falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 113

Re: Fleabag Mafia d5

Post by falcon45ca »

:martini: :martini:
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:20 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:16 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:53 pm If G-Man and ilario are the final two mafia, falcon might end up with a perfect voting record.
Don't jinx it!

:charlieblackmon:
:martini:
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 381
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[VOTE: G-Man] aubergine

Let's make this a (symbolically) competitive chop.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

A rules clarification:

If sleep wins the vote, the poison is optional.

If someone is TKed, the poison is compulsive.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ok, sleep is probably pointless then.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 446
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:07 pm Ok, sleep is probably pointless then.
Well, that just confirmed what you already know (that I'm town).

LOL
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

If sleep renders poison optional, then I'm playing it to a draw if Ilario flips town.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 76

Post by G-Man »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:14 pm @G-Man when you get a moment, could you talk about your Johanna suspicion?

G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:04 pm 'Threading the needle' is still an apt description for Johanna's ISO in my eyes. She has been very steady and consistent, but never aggressive. She reads, thinks, and responds. She seems to have a dry, cheeky sense of humor, which matches the subdued tone of he game-related content. I said before that I would like to see her rock the boat a little, but that doesn't seem to be her M.O. here. Her on-point content suits me better than a few other folks, but she still feels a little too at-the-radar for me to embrace her as a full townread.

I notice that she consistently ends up in or near the bottom of your POE, but this is the only post I've found in your ISO which actually talks about her (with the exception of your full player readlist, but that says the same thing).

There's a newness factor to Johanna that plays a role in my hesitancy to give her a full town read. Her tone is just so even and mild that it's almost a little off-putting. It's as if she exists in a kind of 'uncanny valley' for civvie behavior in my mind. The act that she is very new to me must play a role in that, but there's also NAA giving off Mac vibes, so I won't be able to sort that out until postgame. I know there was at least one of our baddies whose interactions with her (or her interactions with them) seem out of bounds for a teammate, so I will try to find that as well.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Okay let me clear some things:

I was busy with irl duties and assignments for majority of yesterday day phase, I also had committed to a team game earlier and it was my day to play so what little time I had to spare was spent there. I intended to come back for the second half of day 4 in order to make up for my absence but then the day ended early which is something that almost never happen on MU so I wasn’t expecting that.

I’m not new to forum mafia, and I’m a good wolf. I’ve tricked spf the last 3 times I wolfed against her and JJJ townread me confidently the only time I ever wolfed against him. I’m not posting this to brag or anything but to assert that I’m no fool when it comes to mafia. If I see soa get voted out the previous day for not playing enough, then I don’t ever decide to follow suit the next day by 0 posting as his partner and getting into the same predicament he did. I also wouldn’t so obviously align myself with my partner like the way that I’ve interacted with soa this game. There is a lot of focus on how I read soa this game which I feel like is being blown out of proportion. Sure the read was wrong, but it was a day 1 read and it was a read that I started to reconsider as the game went on. Spf is a confirmed town and she also trd soa, dizzy who I’m very confident is town also trd soa.

Acknowledging my error on soa is fine and I’m okay with being held accountable for it but i feel as though the good I have done this game shouldn’t be ignored. I got one read wrong on d1 but all my other reads seemed to be good, I trd spf and jjj immediately. Sloonei soon followed. I found dizzy as town and then towards the end of the day suspicion was building on marmot and I towncased him and defended him when slots like sloonei were pressuring him. In a world where dizzy and marmot are town, that’s 5 townies I helped find and solidify a core with initially.

I was also quick to find NAA and Johanna as towny on d2 and I think at most, there would be 1 mafia in between them, if none. So again, I would argue that’s another point in my favour.

So where I’m at now is that I can agree that that gman is very likely to be a hit, that’s something I’ve felt for a while now.

I don’t intend to spend much other time than this post to talk about myself. I feel as though there will be an inclination to follow jjjs reads, which is understandable, he’s a good player that put in significant effort into the game and if I were anyone else other than the person he accused I would probably consider following his solve myself. I also don’t think falcon is mafia, after seeing a few flips and having time to think I don’t feel like falcon makes sense as mafia to me this game. There was a point in d1, where sig was being voted and I recall soa trying to rally people into voting falcon. It doesn’t not make sense for soa to bus a teammate in that scenario where wolves had a free town miselim lined up with sig.

I feel confident in dizzy and falcon both being town. I intend to spend the rest of the day combing through to make sure nobody else that I initially townread had been miscleared so that I can Atleast leave town with a legacy solve in the instance I ever get voted.

On a side note: a part of me still doesn’t believe that tsp is fruit vendor and I keep getting the paranoia that someone like NAA is trying to do some kind of tricky play where they hide as fruit vendor thinking that tsp is a Vt covering for them. Tsp just isn’t playing the game like a clear would, he barely has any thread presence and doesn’t assert himself into the game, nor do I see any drive to solve from him. I Believe his claim so little that I even went back to check my inbox to see if that maybe I was a fruit vendor who didn’t notice, and I suggest others do the same.

Also a PS to dizzy: I get that you may feel peer pressured to be suspicious of me and that’s fine. I still think ur town but if u fos me that’s cool and understandable, regardless the outcome of this game I meant everything I said and I think ur hilarious and just great to be around, hopefully we can town again in the future.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

I had that all pretyped before I saw the poison today and couldn’t be bothered changing it

But I’m glad to know the tsp tinfoil is wrong
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

All I ask is you don’t quick hammer today
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Give me the full day to solve and then u can vote me Idm
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

ilario wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:34 pm I was busy with irl duties and assignments for majority of yesterday day phase, I also had committed to a team game earlier and it was my day to play so what little time I had to spare was spent there. I intended to come back for the second half of day 4 in order to make up for my absence but then the day ended early which is something that almost never happen on MU so I wasn’t expecting that.
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:34 pm If I see soa get voted out the previous day for not playing enough, then I don’t ever decide to follow suit the next day by 0 posting as his partner and getting into the same predicament he did.
I actually think this post is somewhat towny (I won't give my reasons), and the angleshoot is nice too... But yeah, this quoted part is kind of funny.

The biggest thing I get out of this post is that you want your mafia play to be respected, and not get voted out for something silly/IRL, which I waffle on a bit, is this something you would feel equally as town and mafia.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Ilario was actually doing really well if mafia and had limited people scum reading him... Likely not enough to get him killed.

Inactivity, out of his control, into a bad situation might be frustrating.

I await the solve with much anticipation @ilario
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:35 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:33 pm I don't think we yeet ilario immediately. I think we should at least give him a chance to show up and defend himself (or spew his final partner)
Yeah, he's been impeded from posting the last couple days due to quick hammers, I feel bad as well.
Why did you say this when you were opening the day asking for a quick hammer on me?
ilario
Racketeer

Re: Fleabag Mafia d3

Post by ilario »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:51 pm Day 1 Votes

sig (6) --- Lime Coke #505, JaggedJimmyJay #739, Sloonei #922, ilario #964, staypositivefriend #965, Dyslexicon #975

G-Man (2) --- TonyStarkPrime #864, NotAnAxehole [???]

TonyStarkPrime (1) --- Marmot #693

NotAnAxehole (1) --- Dolby #874

ilario (1) --- falcon #925

falcon (1) --- Son of Anarch #942

Dyslexicon (1) --- sig #973

No Vote --- G-Man, Johanna

Day 2 Votes

Lime Coke (7) --- ilario #1371, Sloonei #2012, TonyStarkPrime #2052, JaggedJimmyJay #2059, NotAnxehole #2269, Dyslexicon #2284, Marmot #2296

falcon (3) --- G-Man #1902, Johanna #2103, Dolby #2241

ilario (1) --- falcon #1307

No Vote --- Lime Coke #1966, Son of Anarch, staypositivefriend

Day 3 Votes

Son of Anarch (6) --- Marmot #2779, Johanna #2789, TonyStarkPrime #2863, Dolby #2916, NotAnAxehole #2933, JaggedJimmyJay #3022

Dolby (3) --- Sloonei #2557, ilario #2892, Son of Anarch #2955

G-Man (1) --- falcon #2825

No Vote --- Dyslexicon #2992, G-Man

Day 4 Votes

Dolby (5) --- NotAnAxehole #3142, Dyslexicon #3146, falcon #3176, Marmot #3240, JaggedJimmyJay #3245

falcon (1) --- G-Man #3092

No Vote --- Dolby, ilario, Johanna, TonyStarkPrime

LOL so if I’m not misreading dizzy then the sig wagon was pure...that’s interesting
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

ilario wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:01 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:33 pm I don't think we yeet ilario immediately. I think we should at least give him a chance to show up and defend himself (or spew his final partner)
Yeah, he's been impeded from posting the last couple days due to quick hammers, I feel bad as well.
Why did you say this when you were opening the day asking for a quick hammer on me?
Coz I'm a dikc
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:34 pm I was busy with irl duties and assignments for majority of yesterday day phase, I also had committed to a team game earlier and it was my day to play so what little time I had to spare was spent there. I intended to come back for the second half of day 4 in order to make up for my absence but then the day ended early which is something that almost never happen on MU so I wasn’t expecting that.
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:34 pm If I see soa get voted out the previous day for not playing enough, then I don’t ever decide to follow suit the next day by 0 posting as his partner and getting into the same predicament he did.
I actually think this post is somewhat towny (I won't give my reasons), and the angleshoot is nice too... But yeah, this quoted part is kind of funny.

The biggest thing I get out of this post is that you want your mafia play to be respected, and not get voted out for something silly/IRL, which I waffle on a bit, is this something you would feel equally as town and mafia.
“ is this something you would feel equally as town and mafia.”

Ummmm I think I probably would? Idk I really don’t think I’d get in this situation toon to begin with as mafia because I consider myself to be a team player and if I 0 posted as scum I’d be letting the team down. As town I’m more likely to 0 post because I can usually towntell my way out of most sticky situations and if worst comes to worst I can use the info I get from the people pushing me to Atleast come to a concrete solve for town to follow.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Coz I'm a dikc
So why would u feel bad then?
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

ilario wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:11 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Coz I'm a dikc
So why would u feel bad then?
I don't
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

You just said in that post I quoted that you feel bad
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

ilario wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:14 pm You just said in that post I quoted that you feel bad
Yeah, it was sarcasm.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I am legitimately interested in your solve though.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Fleabag Mafia d1

Post by G-Man »

The following selected reading focuses on Ilario's progression from concern about singling out the early no- and low- posters through adding low-posters to his POE, and eventually doubling down on low posters as the most viable options. What you will also find is a complete lack of reasoning behind this progression and the low-posters in his POE. Let's begin:

Early uncertainty about no-posters, some (perhaps) telling wit, and a caution.
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:32 pm Exercise for all:

Please tell me how many mafia are contained in the set of zero posters?

[Dolby, G-Man, Johanna]
I’ll know the answer once they start posting :p
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:31 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:32 pm Exercise for all:

Please tell me how many mafia are contained in the set of zero posters?

[Dolby, G-Man, Johanna]
I’ll know the answer once they start posting :p

Lol I felt so towny writing that answer out

I wonder if wolf me would have thought of that :slick:
This post hasn't aged well and looks like someone who is a little too proud of himself. It's also a little rub-your-nose-in-it in hindsight.
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:42 pm Fwiw I think it’s a dangerous road to go down if we already expect the zero posters to be scum heavy, or set an expectation that there’s a high number of scum in the zero posters. Whilst I feel good about the towncore atm the best indicator of that we are going astray would be if the zero posters come in and start towntelling. But I feel as though if we already have an arbitrary expectation that the zero posters will be scum heavy then we set ourselves to a bias and almost predispose ourselves to finding them more scummy than they actually might be once they do start speaking. I think if you approach someone with the mentality of thinking they’re likely to be scum then you’re more likely to misread them.
This caution against assuming those late to the game are bad and must therefore work even harder than everyone else to change that perception made me feel good about Ilario at one point. But this post also makes sense if a baddie is trying to convince people to cast a wider net so as to not stumble upon one of his teammates too soon.

Playing a little of the 'golly, I just do not know what to do' bit:
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:19 pm Well it’s 2am here and imma go sleep. I have class early tomorrow but I’ll probably be able to get in for a bit to put a vote down. A lot can change between now and then and rather putting an uninformed vote I’m gonna trust my vote to the triad. @Son of Anarch @Dyslexicon my vote is all yours just ping me with your thoughts sometime towards eod and I’m Happy to sheep for today.

My only person poe rn probably looks
Something like tsp/lime(sadly this might be the first time I sr you on a day 1 like ever so I hope I’m not wrong)/maybe falcon or dolby, potentially sig?

But yeah I’d imagine a lot will change from now till eod so imma ride it out with the triad.
Fascinating that Ilario is willing to sheep his vote so soon off to a baddie and a largely townread player. Dolby is first mentioned directly in Ilario's ISO here as a pretty far-down-the-line option.
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:38 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:35 am I’m pretty sure sloonei is mafia because he keeps pushing the weirdest angles
Which angles would you like to push?
Lc, jjj, you, Dolby maybe (?), tsp if he’s not the watcher,

I would like to see you grill jjj harder
I just met you,
This is crazy!
Here's player salad,
So Dolby maybe (?)

Check those time stamps...
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:06 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:01 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 am You and jay mostly slid just because I found Johanna and NAA to be very towny today. At which point I reached a threshold of having too many townreads. At that point I asked myself who am I more likely to be misreading. On one hand I have players such as Johanna, naa, soa who seem relatively new to FM. On the other hand I have seasoned vets with a decade worth of experience who were are commanding voices in the game that’s leading us to a poe that I don’t feel all to comfortable with. At that point I figured it’s likely that I’m misreading someone in the latter.
That is not an unfair thought process. But I am town, and I am confident at the present that Jay is too.

I will not ask you to adopt a town read on either of if it is not what you feel in your heart. But I think, rather than dealing in accusations, we talk about that aforementioned POE. You say you have not felt comfortable with the direction it has been going. Excluding Jay and myself (for the sake of this mental exercise), what other changes would you make?

Well what’s the current poe looking like fypov ? I’ll tell you what I’ll add in fmpov
I am specifically asking about what you perceived the POE to be at the time that you decided you were uncomfortable with. At the moment you began to distrust SloonJay, what specifically was the source of that distrust?
I perceived the poe to be mostly the low posters/some combination of gman/dolby/marmot/Johanna/naa
This post is explaining Ilario's distrust of Sloonei. Reading the whole thing shows Ilario to be a little cagey in giving Sloonei a direct answer. Sloonei presses for more and gets an answer. Ilario's sus of Sloonei and JJJ were due to Ilario's perception that their POE was just attacking low-posters. But why? We never get into the why. At this point Ilario must still find Sloonei and JJJ suspicious for their POE, but in the next post...
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:12 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:11 pm I perceived the poe to be mostly the low posters/some combination of gman/dolby/marmot/Johanna/naa
How would you rank those players?
I would rank the Johanna and naa pretty highly

I thought marmot was town yesterday, if u and jjj are both town and If I am misreading someone then it’s probably marmot

Gman/Dolby id be shocked if there isn’t Atleast one scum in that pair
...Ilario suddenly has Dolby and myself at the bottom of the barrel. So should he really still be leery of JJJ and Sloonei's POE if he has adopted part of it as his own? Also, why Dolby or me? There is no why. Is it perhaps because Ilario realizes that he's got to start playing ball or he'll start to stand out? Pretty big shift in just a matter of minutes.

And now a continuation of reads without reasons...
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:50 pm 1-2 wolves in dolby/g-man, 1 wolf in illario/limecoke, 1-2 wolves in falcon/SoA/TSP
disagree on the last part
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 am I still maintain that soa is more villagery than the jjj/sloonei duo and I’m willing to die on that hill
This is a doozy of a double-feature. SPF was right: 1 wolf in Dolby, 1 wolf in Ilario, and at least one wolf in SOA. Ilario's comment about dying on the hill that SOA was more towny than JJJ and Sloonei was hyperbole that is meant to put a rational amount of distance between him and SOA, but I think he needs to make good on it now that JJJ and Sloonei are both confirmed town. Ilario had already adopted the pairing of me and Dolby, so it's convenient that he was able to agree on that third of SPF's solve. Plus the added bonus of nailing the second third. These two posts reek of TMI.
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:15 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 am
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 am @ilario -

when you get the chance, could you please discuss your read on lime coke in more detail? it is true that you briefly engaged with lime coke about your concerns, (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 18#p855818), accepted lime coke's explanation, (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 33#p855833), and then brought up the exact same concern a dayphase later. is there anything else about lime coke that you find especially concerning?

the question here, i think, is whether or not it's wolfy for ilario to wolfread lime coke with that specific reasoning. given that:

A. illario had a pretty gradual build-up of suspicion of lime coke throughout his ISO

B. illario made other posts that implied his issues with lime coke extended beyond: "i don't like he outed his read on me" (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 727#p85572)

C. illario tends to read other players based on how they are reading him

i do not think that his read on lime coke is inherently wolfy. it fits with whatever conception i have of what an "illario wolfread" looks like. i find it believable that the read could come from ilario as a villager, but it would help me a lot if he was more specific about his concerns
A) the sus wasn’t build up. It was there from the beginning, I just didn’t want to express it immediately because I hate it when people gang up on lc regardless of his alignment. I wanted him to settle into the game first to avoid any potential toxicity.

B) my other reasons are not anything unique to what’s already been said. I didn’t like when he mentioned there’s slots scummier than himself as a way to defend himself, but this has already been mentioned. And his initial tr on sloonei also felt awkward to me.

I’m similar to you in that I haven’t seen that eureka moment where lcs towniness hits me, and that usually happens fairly early when he’s town
mm okay, who would u say ur top suspicion is right now outside of lime coke?
Gman probably but that’s boring
"My other reasons are not anything unique to what's already been said." That doesn't matter. If you have reasons, you share them. Ilario never has.
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:42 am Hmmmm I think gman is the most likely to be a hit fmpov
I believe that this post came when SOA and I were pretty popular in the poll. Again, no explanation of why.
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:43 am And then afterwards I’d probably explore into falcon/Dolby
He knows that he can't push Dolby too far out of focus or it looks fishy. This post does make me ponder Falcon's status a bit more though. SOA was already under fire, while Ilario still enjoyed at least low-level townreads from enough players to keep him safe enough from the POE. With one teammate in the line of fire, and another trending down, does Ilario make his follow-up to a mischop a two-teammate combo? That's a hard upside to sell, and I need to think more on it.

And at last, some vote waffling.
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:34 pm Oh well I just voted:gman and I see that my top towns and sloonei are on Dolby, if y’all want me to change lmk
Why? Why did you vote G-Man? Because you want to try to save both of your teammates? Notice the willingness to sheep the votes of others.

ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:13 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:01 pm I prefer Dolby over G-Man over SOA. Like, it may matter a lot, but it also may not matter at all.
okayyyyy i trust ur judgement

vote:dolby
He realizes that he can't save both of his teammates today, so he sticks with the one that he had little choice else but to include in his POE. But again, :overreact:

Ilario entered the game well and used that entrance and a triad that was a little too accepting of what would normally be Day 0 happy-go-lucky vibes to leverage his way into a low- to mid-level town read. Throughout the game, Ilario has been reluctant to offer reasons for his POE and his votes. He's been sheeping off the vibes, trends, and POEs of the thread without being called out on it. Until now. Hiding behind the excuse of "my other reasons are not anything unique to what's already been said," is cover for "I don't have reasons and don't want to fabricate any if I don't have to."

I don't know what Ilario thinks about anyone or anything in this game. I think that is because he doesn't want so stitch together a series of lies and have it picked apart. Please, by all means- go back through his ISO and prove me wrong. Find his original concrete thoughts on why Dolby, I, or anyone else belong in his POE. I maintain that it's not to be found.

PS- I still intend to go back through and look at others. I don't have a lock-solid solve because I need to take this one baddie at a time. I am 97% sure that I will vote for Ilario today but I don't want to give up the time afforded us to research and make gains past this chop.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

ilario wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:34 pm Okay let me clear some things:

I was busy with irl duties and assignments for majority of yesterday day phase, I also had committed to a team game earlier and it was my day to play so what little time I had to spare was spent there. I intended to come back for the second half of day 4 in order to make up for my absence but then the day ended early which is something that almost never happen on MU so I wasn’t expecting that.

I’m not new to forum mafia, and I’m a good wolf. I’ve tricked spf the last 3 times I wolfed against her and JJJ townread me confidently the only time I ever wolfed against him. I’m not posting this to brag or anything but to assert that I’m no fool when it comes to mafia. If I see soa get voted out the previous day for not playing enough, then I don’t ever decide to follow suit the next day by 0 posting as his partner and getting into the same predicament he did. I also wouldn’t so obviously align myself with my partner like the way that I’ve interacted with soa this game. There is a lot of focus on how I read soa this game which I feel like is being blown out of proportion. Sure the read was wrong, but it was a day 1 read and it was a read that I started to reconsider as the game went on. Spf is a confirmed town and she also trd soa, dizzy who I’m very confident is town also trd soa.

Acknowledging my error on soa is fine and I’m okay with being held accountable for it but i feel as though the good I have done this game shouldn’t be ignored. I got one read wrong on d1 but all my other reads seemed to be good, I trd spf and jjj immediately. Sloonei soon followed. I found dizzy as town and then towards the end of the day suspicion was building on marmot and I towncased him and defended him when slots like sloonei were pressuring him. In a world where dizzy and marmot are town, that’s 5 townies I helped find and solidify a core with initially.

I was also quick to find NAA and Johanna as towny on d2 and I think at most, there would be 1 mafia in between them, if none. So again, I would argue that’s another point in my favour.

So where I’m at now is that I can agree that that gman is very likely to be a hit, that’s something I’ve felt for a while now.

I don’t intend to spend much other time than this post to talk about myself. I feel as though there will be an inclination to follow jjjs reads, which is understandable, he’s a good player that put in significant effort into the game and if I were anyone else other than the person he accused I would probably consider following his solve myself. I also don’t think falcon is mafia, after seeing a few flips and having time to think I don’t feel like falcon makes sense as mafia to me this game. There was a point in d1, where sig was being voted and I recall soa trying to rally people into voting falcon. It doesn’t not make sense for soa to bus a teammate in that scenario where wolves had a free town miselim lined up with sig.

I feel confident in dizzy and falcon both being town. I intend to spend the rest of the day combing through to make sure nobody else that I initially townread had been miscleared so that I can Atleast leave town with a legacy solve in the instance I ever get voted.

On a side note: a part of me still doesn’t believe that tsp is fruit vendor and I keep getting the paranoia that someone like NAA is trying to do some kind of tricky play where they hide as fruit vendor thinking that tsp is a Vt covering for them. Tsp just isn’t playing the game like a clear would, he barely has any thread presence and doesn’t assert himself into the game, nor do I see any drive to solve from him. I Believe his claim so little that I even went back to check my inbox to see if that maybe I was a fruit vendor who didn’t notice, and I suggest others do the same.

Also a PS to dizzy: I get that you may feel peer pressured to be suspicious of me and that’s fine. I still think ur town but if u fos me that’s cool and understandable, regardless the outcome of this game I meant everything I said and I think ur hilarious and just great to be around, hopefully we can town again in the future.
That RL sometimes dumps a wagonload of crap in our laps is understandable. I have a long list of unfortunate events to share once this game is over. But we can't hide behind it or use it as an excuse at this point.

You just soft cleared four of the seven remaining players not named Ilario in your post up there. The three you didn't soft clear are me, Marmot, and TSP. If, as you say, TSP is faking a fruit vendor claim, then you seem to still think he's town. (He's got to be town or else we're living in the stupidest spot in the multiverse for team strategy.) You hedge and say that there COULD be a baddie between NAA and Johanna. Does that mean you look for two baddies in the pool of Johanna/Marmot/NAA tomorrow if I am mischopped today?

Also, why? We all need a lot of why from you.
My Banners:
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:40 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:34 pm Okay let me clear some things:

That RL sometimes dumps a wagonload of crap in our laps is understandable. I have a long list of unfortunate events to share once this game is over. But we can't hide behind it or use it as an excuse at this point.

You just soft cleared four of the seven remaining players not named Ilario in your post up there. The three you didn't soft clear are me, Marmot, and TSP. If, as you say, TSP is faking a fruit vendor claim, then you seem to still think he's town. (He's got to be town or else we're living in the stupidest spot in the multiverse for team strategy.) You hedge and say that there COULD be a baddie between NAA and Johanna. Does that mean you look for two baddies in the pool of Johanna/Marmot/NAA tomorrow if I am mischopped today?

Also, why? We all need a lot of why from you.
i havent cleared naa or johanna yet

im starting from ground 0 with falcon and dizzy being town as a framework for now.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You towncased me on Day 2 when Sloonei wanted my head, did you change your mind ilario? :goofp:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Marmot wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:08 am You towncased me on Day 2 when Sloonei wanted my head, did you change your mind ilario? :goofp:
not yet, i think as a wolf u would probably prioritize voting me over gman today.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 554

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hi, Ilario. Please tell me and show me that you're town and that I'm not crazy
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 554

Post by Dyslexicon »

Probably doesn't matter, but moved my vote for now. I'm off to work.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Actually, just to make sure I have all bases covered I’ll cover fizzy too

@Dyslexicon can you talk me through your reads rn and your thought process behind your actions this game? I was a bit surprised when I saw you vote me today without waiting to here my thoughts first
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dizzy *
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:38 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 pm Oh and by the way, I was kinda thinkin' about this earlier.

Isn't it better for the fruit vendor to claim right away? Basically an IC, yeah? Could have me (the watcher) go on 'em too. I know it's delayed mechanics and all, but still useful as long as I'm not killed.

And for everyone's efforts on this page, I'm gonna slap a small townread on all of you good folk right away. I'm warning ya though, my mind changes easily, but gettin' good vibes from this crowd. I like Jimmy's idea too, about Stayposi being naturally on guard about his early buddy-buddy with her. He seems like a good player, so I think her being naturally curious about all of that is pretty nice as far as ground zero reads go.
Hi, Son. Hope I can call you Son, cause I think that's kind of funny.

I just wanted to tell you that I'm currently single and looking to mingle. And I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me? It would entail peace and love and good things, and us never voting each other this game. You are town, and I am town. Let me know kk *squeaks and runs*

This is one dizzys first game related posts of the game, it would be quite brazen for him to open like this talking to a partner, my first thoughts is that it’s not w/w
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:35 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:45 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:45 am i have a highly specific thought about limecoke that is looking increasingly likely to be true the longer that this game goes on
No, take that back. :charlieblackmon:
I will protect you, my love. Just swear your unending devotion and admiration. <3
Also dizzy can you talk me through your progression on LC, you wanted to protect him early game but if my memory serves me correct you didn’t provide that much opposition to him being voted out on d2, was there a particular reason why your stance changed?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:47 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:39 pm Everyone reads SPF town. So maybe I should just read SPF town. It's very much possible she is just town.
I wouldn’t sponge my spf read this early fwiw

I tend to overplay my confidence in my early reads

My only tr that I genuinely believe is very unlikely to be mafia is soa

I’d say with the others im varying between 50-70% in confidence
I mean, that doesn't help lol. But yes, early reads be early reads. I have had a tendency to be overly critical of players I'm afraid are mafia, and I'm actively trying not to do that in this game, since I've noticed this trend when playing with people like Jimmay and spf. Employing a strategy of "good enough for now anyway" is probably ok in this game, as it feels to me now. If that makes sense.
What made you Want to change your approach for this game specifically?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:02 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:01 pm Also that SPF sleuthin' post on sig was so mind blowy I don't even know where my brain is at, like I could barely comprehend it, but it sounded right

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

Reminder that I'm pea-brained
Hey, I want cred for this too. I caught it immediately, I just wasn't all flashy about it, cause I wanted to lure more out of him lol
I don’t think this is somehting dizzy says if he has tmi that sig is town
Johanna
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Johanna »

Hi, good morning. Ilario, what is your wolf team?
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

By which I mean, what's your 2-3 player PoE.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Johanna wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:55 am Hi, good morning. Ilario, what is your wolf team?
morning :) , im reading the game from scratch, ill answer when i catch up. whats ur poe and why?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:10 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:29 pm Sig's defensive reaction ain't good... Kinda yikes if ya ask me.
Redundant. If it ain't good, you don't need to also tell us it's yikes.

Why do I feel you're trying to sell me something?
This is probably not w/w
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

At this point, kind of invested in the JJJ legacy. One he made some persuasive arguments and right now we're 2 for 2.

Most importantly, it is a PoE that tracks fairly well with my current perception of the least townie players. I'm not certain that it is perfect, but we do have the 1 mischop still, and I feel good about our odds.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Johanna wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:05 am At this point, kind of invested in the JJJ legacy. One he made some persuasive arguments and right now we're 2 for 2.

Most importantly, it is a PoE that tracks fairly well with my current perception of the least townie players. I'm not certain that it is perfect, but we do have the 1 mischop still, and I feel good about our odds.
Who are the least towny players and why do you feel like they are the least towny.

Similarly can you talk me through your top most towny players and why you feel they are the most towny
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

What is everyone’s thoughts on @Marmot, I have a personal bias in wanting to think he’s town because of my early defense of him and the fact that he isn’t voting me right now.

However one thing that I have been wondering is why spf was the first member of the triad to be targeted. She was the person who spearheaded the case on sig, which if anything would make her look suspicious. Furthermore JJJ was one of the only people townreading LC and he was one of the few to express suspicion on soa. Furthermore this is homesite which probably means mafia would be more likely to fear his influence over spfs.

Now the obvious answer to everyone is that ilario did it because she might catch him. That reasoning doesn’t work because I know I’m town and also, that’s not how I think as mafia. So one thing I’ve been looking for as I catch up is why was spf the first to be targeted.

Uptil now I wasn’t able to form any working hypothesis that makes sense, until I came across these posts towards end of day 1. This isn’t anything damning, but it did raise my eyebrows.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:03 am jaggedjimmyjay
sloonei
dyslexicon
sonofanarch
illario
lime coke
notanaxehole
dolby
johanna
g-man
falcon
TSP
marmot
sig

rough snapshot of where my brain is at. i feel good about jagged/sloonei/dizzy/sonofanarch being villagers, and in a world where there is a wolf within these names, i believe that it would only be one. i townread limecoke/illario as well - i think that limecoke has consistently gotten more and more villagery as the day has gone on, and i think that illario has been villagery from the moment the game started - the only reason he isn't in my "confident town" tier is because i know how strong his wolf game is, and how bad i can be at reading him lol

falcon has made no impression on me so far. TSP is mildly wolfy solely because his posts don't make sense to me.

marmot is low in my list because as much as i love the GIF in https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 76#p855876, i think the way marmot talks about TSP feels overly hedgy/cautious. sig is low in my list for obvious reasons

i do not think this is The Solve, and looking at this list more, i actually suspect i'm misreading someone in my list of towns (perhaps i should be taking a closer look at my read on Son Of Anarch - i wrote him off as town almost immediately when i have no idea what his range is like or how competent of a wolf he is), but i think it's a good enough place to start. current feeling is that there's a wolf or two in the bottom 4 names and then another wolf or two in the zero posters, and then one final wolf in the upper tier. that might an overtly convoluted way to explain my reads, but it's just how i'm looking at the game rn

AMA
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:09 am if this was the EOD my vote would be on sig right now, but in the name of having competing wagons:

[VOTE: marmot] aubergine

These are the posts I refer to, spf has marmot second lowest in her list and even votes him after.

I do recall jjj and others having marmot as a confident tr when they died, so maybe I’m reading too much into this, but for now I’m just gonna note this and move on
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

Yeah that's not a very persuasive argument, sadly.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

ilario wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:08 am
Johanna wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:05 am At this point, kind of invested in the JJJ legacy. One he made some persuasive arguments and right now we're 2 for 2.

Who are the least towny players and why do you feel like they are the least towny.

Similarly can you talk me through your top most towny players and why you feel they are the most towny
@Johanna can you answer this for me ty
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

At this point it's about the feeling and the progression because I have not ISO'd anyone.

As I've voiced repeatedly when you've interacted with me I've felt pocket paranoia, so I've held off on putting you very high on my list, and I pointed at the possibility of paired wolves in one of the triads and maybe it is confirmation bias but I think there's a solid case that you haven't made much impact nor a big contribution despite your cheery towniness.

I already remarked on the interesting points about G-Man elsewhere, chiefly concerning his initial reads list and his subsequent fixation of falcon even as falcon slipped further from the PoE.

I just don't think I have anything to suspect anyone else over, really, except the points argued in previous days about falcon's low activity and easily reproducible M.O., but at this point I do not think falcon could be in a team with either of SoA or Dolby.

I mean it could be Dizzy, sure, being here all hype so they can blend in and fly under the radar, or some 3D chess moves by NAA who decided to antagonise most of the town for no reason and paid off.

TSP is our daily IC and Marmot has just been townsiding harder than I think possible for a wolf? Or maybe that's just me.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Johanna wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:13 am At this point it's about the feeling and the progression because I have not ISO'd anyone.

As I've voiced repeatedly when you've interacted with me I've felt pocket paranoia, so I've held off on putting you very high on my list, and I pointed at the possibility of paired wolves in one of the triads and maybe it is confirmation bias but I think there's a solid case that you haven't made much impact nor a big contribution despite your cheery towniness.

I already remarked on the interesting points about G-Man elsewhere, chiefly concerning his initial reads list and his subsequent fixation of falcon even as falcon slipped further from the PoE.

I just don't think I have anything to suspect anyone else over, really, except the points argued in previous days about falcon's low activity and easily reproducible M.O., but at this point I do not think falcon could be in a team with either of SoA or Dolby.

I mean it could be Dizzy, sure, being here all hype so they can blend in and fly under the radar, or some 3D chess moves by NAA who decided to antagonise most of the town for no reason and paid off.

TSP is our daily IC and Marmot has just been townsiding harder than I think possible for a wolf? Or maybe that's just me.
“but I think there's a solid case that you haven't made much impact nor a big contribution despite your cheery towniness.”

I’m not sure what to make of this. I can make the argument that nobody other than JJJ made a “big” impact in the effort to hunt down wolves, do you disagree with me on that? how do you draw a conclusion off my alignment from my level of impact vs other slots who I can argue were even lower impact?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

You haven’t read isos you say, nor do I remember you being the one to pull the cord on any wolves, or casing any townies. Is it fair for me to assume that makes you mafia if we’re equivocating impact to alignment?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Marmot wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:10 am I'm not sold on a Dolby TR yet. I've been trying to explain that my SR of Sloonei was a joke, but he still maintains that I was serious, and that he TR's me for it. Reason being, I expect scum to lock themselves into reads more, and I expect townies to be more fluid.
good look for marmot here after JJJ had trd dobby
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

ilario wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:31 am You haven’t read isos you say, nor do I remember you being the one to pull the cord on any wolves, or casing any townies. Is it fair for me to assume that makes you mafia if we’re equivocating impact to alignment?
I did quite insist on suspecting SoA, and two days ago for chopping the over Dolby, not that that really had an impact seeing as both were wolves.

Other than that, I should think we've both been comparatively lackluster.

Return to “Previous Heists”