JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
KZA
No votes
Poison
No votes
No Eviction
10%
Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack (Host, MoD, Dead, Nons)
50%

Total votes: 10
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mafia (NIGHT 1)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:02 pm Sorry for being a little bitch.
Likewise. I was a baby last night early in this phase.

You'll read me however the hell you do and that's the game. Go crazy. I need to handle that like an adult.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bensteinbuellermeme
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Wait, does everyone but me have a power role?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Be nice to get some final thoughts before the night is over. About 45 minutes.

:bored:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Scirrus »

good evening my syndicats

gonna read up now
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:21 pm that sucks. decided im a vibes guy now

chop:
jjj
lc

no chop:
splints
marmot

idk:
char
poison
grogu

cant decide:
scirrus

already chopped for all i know:
epi
reywas
so you could see JJJ's first read of the game being a townread on his scumbuddy?

why splints and marmot for nochop?

why do you say epi is already chopped?
Scirrus
The Mark

Re: Mafia (DAY 1)

Post by Scirrus »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:11 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:42 pm I'm beginning to scope possible mafia pairings.
This, folks, is horseshit.

They're "possible" because no mafia has been caught yet. Any combo is possible.

This is JJJ trying to look useful. This is what he does. It's busy work.

Please, please, please stop listening to his horseshit and lynch him Day 2 after I'm gone.
Ok. :noble:
LC do you have any reads beyond Epi being town? (which i gather form this)
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Alison wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:55 am
Scirrus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:24 pm Scum team is Grogu, Chardonnay, and Enrique for raisins

c y'all later gg
salad

kill this
what
Scirrus
The Mark

Re: Mafia (DAY 1)

Post by Scirrus »

Alison wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:05 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 am chard and Scirrus came to reasonable conclusions with their votes for me. I townread them.

Epignosis is trying to solve JJJ. I'll give him a townread for that. I want this to happen.

JJJ is posting in a manner he previously stated was uncomfortable. Not sure if that was a joke or a real feeling. He can surely explain. His vote for me is leaves a bit to be desired. Mild annoyance, he followed chardonnay's vote despite chard being listed in his "nothing" section.

Nanook shaded Jay for talking about game mechanics. No other reads. Big meh.

Nothing noteworthy from other players in my eyes as of yet (except for Grogu's TownWatch LLC, which I'm in the midst of applying for).
not used to town marmot approaching the game in such a straightforward and head on textbook manner. where's your head at marmot? are you a wolf?
what do you mean by this?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Enrique »

Scirrus wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:27 pm
Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:21 pm that sucks. decided im a vibes guy now

chop:
jjj
lc

no chop:
splints
marmot

idk:
char
poison
grogu

cant decide:
scirrus

already chopped for all i know:
epi
reywas
so you could see JJJ's first read of the game being a townread on his scumbuddy?

why splints and marmot for nochop?

why do you say epi is already chopped?
I am not saying JJJ and LC are the scum duo. I am saying I could go for chopping either.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Enrique please tell me about Marmot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Alison wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:16 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:09 pm Kids are getting snacks.

Role claiming legal.

So fuck it. You all did this to yourselves.

I am the civilian jack of all trades.

One shot block.
One shot protect.
One shot vote strip.

Good job, good luck.

At least mafia will kill me and I can stop punishing myself.

At least use this time to actually lynch a mafia a member and not a civilian who doesn't post until late evening anymore (and JJJ knows this shit, as do others).
one shot protect? great. I'm the cop. protect me for a free win.
why would you claim this now
Alison wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:19 am scirrus is always on the sidelines, never in the fray. I don't like that.

scirrus and marmot are my top suspects. I'm going to check one of them tonight. block me if you can.
why do i feel like you came in to the game with your mind made up on how you're going to read me

and what do you mean by never in the fray? what do you expect me to be doing

this read seems lazy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I could see Alison being mafia, particularly if Marmot is not. Her town read on me is rather frivolous in an environment where I am generally getting the shits otherwise (from many) -- mafia do that with me pretty often. I'm an easy civilian to white knight when other civilians are trying to kill me. Also think her Scirrus suspicion is iffy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:34 am I lost a close friend today and my head isn’t in a place for any mafia. I’ll try and come around if I feel up for it later but I likely won’t be posting until tomorrow.
Take all the time you need. <3 I'm sorry you have to go through this. It's hard.
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:05 pm

Green - doubt they're mafia teammates
Yellow - compatible as mafia teammates
Orange - seem especially compatible as mafia teammates

Okee dokee here's the compiled chart. Note: I skipped Epignosis, as that may work itself out and I don't have all day. I defaulted everyone's interactions with reywaS to yellow. There's just nothing to say about that slot.

I found this a lot more fruitful for my view of the game than I expected it to be. This thread may be bare bones, but there's plenty of meaningful stuff around here to talk about:

~ As I mentioned in my previous post, I think Marmot is a mafioso. That may be my strongest read in the game, stronger than any of my town reads save perhaps Epignosis. He's compatible with nearly everyone, has the only orange block, and just looks terrible to me at face value. Among the players who are broadly compatible with the field (fingersplints, Grogu, Long Con, reywaS), he is the only one that has actually made numerous posts and been involved (exception of splints, whose reads simply trend toward low confidence). So it's not default in Marmot's case. He just fits.

~ I don't figure Scirrus is a mafioso. That was already my perspective, and this strengthens it. He fits only with the exact list of defaults I just listed, and nearly everyone fits with them. He does not fit with Marmot in my view. I'd love to hear @Alison's perspective of this in particular, given that you've voiced suspicion of Scirrus since arriving.

~ Alisonnay and Poison are in a similarly decent position, albeit less confidently so. Alison is a bad fit with Marmot, so that's her best look. Poison's fits are largely default but they include Marmot. At face value I think Poison looks town. Alison is too early judge at face value for me -- no immediate major gripes. That Scirrus read is what interests me.

~ Enrique has the only orange I was comfortable with, alongside Marmot. It could be. I will appreciate any feedback I can get on that interaction. Marmot is compatible all over the place, so Enrique doesn't have to be a teammate. Let's talk about it.

~ I didn't call Grogu/Marmot orange, but I was tempted to. Their connection is a rather blatant one.

~ If you suspect me for whatever reason, fine, get your rocks off. Please don't ignore my work though, because it is genuine and I want to talk about it. Thank you.

Night ends in 3 hours, and I have 10 posts left to talk about stuff. Come one come all.

[20]
Thanks for this. I havent digested this much yet but I see you have Enrique as an orange square. Is this scum equity entirely just based on Marmot being scum? Bc I thought that independently Enrique has been pretty towny in this thoughts/progressions.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scirrus wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:55 pm Thanks for this. I havent digested this much yet but I see you have Enrique as an orange square. Is this scum equity entirely just based on Marmot being scum? Bc I thought that independently Enrique has been pretty towny in this thoughts/progressions.
All that orange square means is that if either Marmot or Enrique is mafia, the other seems like a good fit to be a partner. It doesn't imply that either one is mafia. I agree with you about Enrique at face value at least.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Posting two more times before night ends so it's easier to track my posts

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[30]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by G-Man »

I am locking the thread momentarily to capture post counts and to format the night post. Sit tight...
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

When the Moon Hits Your Eye Like a Magnum .45

As the sun rose over Piano Estates, Jacob Ferraro sat at his dining room table, shaking. He held his hands in his head as he did his best to avoid hyperventilating. It wasn’t working too well. Just two hours earlier he had woken to the sound of a gunshot tearing through the quite night.

As he would relay to the police several times over the next few days, his instincts took him down the stairs and out the front door before he was even truly half-awake. In his peripheral vision, he saw someone running up the sidewalk toward Phase 2 before cutting between two houses. Turning back to where the blast had come from, he saw his neighbor sprawled out on his front walk.

The guy was a bit of an odd creature, going for a morning run before any sensible person would even argue to call it morning. Jacob couldn’t tell if he was just starting his run or just ending it. When you’re shot in the neck, blood has a nasty tendency of getting everywhere, so Jacob couldn’t tell if the guy was sweaty from a run or not. All he could see and smell was blood.

Jacob recoiled in terror when his neighbor gasped for air. Jacob rolled him on his side to prevent him from choking on his own blood. It was too late to save his life, but Jacob held the man’s hand until it went limp and lifeless.

In just a matter of days, neighbors had turned on each other. Now bloodshed. None of it made any sense, so Jacob just sat there- shaking and trying to breathe.

----------------------------

Marmot is dead. He was:

VINCE GAROFALO, a civvie. You are newly retired and bored out of your mind. As such, you have taken up people-watching. Each night, you can watch any player of your choice, thereby learning the names of any players targeting them that night.

It is now Day 2.

It will last 24 hours.

Nobody violated their post limits on Night 1. Well done!
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One can only laugh. Bye Marmot. XD

If anyone targeted me last night, you may have hit reywaS instead. Lemme know.

I'm at work right now. I'll think shit over and post sporadically. That flip kinda breaks things open.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark

Re: Mafia (DAY 2)

Post by Scirrus »

mafia was messed with

i claim vig and shot marmot
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

yeah, i suck, i know
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

god I hope whoever fucked with mafia can out someone
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I did not mess with anything.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hell I hate my role so fuck it. Dunno if it's relevant to anything, but I'm a Hider. I "hide behind" a target, and the first action targeting me his my "hide buddy" instead. I hid behind reywaS. I threw a bit of a hail mary with "I have the strongest role" hoping to get shot so it'd take out rey.

I am obligated to use my role and consider it borderline crippled/anti-civilian. It's possible to use it effectively, but not very likely. If folks want to discuss how I use that, sure -- just be mindful of what the mafia will do with that dialogue.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A hosting philosophy question has been asked of me that warrants being shared with the full game thread.

Individual role powers must always be submitted by the individual player holding the role. Teammates (civvie, baddie, and indy) may not submit a teammate's individual role power on their behalf.
My Banners:
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Enrique »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:38 pm @Enrique please tell me about Marmot.
He’s dead. :/

I think I need to do a serious re-read / ISO of almost everyone. I will let you know what I find.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

With 10 players alive, a 3-player mafia team would present us with only one more opportunity for a mistake (7 vs. 3 becomes 5 vs. 3 if a night kill occurs, where we might not chop anyone). Two mafia with or without independents would likely be less brutal. I suggest we play as though it's the worst-case scenario.

One miss left + three mafia = correct POE pool of four needed to secure the game. In the current environment, that would mean working to clear 5 names that aren't you.

I realize that's not an easy task. One has to try. Right now I am comfortable with three:

Epignosis - night phase seemed behavior quite civilian
Scirrus - believe the vigilante claim, seemed civilian anyway, not great mafia team fits
Poison - seems civilian in general, decently separable from possible mafia teammates

The remaining names would be [Alison, Enrique, fingersplints, Grogu, Long Con, reywaS]. I will do my best today to find two names in there that can be comfortably removed.

My view of Epignosis relies some on what we hear of the non-kill if anything, presuming Scirrus's honesty. For now he's a civilian.

[3]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:17 pm I did not mess with anything.
But were you messed with?
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:17 pm I did not mess with anything.
But were you messed with?
I can't be messed with.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:59 pm With 10 players alive, a 3-player mafia team would present us with only one more opportunity for a mistake (7 vs. 3 becomes 5 vs. 3 if a night kill occurs, where we might not chop anyone). Two mafia with or without independents would likely be less brutal. I suggest we play as though it's the worst-case scenario.

One miss left + three mafia = correct POE pool of four needed to secure the game. In the current environment, that would mean working to clear 5 names that aren't you.

I realize that's not an easy task. One has to try. Right now I am comfortable with three:

Scirrus - believe the vigilante claim, seemed civilian anyway, not great mafia team fits
Poison - seems civilian in general, decently separable from possible mafia teammates

The remaining names would be [Alison, Enrique, fingersplints, Grogu, Long Con, reywaS]. I will do my best today to find two names in there that can be comfortably removed.

My view of Epignosis relies some on what we hear of the non-kill if anything, presuming Scirrus's honesty. For now he's a civilian.

[3]
I’m also leaning towards believing that claim as well, on the basis of Marmot would make a really odd mafia kill choice, as he has some heat on him in the thread. Why use a night kill on someone who could be taken out by lynch?

I’m also interested in what Epignosis has to say of his ability use.

I don’t trust LC
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

Page 1:

Were I to vote for anyone on this page, it's Grogu. I realize it's Day 0, but across five posts I got the impression that Grogu is not comfortable. The fifth and final post on page one asks Marmot a silly question that doesn't go anywhere.

On future pages, instead of trying to figure Marmot out, Grogu treats Marmot as a civilian without any thread-based reason. Marmot's role does not indicate that anyone should know he is a civilian from the beginning.

The final post Grogu makes is "Epi is a fine wagon. I rather protect marmot"

Nah dawg.

++++

Page 2:

I made an off-handed remark about "Won't you be my neighbor" with Mr. Rogers giving the middle finger.

Long Con said "Also, yeah, neighbourize me bro!"

I didn't think much of that at the time, but now I want to call attention to it.

One of LC's most recent posts is "Wait, does everyone but me have a power role?"

Comparing these two posts, it seems likely that LC wanted me to use my "neighborizing" power on him in case I actually had such a thing.

I'm just noting that here. I'll see if it means anything more.

++++

chardonnary said:

"dont think epi is scummy btw, i forgot to mention that in my catch up quote post. Dont really have a read there yet."

I don't know why this part of that post exists.

I know this is Alison now, but I'm including this here even if chardonnay can't answer for it.

++++

I have a positive impression of Scirrus despite the Marmot vote. I could be more specific if anybody likes but I want to move on.

++++

Page 3:

JJJ got flustered when Marmot said chardonnay and Scirrus had reasonable conclusions for voting him but JJJ didn't.

Does this post
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:25 pm @Marmot the way that I chose to read you was to help stick a wagon on your head. :biggrin:

I’m okay with your view of me. Can you please explain more though about why you liked the votes you received from Scirrus and Chardonnay, and how they differed from my own in your eyes?

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

Not being super engaged is fine, but this is almost aggressively nothing so far.
answer this post?
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:17 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:25 pm Gaming mechanics IS playing mafia and the attitude that mechanics are somehow separate from the “real” game is continually baffling to me
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME who was this post directed at? It looked like shading to me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:22 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 am chard and Scirrus came to reasonable conclusions with their votes for me. I townread them.
What were their conclusions about you? Did they write those conclusions into posts?
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 amJJJ is posting in a manner he previously stated was uncomfortable. Not sure if that was a joke or a real feeling. He can surely explain. His vote for me is leaves a bit to be desired. Mild annoyance, he followed chardonnay's vote despite chard being listed in his "nothing" section.
Eh? What did I say I was uncomfortable about? Are you referring to my opener thing about post count? It’s not uncomfortable to make 20 posts :goofp:

Your takes on the votes on you confuse me. I don’t think any of the three of us explained much of anything; we just threw votes down because why not.

But chardonnay and Scirrus came to reasonable “conclusions” while I “leave something to be desired”. I’m going to need you to expand if you could.

I don’t really care that chardonnay was in my “nothings”. So what.

Why was chard in your nothings is my question, and why did you follow his vote?

You started the game off with the statement that 10 posts feels like too much. Maybe it was a joke, maybe it wasn't, you tell me. Then here you are taking on a leader-like role in the game. My problem is that I don't trust your intentions. I know I'm town (and I'm vanilla, so Idc if I'm chopped today either), but I don't read your posts and see an intention to figure out if I'm town or not.

I don't have a strong reason to townread Grogu, but I will shield them for shielding me. :noble:

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 pm Civilians need to be careful with their... OUR wording too! :nicenod:

Gonna be real though, I hate to see Marmot go on Day 1 so often, and if his weird understanding of the early votes for him is the thing that cements the wagon around him, I would like to avoid that lynch. I don’t see it as a scum maneuver, just a casual confusion.

To elaborate based on my own gameplay: my first post yesterday was going to talk about how at my first superficial read I didn’t get what chardonnay was doing/saying. So I re-read his posts and I thought, yeah, this makes sense, it’s actually fine, and decided to drop it from my own post. Maybe I wouldn’t word it as his vote deriving from “reasonable conclusions” but I think this is what Marmot means... the thread char spins isn’t hard to follow. Marmot does not share that view about Jay.

[3]

You and I haven't played together in a while, but I am not a common early misyeet like I used to be. :p Actually, I've played like a dozen games in my return to mafia last year, and I don't think I've been yeeted before Day 4 even once.

That said, I'd prefer if you opted to read me for my content instead of shielding me for being a common misyeet. There's no read involved there.
++++

Poison answered Scirrus' question regarding JJJ & LC again and said the same thing. I don't know if that's significant, but it stood out to me anyway.

I positively view Poison's off-the-cuff quick responses to posts though, so there's that.

++++

fingersplints looks honest. I will never call fingersplints a civilian on the basis of that alone. It's a positive indicator and that's it.

I can't fault FS for judging me based on how she recalls me from ages ago. Remember the days when I was always bad or night killed early? And subsequently behaved badly even as a civilian? That's the era FS comes from.

Things are very, very different now. For better or worse.

++++

I love how effortlessly Marmot lied about being vanilla. XD

++++

FS asked if I believe JJJ to be fake. At the time yes, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I was the one who was mistaken about the setup, and that colored my view.

Know that 30 posts a period is not hard for mafia JJJ to handle, especially with people like me not being a constant presence. Question him. Fight him. But if in the end you agree with him, agree with him.

++++

I'm still pissed about JJJ's characterization of me as "He fucked off and left his vote on me, where it remains."

He knows Mafia is priority #12 (if that) for me. Yet he still acted like it was meaningful, as though I should devote my precious time to a game on the Internet. Those days are gone. Mafia gets the scraps, if that.

I am having a hard time reconciling that with a JJJ would might have said, "You know, Epi is busy, he's in two games, he's hosting a game, etc. etc."

Although if I'm being entirely honest with myself I probably would have shredded him over saying that shit too, so :goofp:

++++

I'm bored. Next page.

++++

Page 4:

This is where I lost my wits (sorry about that).

For proof of what I said about believing this was a heist, note that in response to Scirrus' question " Should you be something? " I said, "Yes. Alive during Night 1."

++++

I have to think more on Enrique's vote for JJJ.

++++

"Thank man! I think Epi is not evil."

I'd like to know how LC reached this conclusion despite

"all my recent Mafia time has been spent catching up on Fallout and GoC"

++++

Nannok proved to be a civilian. JJJ went off on his ass.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:47 pm Nanook made a read that I just don't like for a number of reasons:

1) I don't think the evidence in this game thread supports the "difference check" theory. Epi and I hurled crap at each other in such a caricaturized way that I frankly expected someone to call us mafia teammates. I also think that from a neutral observer, there should be space for Epi and I to both be civilians.

2) If Epi is a civilian, then I am treated like a red check (or at least super suspicious) because of that difference check -- even though it isn't justified.

3) Nanook did this on the heels of Enrique voicing suspicion of me and voting for me. If he is mafia, he has a support net for that interpretation moving into Day 2.

4) Nanook was already one of the two players I considered most worthy of being chopped, so that this came from him set me off immediately.

That all motivated my abrupt change of perspective. That kind of move is something I do a lot, often rightly but also sometimes to my own detriment (e.g. S7 SF3 at the end of Day 1). But when I am in a posture at EOD wherein I think something is wrong, I think it is my duty to do something about it -- not stubbornly park my vote. Epignosis hasn't given us a great deal of new stuff, but he did give us a role claim. I feel exactly okay about the role claim. The timing makes it hard to feel any confidence, but at the least I can place myself in a possible civilian Epignosis mindset where fuck that, here's my role seems like a more appealing move than fighting off a chop while he's trying to do family stuff.
What is Nanook's motive in the "difference check" bullshit if he's mafia?

Nobody but you was buying into it at all. Nobody else cared. You are paranoid that if I get lynched people are going to grab their pitchforks and storm your tower?

Get real. That's irrational.

++++

Page 5:

I have to pee.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:46 pm What is Nanook's motive in the "difference check" bullshit if he's mafia?

Nobody but you was buying into it at all. Nobody else cared. You are paranoid that if I get lynched people are going to grab their pitchforks and storm your tower?

Get real. That's irrational.
"Paranoid" isn't a great word for it, but yes I did think Nanook had positioned himself to shit on my head as soon as you died with a civilian flip. Recall that he'd done that right on the heels of Enrique voicing suspicion of me. Anything that makes me look shitty is beneficial to mafia, even if it doesn't necessarily serve as The One Thing that gets me murdered. It would have contributed further to an environment where people are less willing to listen to me and more inclined to question everything I say. When a civilian plays as hard as I do, that's an atmosphere any mafia team will benefit from a lot. Who gives a shit if JJJ has the game solved if he's lost his ability to influence the game as he would like to.

Clearly I was wrong about Nanook. Oh well. I frankly don't regret it. In the end we sorted two low-production slots instead of one -- Nanooks and yours (presuming your innocence).

Separately, every time you say "He knows X about me" when you assess me, you're saying something irrational. You're living in a solipsist universe when you think that way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ahem.

Page 5:

Poison says, "Wait I don't trust the people voting epi. I don't wanna lynch jay."

That was a long list at the time. Can you get more specific?

++++

SpicyTM.

++++
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 pm The one role that could have protected me after I had to claim for stupid reasons.

This is a shittiest Day 1 imaginable.

Have fun.
More evidence that I felt defeated thinking this was a heist.

++++

The rest of the page is me being a little shit.

++++

Except for JJJ's bag of mafia pairings. Fark. I need a drink if I'm going to read those.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I reread all of LC’s posts and it’s mostly jokey or following JJJ. He has not put forth any real thoughts of his own.

I’m still waiting to hear the rest of Epi’s reads/use, but based on what I have seen, I really think LC would be a good choice for today.

vote LC

thanks for the condolences. It’s been a very sad day. Just trying to keep distracted for now.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am going to pause here because I see that something is required of me. What would the people like to know exactly? I'm on page 6 (skipping JJJ's essays for now).
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:58 pm I reread all of LC’s posts and it’s mostly jokey or following JJJ. He has not put forth any real thoughts of his own.

I’m still waiting to hear the rest of Epi’s reads/use, but based on what I have seen, I really think LC would be a good choice for today.

vote LC

thanks for the condolences. It’s been a very sad day. Just trying to keep distracted for now.
Just want to acknowledge your contribution. My first attempt to read Long Con was favorable for him. Since that point he's done nothing, so I'd agree he's a candidate.

Is there a reason you choose him instead of a similar slot such as Grogu?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:02 am I am going to pause here because I see that something is required of me. What would the people like to know exactly? I'm on page 6 (skipping JJJ's essays for now).
I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:06 am
fingersplints wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:58 pm I reread all of LC’s posts and it’s mostly jokey or following JJJ. He has not put forth any real thoughts of his own.

vote LC

Just want to acknowledge your contribution. My first attempt to read Long Con was favorable for him. Since that point he's done nothing, so I'd agree he's a candidate.

Is there a reason you choose him instead of a similar slot such as Grogu?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:02 am I am going to pause here because I see that something is required of me. What would the people like to know exactly? I'm on page 6 (skipping JJJ's essays for now).
I'm not sure what you're referring to.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:59 pm With 10 players alive, a 3-player mafia team would present us with only one more opportunity for a mistake (7 vs. 3 becomes 5 vs. 3 if a night kill occurs, where we might not chop anyone). Two mafia with or without independents would likely be less brutal. I suggest we play as though it's the worst-case scenario.

[3]

vote LC

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

The suspected missing mafia kill
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oh. I have that on page 7. I'm not sure you can answer that, Epignosis (maybe you can). We've reason to think the mafia kill failed given that Scirrus claimed to vigilante-kill Marmot, and you were at least one reasonable target for a mafia kill. If you were protected then that makes reading you essentially irrelevant, at least from the standpoint of mafia-vs-civilian.

We may or may not hear more. I am not going to rush or pressure any power roles with an explanation. A roleblock might serve as a "red check" though, so don't be too frugal, whoever, if that's you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:09 am The suspected missing mafia kill
Didn't Marmot die?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:12 am Oh. I have that on page 7. I'm not sure you can answer that, Epignosis (maybe you can). We've reason to think the mafia kill failed given that Scirrus claimed to vigilante-kill Marmot, and you were at least one reasonable target for a mafia kill. If you were protected then that makes reading you essentially irrelevant, at least from the standpoint of mafia-vs-civilian.

We may or may not hear more. I am not going to rush or pressure any power roles with an explanation. A roleblock might serve as a "red check" though, so don't be too frugal, whoever, if that's you.
I have nothing to hide.

I took Alison's bait.
Alison wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:16 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:09 pm Kids are getting snacks.

Role claiming legal.

So fuck it. You all did this to yourselves.

I am the civilian jack of all trades.

One shot block.
One shot protect.
One shot vote strip.

Good job, good luck.

At least mafia will kill me and I can stop punishing myself.

At least use this time to actually lynch a mafia a member and not a civilian who doesn't post until late evening anymore (and JJJ knows this shit, as do others).
one shot protect? great. I'm the cop. protect me for a free win.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:12 am Oh. I have that on page 7. I'm not sure you can answer that, Epignosis (maybe you can). We've reason to think the mafia kill failed given that Scirrus claimed to vigilante-kill Marmot, and you were at least one reasonable target for a mafia kill. If you were protected then that makes reading you essentially irrelevant, at least from the standpoint of mafia-vs-civilian.

What does “red check” mean?
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:15 am

What does “red check” mean?
Save your post JJJ.

It means "I caught you. You are bad."
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ok, well I think we have reached the stage of “role claim/info in the thread” that I am unsure/uncomfortable with because I am not used to this. But I also have nothing to hide

So, I blocked LC
Gro-oo-ovy
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

I’m having trouble focusing but these are where my reads feel right now:

Towniest: Enrique, Epignosis, JJJ

These three seem the most interested in advancing the game and their emotions/reactions to events so far strike me as the most authentic. If one of them is fooling me I feel like it’s JJJ because I have been following most of thoughts and agreeing with a lot, which is probably giving me a bias for him even though his reads on Nook/Marmot were wrong (as were mine, I’m not trying to sound like a hypocrite, but it is what it is)

Seem on the townier side but I could use more:

Fingersplints - Kinda share her mistrust in LC. Would like to hear more of her reads. I like that she isn’t shading me for my vig claim? That’s such a biased take from me but yeah.

Poison - Need to review her posts but felt more good about them than bad initially.

Most Iffy:

Alison (chardonnay) - Most of her reads lacked the explanation that I usually see from Alison. With Marmot’s flip I know that both her main suspects D1 were town, which is NAGL. At this point I wouldn’t mind yeeting her. I do want to see more from her though.

Long Con - The more the game goes on without him making any impact or saying anything to progress the game the worse I feel about him.

Grogu - Nothing there really. Defense of Marmot TMI or just fucking around? I don’t know

reywaS - Same
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:19 am Ok, well I think we have reached the stage of “role claim/info in the thread” that I am unsure/uncomfortable with because I am not used to this. But I also have nothing to hide

So, I blocked LC
So either LC's kill failed or a kill on Alison failed.

Given that Alison publicly requested my protection, I'm more inclined to believe your role intercepted the kill.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okay. The kill was [likely] stopped either by Epignosis protecting Alison or fingerplints blocking Long Con. Plausibly both. It's not completely conclusive, but it's something to log against Long Con. Even the possibility renders him more likely mafia than others in a vacuum.

Epi's point is also sound. Alison projected a protection that Epignosis had already claimed to have available, so that'd be a rather blind kill choice.

I wish I had anything to say about potential teammates. His place in this game has been [to exist]. Every cell in my chart for LC was yellow, so that's worthless. He does fit with any other POE suspect on the same token, so whatever.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Grogu is a teammate. I suspect Grogu independently of LC.

Return to “Previous Rackets”