that DH's take on ties is a little shortsighted, but I wonder why G-man felt the need to attack/provoke him like this. Seems kind of shoehorned in. He'd made his case, and then it's as if he needed to frame DH in a negative light afterward. Perhaps..

Now maybe this framing is warranted, maybe DH's stance on ties is a baddie stance, but this seems like an attack instead of a stance which wold be more along the lines of "I think DH is bad because...". I didn't like it when I saw it and I still don't like it.

Second and much more importantly is his assessment of me and the vote.

[mention]G-Man[/mention], you said you suspected me after reading me - why? I would like specifics and not something general. Whatever your reasons were are they still present currently? And why didn't you try to address me on whatever issues you found? And the vote - Sloonei has asked these questions but I will ask them again - why did you say you were voting me and then vote for Sloonei? What happened there? Why didn't you share your thinking and if you couldn't before the vote why haven't you shared it since?

I think I will go ahead and place a vote for you G-Man because we've got another full day and plenty of time for you to respond and this plenty of time to change my vote.

[VOTE: G-Man] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I have reason to believe that nutella was killed by one of the five players I ISO’d.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm I have reason to believe that nutella was killed by one of the five players I ISO’d.
Now that's spicy.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:32 am
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 amI have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin
My question is for Epignosis, is the first quote suss?
No.

Double-standards, and what not, but I don't care.

Women write differently than men.
Epi is bad for not checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.
Or Turnip is bad for posing the question without checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.

got em
I don't follow pls explain
Sloonei and Luna's qualifiers are different. One could argue Sloonei was qualifying his post - "I have a genuine suspicion..." but Luna's use of valid is a reference to her earlier rebuttal where Mac said Day 1 cases are based on nothing and a direct quote using the term valid from SVS. The fact that she repeats the word valid in the same post should make this obvious.

Epi made a blanket statement about how women post which means he didn't check context. If he did he'd have realised the difference between the two. I don't expect this from town.
I didn't need to check context because I understood the post the first time I read it. And I read it as being deliberately snarky. I smiled when I read it.
then why didn't you say that?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why’d you kill nutella, quin?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:06 am
Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:00 am
Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:55 am
Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 am Sloonei is probably not the main person we're looking for but this is really funny regardless and I'm not opposed to leaving my vote there.
Am I the only one who's concerned about this post? What does it mean that "Sloonei is probably not the main person we're looking for"? Are there "main" scum players that are supposed to be pursued over the others? If Sloonei is not the "main" target then who is? What does this post mean, Enrique?
It means you probably don't figure in my win conditions.
:evileye: okay then

Who is the main person we're looking for?
Does "Jagged Blade" ring a bell?
no
sloonei :0
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:27 pm Why’d you kill nutella, quin?
bite me
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 pm
Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 am Sloonei is probably not the main person we're looking for but this is really funny regardless and I'm not opposed to leaving my vote there.
Am I the only one who's concerned about this post? What does it mean that "Sloonei is probably not the main person we're looking for"? Are there "main" scum players that are supposed to be pursued over the others? If Sloonei is not the "main" target then who is? What does this post mean, Enrique?

no
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:52 am At this time, both baddie team names have only shown up in role PMs. Corrupt Remnant appeared in the night post. Jagged Blade has not appeared in the thread yet.

There is a rule about not reproducing Host PMs in the thread. Thank you to those that respect the rule.

For the record, Sloonei, whatever his alignment is, had both baddie team names in his PM. Stop angleshooting and play the game for real.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:27 pm Why’d you kill nutella, quin?
bite me
Who else could have done it?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:15 amFor now I am dropping a vote on Kyle, I think his vote was the shadiest of a shady lynch.

[VOTE: Kylemii] aubergine
svs, maybe you missed it, but you didn't answer my question from before, i'd appreciate it if you did, please.

and i still don't see how my vote was shady. i voted for wolbre because there was more reason to believe he was bad than there was to believe sloonei or doctor wilgy were bad, and explained that. the fact that wolbre had made posts that irked me earlier in the day made me more comfortable voting for him.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 pm

no
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:52 am At this time, both baddie team names have only shown up in role PMs. Corrupt Remnant appeared in the night post. Jagged Blade has not appeared in the thread yet.

There is a rule about not reproducing Host PMs in the thread. Thank you to those that respect the rule.

For the record, Sloonei, whatever his alignment is, had both baddie team names in his PM. Stop angleshooting and play the game for real.
hey no spoilers, i'm not on that page yet. :\
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:34 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:28 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:16 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm I discuss what I personally deem interesting/important.

Point 1 being I made this role concept the trickster is based off of. And I have most definitely seen it used to make a town flip as mafia looking (@ quin)

Point 2: mechanically speaking the mafia would make the town less on guard, which would further present itself as a problem later on in the game. If the trickster is still alive and can forge roles, the mafia could fake even more kills and possibly their own deaths again.

The only true way to lie detect someone who is now dead is having a mortician or someone to confirm the dead’s identity, aka what I pointed out with lycantha

Until they find TH’s body we won’t be 100% sure that we actually was the trickster
What is the desired outcome of discussing this for civs?
Awareness, information to keep in mind

That’s all. I can’t be every player in the game so I have to make sure everyone can at least consider and dismiss or approve of information I think is relevant
How does knowing this information change the way civs should act, in your opinion?
it's not meant to change the way they act directly. i just said it's information to keep in mind. especially cause the statement to consider is laden with WIFOM
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm I have reason to believe that nutella was killed by one of the five players I ISO’d.
Now we're cooking
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

juliets is town, i can feel it in my bones
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 am I can get behind the Kyle suspish. That big post where he responded to all of Sloonei’s concerns point by point seems out of character for town-Kyle this early on, as if he’s going out of his way to look agreeable and eager to please. It’s not as big of a suspish than those I previously stated, but it’s a suspish.
what would be in character? i always respond when i'm mentioned or quoted
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Yeah I don’t agree with Colin’s point about Kyle at all. I asked Kyle a few direct questions and he answered them. I came out of the ISO with a town read on him. It’s not as if he should have felt pressured to respond there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 pm
Now we're cooking
Care to weigh in?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm I discuss what I personally deem interesting/important.

Point 1 being I made this role concept the trickster is based off of. And I have most definitely seen it used to make a town flip as mafia looking (@ quin)

Point 2: mechanically speaking the mafia would make the town less on guard, which would further present itself as a problem later on in the game. If the trickster is still alive and can forge roles, the mafia could fake even more kills and possibly their own deaths again.

The only true way to lie detect someone who is now dead is having a mortician or someone to confirm the dead’s identity, aka what I pointed out with lycantha

Until they find TH’s body we won’t be 100% sure that we actually was the trickster
what do you mean by "find TH's body", and who is "they"?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you named those five cats and said "who of these are most likely to kill nutella" I would say Lunalee.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Enrique wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:02 pm Hey guys, I'm really confused by this game, the roles don't have an alignment linked to them. Am I a civvie?
you may not have my blood, eko. you are uninvited from the blood party. :\
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:19 pm If you named those five cats and said "who of these are most likely to kill nutella" I would say Lunalee.
why's that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

why did you make us cats?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:19 pm If you named those five cats and said "who of these are most likely to kill nutella" I would say Lunalee.
why's that?
I think Lunalee and nutella have had some recent semi-rivalry consistent run ins thing that would make nutella come across as a viable threat to Luna.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 pm why did you make us cats?
you jiiiive toikey
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 145

Post by sig »

For the trickster normally the role doesn't work in a way that would let someone flip as the trickster if they were night killed. We could see a twist with the role here, but I doubt it. We need to also remember there are items in play that could've been used to kill TH as well annnnnd lots of secrets.
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Kangaroo court is in session- the honorable EOD CFD is presiding. Yikes! What a mess that D1 lynch turned into.
juliets wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:49 pm
G-Man, you said you suspected me after reading me - why? I would like specifics and not something general. Whatever your reasons were are they still present currently? And why didn't you try to address me on whatever issues you found? And the vote - Sloonei has asked these questions but I will ask them again - why did you say you were voting me and then vote for Sloonei? What happened there? Why didn't you share your thinking and if you couldn't before the vote why haven't you shared it since?
Of the five people I ISO’d Day 1, your’s seemed most plausible to be manufactured. Having read through the thread in full, I can still see it that way but I’m casting a wider net now and going back to ISO everyone.

My intent was to make an imperfect vote for you Day 1 but then I saw Sloonei taking the notion way too far. I wish I had been able to look through more ISOs for blenders but I ran out of time. Sloonei got my vote because he went from pushy to accommodating to cordial to panicky to desperate all in one day. That’s exhausting to read through and it looked lame in the moment.

I didn’t want to start a bona fide train on you. I just wanted to find a place to dump a Day 1 vote based on partial reads and imperfect understanding. Voting for you after Sloonei would have made you a train. I think my vote for Sloonei tied him with Wilgy at the time, which added to the cheeky fun of voting without posting.

Why aren’t I sharing more often? Because I’m tired most of the time, busy at home, stressed out at work, and fighting like heck to deny the impulse to let this game take over my life. I also don’t like answering lots of little questions in this sea of yip-yip-yip. I’m going to move forward because I choose not to explain the past too much. It slows me down too much. I remember pissing off MP a few times doing this sort of thing.

Onward.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 am I see what Enrique and Dana are saying.

I voted DrWilgy again. I don't like him popping up immediately after he almost got lynched + i feel like TH sort of soft defended him without really committing to it with the post he made here:
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 pm DrWilgy dropping a vote and peacing out is nothing new
This is definitely a soft supportive comment of wilgy.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:22 pm
why's that?
I think Lunalee and nutella have had some recent semi-rivalry consistent run ins thing that would make nutella come across as a viable threat to Luna.
I have not been considering that nutella’s death was carried out singularly by one indvidual. I’ve been assuming it was a team kill. Is there reason to consider otherwise?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by timmer »

Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:23 pm I'd rather lynch sprityo, he's low-key lurkin
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 am CfD G-Mang
I'm putting sprityo and G-Man down as not likely Corrupt Remnant for now.

Since when do the night posts reveal alignments?
Hmm, you are the second person I've seen take the "this means sprityo is not a teamie " stance with that, but I'm not sold. If sprityo were largely absent, say, that would be a safe thing to say about a teammate because the odds of the entire lynch swinging to an absent sprityo were teeny tiny.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:50 am DH...

Voted in a way that made it seem like TH and he coordinated their vote.
Said that he would be suspicious of anyone who tied votes, then went and tied the vote while lolling.
TH and DH only engaged in the thread with the mehist of the meh. With their history I don't like it.
If I read DH as though he is Mafia it rules out as teammates the same players that the TH ISO ruled out.

Chances of teammate = 95%.
Interesting breakdown, byt even without rereadibg his iso, I'm pretty sure dh did some solids work building a case on sloonei? I'd say his play isn't meh. That said, as one of the main architects of the case on sloonei you are correct that his move to wobble seems odd in retrospect.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:17 am It almost feels like the thread is being intentionally obscured, discouraging people from reading it, by post bombing it. I used to know someone on LP who did that intentionally. That was almost how I felt about early Nutella, but then decided she was just shitposting.
In my reread I just hit a cluster of svs posts, I'm feeling she's civ. Baddie svs tends to be more aggressive with her chosen targets, in this game she is being direct but not pushy, so for now, civ.
My siggie.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:50 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:34 pm

That’s all. I can’t be every player in the game so I have to make sure everyone can at least consider and dismiss or approve of information I think is relevant
How does knowing this information change the way civs should act, in your opinion?
it's not meant to change the way they act directly. i just said it's information to keep in mind. especially cause the statement to consider is laden with WIFOM
:ponder:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:01 am That little spewforth by S-V-S was very mafia-y imo.
We had the opposite read, lol.
My siggie.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Kyle so far seems compatible with town Kyle.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey players, I'm just back from a day of working, and then working a catering job. I'm going to settle in and grab a drink, and start getting to PMs and Chats and any questions or whatever.

I wish I could just be here all the time for you, but I am not wealthy so I have to work for money. Thanks for your patience... I hope the game is going well.

LoRab wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Please clarify: Does this mean we cannot reference a host pm? I always thought it meant they couldn't be quoted directly. Thanks.
You can reference them... really, it's a rule that I want to keep in the 'spirit' rather than the 'letter' of the law. I don't want people demanding to get the text from a PM to prove someone is Civ. Ever. That's intolerable.

I guess... err on the side of caution, and PM me to ask if you think there might be an issue. I don't expect to have to deal with anything like this again.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

juliets wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 am How disappointing that nutella died. She was a confident town read for me. I'm so glad the Trickster's gone though, and like S~V~S he wasn't even on my radar.

Sorry I did not get to this last night. I talked with llama and mongoose (who haven't been around in ages) until I fell asleep.

I have a somewhat urgent personal situation this morning so I'm going to throw out some reads and talk more about them when I'm home this afternoon.

I have 3 people I'm looking at as potentially bad: Wilgy, sprityo, and G-Man. I have indicated why I'm suspicious of wilgy and sprit, and indicated I had bad feelings about G. Sloonei did a good job of outlining some of the things I could not articulate. I feel bad if G is having a hard time keeping up but it doesn't change my suspicion.

People I'm reading as civ:

S~V~S because she seems like the old civ S~V~S. She's calling things out as she see's them and was not afraid to call out Luna even though she doesn't know her well. She understood what sig was saying with his bloodthirsty post instead of jumping on him for saying that about her. Bad S~V~S wouldn't have been that understanding.

DDL - In UPick DDL started out by doing some things that seemed a little odd or scummy but it turned out he was an indie who was a key component of the civ win. His tone in this game early on reminded me of that game and still does.

Luna - I so often misread her as bad. In this game her tone reminds me of Hogwarts where she was good. There was something in her posts I liked too but I can't remember it right now and don't have time to look back. I will later though.

Quin - his posts are to the point and several times I found myself agreeing with him. This appears to be civ Quin to me. Sloonei I read your synopsis of him this morning and will go back and bump that up against what I've seen because obviously you know his game a lot better than me, but for now I read him as civ.

timmer - In retrospect I like his post about TH. He saw something when the rest of us saw nothing. I liked his post about how much changing Sloonei had done, it really brought it into focus for me. Reads Luna as good which I do too.

Tranq - his explanation about why he said the poll options seemed meaningless was good Imo. He didn't fault DDL for his role alignment post because it's good to think hard about the role alignments in these map games. Voted DrWilgy again showing he was serious about his vote day 1.

There are a lot of people I have mixed reads on right now.

Sloonei, I maybe just don't play with you enough but I'm still bothered by your attempt to lynch me when you knew I wasn't around and wasn't going to be, after I had been around all day. I understand you didn't get to me until 10:40 but if I was bothering you why not look at me sooner? Also, I'm just wary of the rapid mind changing but am trying to accept that as just part of your style.

DH I want to call you civ. Your tone and spiciness make me think civ but you fooled me so bad last game.

Colin and c-bob I'm getting you mixed up. I need to do a back to back iso. I just don't have an opinion right now.

Dana I would love to see some reads from you.

Enrique haven't seen anything particularly bad or good. I probably need to look harder.

INH where are you? Can you provide some reads?

Jack I need to closely read you. There is enough there that I feel like I should have an opinion.

Kyle I have a hard time reading you. Will look more closely

Lorab have you given any reads yet?

Mac you seem like your civ self, and when you're civ your mafia nose is strong so I need to pay some more close attention to your reads. I know you didn't like my Wilgy vote but thats ok. The only reason your not in my civ category is I'm wary of your ability to fool me.

nova, maybe you should be on my potential baddie list. I know nothing about what you think. I remember you posting an emoji but I don't remember anything else. Could you provide some reads please?

sable, so sweet I want to call you civ. I need to see a little more though.

sig - I feel for sig because in discord he said late last week he had 4 projects and 3 finals coming up (this is when I was asking him to play) so I can understand how he could be distracted. I'd like to see some additional behavior though.

sorsha, I need to see more to have an opinion.

speed - not seeing anything particularly bad or good. Need more behavior and I need to ISO you.

Ok I think that's everyone. I can talk more about this this afternoon but right now I have an urgent appointment and then pt so be back sometime mid afternoon.
I actually just iso'd my own posts, which is a first, but I don't believe I ever made any points about th? What are you referring to, here?
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:10 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:01 am That little spewforth by S-V-S was very mafia-y imo.
We had the opposite read, lol.
It very much read like a Mafia feeling guilty of lurking dumping content in the thread all at once to make up for their own guilt.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sorsha wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:12 pm
Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 am I see what Enrique and Dana are saying.

I voted DrWilgy again. I don't like him popping up immediately after he almost got lynched + i feel like TH sort of soft defended him without really committing to it with the post he made here:
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 pm DrWilgy dropping a vote and peacing out is nothing new
I could see this. I remember a long time ago when quiet wilgy meant bad wilgy. I don’t know how much that old meta holds up nowadays but I dig a TH/wilgy connection.

Also the TH/DH connection that Mac mentioned. I didn’t see any in thread connection between them(maybe I missed it I’m really only skimming at this point). It seems like Mac was watching the late lynch vote switching and that DH and TH made some vote switches that looked like they were probably coordinated bts? Is that right @MacDougall?

Sloonei kept saying that Epis case on him was fake. @Epignosis was it? Or do you believe sloon is bad? I really didn’t think his day one waffling was all that bad. Being day one and all. I think his reaction made him look worse. I read someone saying he looked “frantic.” I’m not sure on sloonei yet.

Also, half joking, half serious here. SVS- you didn’t kill Nutella because she called you grandma, did you? :biggrin:
Yeah I was pretty against the wilgy lynch, it seemed weak but that pop up right after the lynch result was pretty bad and that TH post doesn't do him any favours either. Hes at best back to neutral, at worst I'll reread him later and decide if he looks outright bad.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

I'm voting for G-Man.

I'm still ten pages behind, but so far I think he's a deceptive one.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:59 pm http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... ly#p491715

And the post I make directly after
I get this idea. The baddies made a deliberately weird kill choice and can't help but want it discussed a bit. I'd love to know if there are numbers supporting it as a true tell, but the idea that it could be a tell is logical.

Same with looking for someone asking "hey is anyone cursed? " etc.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:43 pm [VOTE: TIMMER] aubergine

Hoping to see some more from Tranq but I’m gonna park myself here. I keep wavering on Sloonei so timmer rounds out the top 3.
I'm sure I'll get to an explanation eventually as I read but.... why?
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:14 pm
Still think Tranq looks like crap. Need to see more from G-Man to be sure.
What?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:05 pm
timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:54 pm While I do my reread I will note here that speedchuck seems to have caught up but has made zero mention of my case and attempts to get people to vote for her. This doesn't help my opinion of what is still most an iso of discussing game mechanics and no sense of trying to find baddies.
I'm not caught up. As of right now, there are like 18 pages earlier in this game I have not and probably will never read. @ me when you want me to address things.
Will do, and I just saw that you've been sick too, so this all softens my stance on you.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm @ColinIsCool talk to me about timmer some more. I've been feeling better about him each time he posts, but you came in here today with your eye on him. I'd like to hear more about that.
It mostly stems from one post I highlighted earlier which I can reproduce and a lack of town reading him which I found easy to do in Hogwarts
So I went back and found that post. You didn't like that I said most day 1 cases are shit, basically?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I just shoveled for the 4th or maybe 5th time today and it is still snowing....

Colin, one more question for you. I've made a lot of posts in this game and commented on write a few people. What do you think of my full iso?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm I would like to vote for one of the five people I ISO'd at the beginning of the day:

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

ranked from least to most suspicious.
So you want to vote for g man?
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:54 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm I would like to vote for one of the five people I ISO'd at the beginning of the day:

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

He's my top choice and the one I'm currently on, yeah. But I'm open to theories on any of them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

sabie12 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:53 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 pm

It's an interesting idea sprityo, one I certainly hadn't thought of. The thing I don't understand though is can a forger forge and identity like "Trickster"? I thought they only forged alignment. I haven't played many games with forgers so maybe I'm just confused.
Sorry haven't been around much working and sleeping and then now I have a starfinder game tonight.

I was thinking about how that actually works. What does forging a kill actually mean in the context of this game? I mean I guess if the trickster can make it look like they were the one killed no one would suspect they're still out there. Also if forging means they can make whoever they kill seem whatever role and alignment they want then initially saying their own would not cause anyone to be like hey wait I'm that role they're lying or whatnot.
And also just a game mechanic question that I attempted to ask last game but I dont think anyone answered. If TH was the trickster and targeted someone would his death cancel out that kill or would they still have been killed? As in could he have killed nutella and someone killed him or is that not how that works? Sorry if that's a dumb question I just don't know.

Also this salad posting thing I've never heard before. Is it a problem to list out reads on people? I thought that was like a part of the game.
It depends on the host's order of events, but I think you can typically both kill and be killed in the same night.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:55 am
timmer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:54 am

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

He's my top choice and the one I'm currently on, yeah. But I'm open to theories on any of them.
The top 3 names are all players I see playing in their style and I havr no strong pings. Quin all I can remember is that he didn't like that post of mine on Day 1, like Colin, so I'll have to read his iso. I'm almost caught up but expecting a phone call, but you'll have that iso before I sleep.

Actually I'll read him later too I get his posts mixed with wilgy in my head for some reason.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:56 am
sabie12 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:53 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 pm

It's an interesting idea sprityo, one I certainly hadn't thought of. The thing I don't understand though is can a forger forge and identity like "Trickster"? I thought they only forged alignment. I haven't played many games with forgers so maybe I'm just confused.
Sorry haven't been around much working and sleeping and then now I have a starfinder game tonight.

I was thinking about how that actually works. What does forging a kill actually mean in the context of this game? I mean I guess if the trickster can make it look like they were the one killed no one would suspect they're still out there. Also if forging means they can make whoever they kill seem whatever role and alignment they want then initially saying their own would not cause anyone to be like hey wait I'm that role they're lying or whatnot.
And also just a game mechanic question that I attempted to ask last game but I dont think anyone answered. If TH was the trickster and targeted someone would his death cancel out that kill or would they still have been killed? As in could he have killed nutella and someone killed him or is that not how that works? Sorry if that's a dumb question I just don't know.

Also this salad posting thing I've never heard before. Is it a problem to list out reads on people? I thought that was like a part of the game.
It depends on the host's order of events, but I think you can typically both kill and be killed in the same night.
I don't roleblock a player who gets killed. That sounds like a more boring and lamer way to do things. Let the dead player have one last hurrah, I say!

Return to “Previous Jobs”