Total votes: 11
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Fleabag Mafia d3

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do falcon45ca and G-Man fit together as mafia teammates?

From falcon45ca

Spoiler: show
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:24 pm Dolby - I tend to jump quickly on top of things that I don't like in game play, like his "haven't been able to catch up", and I'm wrong far more often than I'm right.

Dyslexicon - Has pushed the game forward and isn't afraid to engage and discuss with players.

G-Man - I can't actually think of much, other than being a low poster doesn't necessarily make one Maf

[etc continue trustfall...]
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 pm I'd actually put Dizzy in over SOA.

Ilario, Dolby, Dizzy, G-Man is my POE atm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:52 am
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:43 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:28 am
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:36 pm JJJ, Ilario, Dolby, SOA

That's a good POE
If I'm not mistaken, you're vote has been off main wagons on both days now. How are you going to impact the game to a town win? Right now Dolby and SOA have wagons on them, so if you were to choose one of them, which one would you vote?
I vote for the players I think are scum. How am I supposed to know how I'm going to impact the game for a town win? That's a strange question. What's your answer to that question for yourself?

Between Dolby and SOA, I'd like to pull a move I've recently seen from @Master Radishes tie em' up and let it rand.
Ties are determined by the mafia, per our host. No ties, thank you very much.

Why don’t you (or anyone else posting since apparently) remember this from the rules?
Cuz' I rarely read the rules. I'm more of a shoot from the hip kinda player
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:57 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:33 pm Traipsing around Dolby's ISO, I still see the slightly-punchy logic-based content that won me over here and there, but I'm also seeing that he finds ways to go really soft on just about everyone in the game. He's countered some assertions and suspicions and objected to a few players for things, but those pokes, prods, and punches never turn into any firm suspicions. It looks more like coasting from 10,000 feet.
Nice alliteration.

[VOTE: Gman] aubergine

Too much gussyin' up his words. It just doesn't feel natural
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:08 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:05 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:33 pm Traipsing around Dolby's ISO, I still see the slightly-punchy logic-based content that won me over here and there, but I'm also seeing that he finds ways to go really soft on just about everyone in the game. He's countered some assertions and suspicions and objected to a few players for things, but those pokes, prods, and punches never turn into any firm suspicions. It looks more like coasting from 10,000 feet.
Nice alliteration.

This is (checks ISO), pretty much the most you've said about me all game. Are you all-around allergic to alliteration? Or are you just searching for something to support the saving of your skin?

This isn't much, but perhaps the last exchange can be illuminating. Take it with a grain of salt since we're well into the distancing period. Nonetheless, G-Man literally said falcon hadn't said anything about him prior to the vote. Quite true. As I type this I find my ability to care draining in real time. This stuff isn't very meaningful.

From G-Man

G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:44 pmFALCON
-323: I concur about pingy
-354: scum reads with no meat
-363: agreed
-590: disagree- they gotta try to talk the talk and walk the walk or they stand out
-987: I disagree
G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 pmFALCON
Looking back through just his ISO now reinforces the fact that his posts failed to make much of an impression on me. There's a lot of retorts, musings on other people's thoughts, and borderline OT randomness, but not enough original thoughts for the size of his ISO. In post #354, he offers three baddie names but with no meat behind it. I balked at this post, but in looking back on it now, perhaps this is Falcon broadcasting his own philosophy/strategy for the game? He's certainly been one to avoid making waves as far as I can tell.
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:10 am Transferring all that to solidify a 6-and-6 format, I arrive at these groupings (alphabetical order, not ranked):

TOWN:
-Dolby
-Dyslexicon
-Marmot
-NotAnAxehole
-Sloonei
-TonyStarkPrime

POE:
-Falcon
-Ilario
-JaggedJimmyJay
-Johanna
-Lime Coke
-SOA
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 am Theory time:

When I look at Lime Coke's recent evolution on Falcon...

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm Lime Coke, when you finish sharing your ketchup, it’d be super if you could give some baseline reads much like I asked from G-Man. Top town and/or mafia reads.
I'm building that up as we speak.

Dizzy is top town if you want a preview.

Falcon could be mafia based on that pop in during that small CFD attempt.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:19 am There's 1 in Falcon/Illario.

But I'm leaning a lot on Illario currently.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:34 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:31 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 am SPF
TSP
Axe

Dizzy
JJJ
Sloonei

SonofAnarch
Dolby

G-Man
Marmot
Illario/Falcon (T v W combo here)

@JaggedJimmyJay

This is my list.

Clears

Strong towns

Mid tier

Scum tier.
do you mind talking a little bit about why you think illario/falcon is T v W specifically? why can't they be wolves together?

also, if illario wasn't getting chopped today, who would you wanna vote next?
Because Falcon's just planting his vote on Illario both day phases and not moving. I know both can do well with distancing but that would kinda be ridiculous? Don't you think?

Next vote is either the opposite side of that spectrum with Falcon. Seeing the sudden pop in when he had the CFD placed on him.

Or Marmot.

If Falcon is mafia Marmot is town because Falcon had that weird "Marmot being silent is deafening" post when it was only 2 hours into Day 2.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 am [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

I don't know what to think honestly.

If SPF has a better solve I'll listen.

Otherwise I'm thrown a bit for a loop.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:41 am In terms of my scumreads-

I might only have one.

Since Illario might end up being town.

Falcon has to be mafia. His fixation on Illario and voting him for 2 days straight is very awkward.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:42 pm Marmot's silence is deafening
This line from Falcon is kinda gross just based on the merit of him posting this 2 hours after the day started. Like could be timezone difference or whatever reasoning he's not going to be here at SOD every day for every game. Feels like he'd be stacking the deck in order to have his viewpoint look solid.

Last thing is the fact that the CFD wagon started on Falcon, and 2 minutes after SPF is the third vote on the wagon, Falcon appears with a post.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:44 am My issue is that literally every game I play with Falcon I end up scumreading the guy, and that's probably this playstyle difference on this site compared to other games that I normally play.

Like so many town players just look scummy by playstyle.

It makes so many of these players such a >rand flip.

...my mind considers the following:

1) Lime Coke and Falcon are teammates.

2) Lime Coke, seeing that Falcon is on enough radars, adds Falcon to his radar.

3) In short order, Lime Coke puts Falcon deep in his POE, but makes Falcon part of an either/or scenario with a civvie he thinks he can build a case on for a mischop (ilario). This would allow him to save face and go after Falcon if his preferred mischop target gets chopped first.

4) When his ilario case implodes, Lime Coke is forced to double down on his teammate Falcon and votes there.

5) He adds a little hedge at the end to give him a potential reason to not vote for Falcon at the end if it comes to that.

Is this too Mafia 101 and I should give up playing with the jumbo crayons? Or does this pass the sniff test? Poke holes in it please.

I want to look at the folks in my POE today as time allows (which it won't for the most part). This is what struck me when looking at Lime Coke. The placement of JJJ in my POE is among the softest, so I don't think I will go down that road further until the game develops more (preferably with me still in it). That leaves four more folks to consider yet.
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:22 pm
Johanna wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:02 am

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm Lime Coke, when you finish sharing your ketchup, it’d be super if you could give some baseline reads much like I asked from G-Man. Top town and/or mafia reads.

TSP
Axe

Dizzy
JJJ
Sloonei

SonofAnarch
Dolby

G-Man
Marmot

@JaggedJimmyJay

This is my list.

Clears

Strong towns

Mid tier

Scum tier.
do you mind talking a little bit about why you think illario/falcon is T v W specifically? why can't they be wolves together?

Because Falcon's just planting his vote on Illario both day phases and not moving. I know both can do well with distancing but that would kinda be ridiculous? Don't you think?

Next vote is either the opposite side of that spectrum with Falcon. Seeing the sudden pop in when he had the CFD placed on him.

Or Marmot.

If Falcon is mafia Marmot is town because Falcon had that weird "Marmot being silent is deafening" post when it was only 2 hours into Day 2.

I might only have one.

Falcon has to be mafia. His fixation on Illario and voting him for 2 days straight is very awkward.
This line from Falcon is kinda gross just based on the merit of him posting this 2 hours after the day started. Like could be timezone difference or whatever reasoning he's not going to be here at SOD every day for every game. Feels like he'd be stacking the deck in order to have his viewpoint look solid.

Last thing is the fact that the CFD wagon started on Falcon, and 2 minutes after SPF is the third vote on the wagon, Falcon appears with a post.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:44 am My issue is that literally every game I play with Falcon I end up scumreading the guy, and that's probably this playstyle difference on this site compared to other games that I normally play.

3) In short order, Lime Coke puts Falcon deep in his POE, but makes Falcon part of an either/or scenario with a civvie he thinks he can build a case on for a mischop (ilario). This would allow him to save face and go after Falcon if his preferred mischop target gets chopped first.

4) When his ilario case implodes, Lime Coke is forced to double down on his teammate Falcon and votes there.

5) He adds a little hedge at the end to give him a potential reason to not vote for Falcon at the end if it comes to that.

Is this too Mafia 101 and I should give up playing with the jumbo crayons? Or does this pass the sniff test? Poke holes in it please.

I want to look at the folks in my POE today as time allows (which it won't for the most part). This is what struck me when looking at Lime Coke. The placement of JJJ in my POE is among the softest, so I don't think I will go down that road further until the game develops more (preferably with me still in it). That leaves four more folks to consider yet.
Well yeah, this is the long version of "Lime Coke's vote on falcon could be distancing." I am very much thinking along those lines.
This goes beyond distancing though, doesn't it? What started as distancing led to a dead end that Lime Coke may be stuck with. Nothing in those posts show me any fervent desire to see Falcon dead. To me it's more of a bland, if not reluctant, acceptance of Falcon as his only option considering his progression.
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:47 pm
Johanna wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:37 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:32 am Does anyone specifically townread either Dolby or Lime Coke? Those two players seem to be consensus scumreads, or at least exist in everyone's POE's, except for each others.

Dolby has a vibe read of Lime Coke, and Lime Coke has Dolby just outside his POE.
Some people had some townread. I haven't really seen a reason to scumread them but I hope things will become a bit clearer now that he seems to have rejoined the thread.

One thing that I couldn't help but note about G-Man's list is that, also against consensus, Dolby was placed rather high up. Unless I am misremembering. These are associative pointers, I'm just not sure how to weigh them. I feel like right now Lime's D2 is the shakiest performance we have and they make a good candidate, so I'd rather start clearing the POE from there or falcon.
The placement of Dolby in my group of six townreads list was due to my lists being alphabetical. I believe I said as much when I made them.

Dolby put forth some logical posts. It's a vibey, wavelength kind of soft townread for him. One thing that I do need to go back and do during the night phase is look at Dolby's ISO and see if the logic and wavelength that appealed to me in individual posts is still there when I look at his production and progression from a macro level.

Right now I want to finish up with Falcon's ISO to see if the teammate connection I can see from Lim Coke to Falcon extends back the other way.
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:09 pm There's common ground between Falcon and Lime Coke in that they both sus ilario throughout the game so far. They reach their suspicions independently, however. Falcon latches onto ilario from the get-go because of 'cuddly' qualities. Am I to assume that they have experience together in prior games?

This looks to be the first time Falcon interacts with Lime Coke:
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:40 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:37 pm Sloonei
JJJ
SPF
Ilario
Son of Anarch
Dizzy

Any questions?
Yeah, why?
Not much, and that could cut either way as a 'not much' post.

Falcon gives a TR to Sig when the heat was mounting and ends up sticking with ilario with his vote. I called his content fluffy earlier and I stand by that. His vote on ilario feels soft too.

Here are his trustfall comments:
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:24 pm Dolby - I tend to jump quickly on top of things that I don't like in game play, like his "haven't been able to catch up", and I'm wrong far more often than I'm right.

Dyslexicon - Has pushed the game forward and isn't afraid to engage and discuss with players.

G-Man - I can't actually think of much, other than being a low poster doesn't necessarily make one Maf

ilario - Again, could be that I'm tunneling and focusing too much on idiosyncrasies that I tend to scum read

JaggedJimmyJay - Probably has done more good for the town & thread health than I'd like to admit

Johanna - Comes across as earnestly trying to solve for town

Lime Coke - Seems in their town meta as far as I know their town meta

Marmot - Activity D2 has been of the solvey type I expect from town Marmot. He spins his tires more as Maf IMO

NotAnAxehole - Has a straightforward approach that doesn't feel agenda-y, seems direct and trying to solve rather than muddy waters.

Sloonei - See above. Different approach, but the motivation feels the same

Son of Anarch - Doesn't come across as overly wary or shy about approaching the game & giving reads.

TonyStarkPrime - Is in his town meta as far as I know and expect from it
His reason to trust ilario is not something that ilario has done, but rather his own bias. Isn't that not how the trustfall was supposed to work? Also, his Lime Coke assessment is also very soft. Both of these have a sort of built-in defense about them that can be utilized later.

Here he even inserts ilario into Lime Coke's slot to modify a potential solve:
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:52 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:50 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:46 pm Thanks for doing those everyone.

@falcon45ca, how do you feel about the solve I proposed? From your perspective only one of the possible teams can be correct.
I'm sorry, what's the solve?
From this
and this

I determined the mafia team must be either:

Dolby, G-Man, Lime Coke, falcon
or
Dolby, G-Man, Lime Coke, Son of Anarch
Oh ok.

I don't think LC is Maf, doesn't feel right, ditto SOA. I'd put ilario in their spot Otherwise this is a POE I can work with.
Is there anything in light of today's events that shook Lime Coke's view of ilario that may have changed Falcon's view as well? I'd like to know.

Overall, I can see potential breadcrumbs from Falcon to Lime Coke. It's not as distinct as what I see in the other direction. If Lime Coke flips mafia, Falcon's ISO will need parsed again.

I'm going to [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine at the moment to keep things spicy. I don't like that this means I am voting alongside Lime Coke, but I think he's just stuck there.

That's a good POE
If I'm not mistaken, you're vote has been off main wagons on both days now. How are you going to impact the game to a town win? Right now Dolby and SOA have wagons on them, so if you were to choose one of them, which one would you vote?
I vote for the players I think are scum. How am I supposed to know how I'm going to impact the game for a town win? That's a strange question. What's your answer to that question for yourself?

Between Dolby and SOA, I'd like to pull a move I've recently seen from @Master Radishes tie em' up and let it rand.

Why don’t you (or anyone else posting since apparently) remember this from the rules?
G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:01 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 pm

That's a good POE

Cuz' I rarely read the rules. I'm more of a shoot from the hip kinda player
This is just so :disappoint:
G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:20 pm Took a look at Falcon's full ISO just now. Beyond the JJJ tin-foil, which I am sympathetic to up to a point, there's not much meat behind his words or actions. It's coasty, but not as noticeably coasty as Dolby from 10,000 feet. If Dolby is just dipping his toes in the ocean, Falcon's gone in just over the knee. Less responding to others and more original content is needed. He stays in my POE.

We can note that G-Man dedicated a lot of time and energy to assessing falcon, but he did so with a specific premise -- that he would (or wouldn't) be teamed with Lime Coke. That would tend to devalue whatever conclusions G-Man comes to when at that point neither have flipped. That doesn't mean pre-flip associative reads are just flat bad the end, but when you only look at one pair you're going to have a very hard time getting anywhere. G-Man ended up concluding that the two do fit together as mafia teammates and left his Day 2 vote on falcon. The meaning of that vote depends upon the progression of the wagons and how likely he thought it was that someone other than Lime Coke would actually be eliminated. The premise of the analysis stunts the suspicion, and the consensus on Lime Coke stunts the vote. I wouldn't feel comfortable dissociating G-Man from falcon on this basis.

~~~

Do they fit?

This is probably the toughest one for me to call so far, but I don't think I can confidently separate them. They at least can be teammates with reasonable plausibility.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do falcon45ca and Johanna fit together as mafia teammates?

From falcon45ca

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:34 pm
Johanna wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:24 pm I think the worst posts of yesterday were Lime's burst, although NAI, and SonofAnarch's "you mean you think our interation is t/t" post, which was awkward.

However the more consistently not so great person is falcon. I like some of the things he said and he raised some valid points (like pointing out said weird SoA post), but it is true that he is mostly being contrarian and that's easy to fake.

A priori he seems a good wolf candidate as someone with some thread presence who gets noticed but not a lot of attention.

I am actually intrigued by TSP. Either he was TMIng sig or he just had the right idea. I lean towards the second, at least for now.

Generally I think there have been bad posts and people with bizarre moments but nobody who has been overtly or outright scummy. Kind of glad I got to avoid having to make a bad choice, although I think I would have leant falcon. There has to be at least one wolf in the towncore (why not two) but I wouldn't know where to look.

Also, I kow understand why Dyslexicon gets abbreviated to Dizzy instead of Dys. That was too many posts...
This is one of those posts that doesn't say much with a whole lot of words.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:36 pm
Johanna wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:35 pm SPF was the 'peripheral' member of the triad, and even got some sus during the day. I would say that their case on sig is kind of clearing, for its high effort and grasping at straws, but a push could be easily made by accusong them precisely of that and making up an elaborate case on LHF to ensure a mischop.

That is definitely way too convoluted though.

I was more expecting you (Jay), Sloonei, or maybe illario or Dizzy.
The triad?
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:09 pm Why aren't we talking about Johanna's triad comment? I'd like to know what/who they're talking about
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:24 pmJohanna - Comes across as earnestly trying to solve for town

[etc trustfall list]

If falcon is mafia, this looks like someone trying to pick out something to smear, realizing it's not catching, and just moving on to other matters. It doesn't strike me as the stuff of teammates.

From Johanna

Johanna wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:24 pm I think the worst posts of yesterday were Lime's burst, although NAI, and SonofAnarch's "you mean you think our interation is t/t" post, which was awkward.

However the more consistently not so great person is falcon. I like some of the things he said and he raised some valid points (like pointing out said weird SoA post), but it is true that he is mostly being contrarian and that's easy to fake.

A priori he seems a good wolf candidate as someone with some thread presence who gets noticed but not a lot of attention.

I am actually intrigued by TSP. Either he was TMIng sig or he just had the right idea. I lean towards the second, at least for now.

Generally I think there have been bad posts and people with bizarre moments but nobody who has been overtly or outright scummy. Kind of glad I got to avoid having to make a bad choice, although I think I would have leant falcon. There has to be at least one wolf in the towncore (why not two) but I wouldn't know where to look.

Also, I kow understand why Dyslexicon gets abbreviated to Dizzy instead of Dys. That was too many posts...
Johanna wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:38 pm

Well I guess I lied, SoA would be my first suspect for a deepwolf precisely because of that weird post. They were pretty good for the rest of the day though, so I wouldn't jump there immediately.
Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:09 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:06 pm Yourself and NAA are my town core atm. There's 2 others on the periphery, tho I'd rather not say who right now.
How on god's green earth did the two of us, and only the two of us, earn this position?
I try to be sparse with catch-up posts, but I'm also intrigued about this.
Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:57 am I know I said falcon is probably my #1 suspect but that's largely a function of not really having any. As I said, the ones who've made posts that struck me as odd in a bad way are Lime Coke and SoA.
I'd like to call him Limey.
But that'd be rude.
TSP definitely posted oddly, but not knowing them at all and given the consistency of it I am happy to chalk it up to posting style. Suggesting that a vt claim watcher was fantastic,
Thanks Marmot, I forgot that over the night.
they defended someone who was basically tilted for their entire stay on thread and thus were an easy mischop. It was not clear then and I'm not sure why he didn't say his clear was based on meta, but he was right, and his D2 so far just makes him townier.

I hate how NAA is playing but I don't see reason to characterise that as scummy. Confrontational and antagonising, sure. Again I chalk it up to posting style, although in this case I don't think there are reasons to towncore him. Neither are there reasons to suspect him.

So falcon. Yeah, I don't have reasons to think he's a wolf per se, either, and especially now that it's become apparent he's not very well caught up. In my experience, wolves are just as often boldly pushing names as they are cute and cuddly,
I mean, they are. falcon's main D1 point doesn't really hold.
but what they try to do is to be up to date.

I don't think I can in good conscience vote for a 2-poster. Nobody can say whether they're scum or not based on two posts. So you know, I'm not reading that slot, but it is true that if they don't show up soon they'll have to be up for the chop. I'm just saying give them a chance to show up.

That's the most questionable bit about NAA, his easy-going willingness to lock wolfreads on nothing but literal thin air.
Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:03 am Re-reading falcon's ISO I find it less substantial than I recall from my catch-up impression.
Guess that helps not finding them particularly townie.
I still don't think it's enough to vote them.
Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:28 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:45 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:58 pm I've skimmed through the ISOs purely looking for mechanical things, no content analysis (I don't know if it's needed actually)

Most town leaning evidence (in order):

JJJ

Sloonei

Dyslexicon

Dolby Falcon Marmott

LimeCoke Ilario

TSP

Johanna

G-man

Normally, I would suggest killing from the bottom up, but Ilario did something this game that I almost exclusively do as mafia, so I'm going to go look at some other games and check.

Lmao wtf? How did you go from wanting to elim jjj/sloonei into having them as ur top trs
Town's reads adjust as the game progresses, it's harder for Maf to do the same. Good look for NAA IMO.

It seems you're only addressing this post tho cuz' of the shade NAA's thrown on you
I believe the objection comes from apparently sussing JJJ to topreading him in 2 and 1/2 hours without any apparent progression.

There's also the fact that 2 hours prior to this list he had just top towned TSP and Ilario
who are now at the bottom of the pile.
In this particular case the reads adjustment I think moved in the direction of the consensus, which I think goes against your point that it is in fact a +town progression. I think it's NAI, and I would like to hear abut what he saw in those ISOs to be able to consider his perspective.
That's not gonna happen, is it?
The most interesting thing is how the watcher claim is near the bottom but he rectified soon enough, so again... :shrug:

Here's the particularly interesting posts in his progression, I think:
► Show Spoiler
Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:01 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:19 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:45 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:58 pm I've skimmed through the ISOs purely looking for mechanical things, no content analysis (I don't know if it's needed actually)

Most town leaning evidence (in order):

JJJ

Sloonei

Dyslexicon

Dolby Falcon Marmott

LimeCoke Ilario

TSP

Johanna

G-man

Normally, I would suggest killing from the bottom up, but Ilario did something this game that I almost exclusively do as mafia, so I'm going to go look at some other games and check.

Lmao wtf? How did you go from wanting to elim jjj/sloonei into having them as ur top trs
Town's reads adjust as the game progresses, it's harder for Maf to do the same. Good look for NAA IMO.

It seems you're only addressing this post tho cuz' of the shade NAA's thrown on you
He did it in a matter of minutes lol
Wait, it was over 2hrs later??

Matter of minutes my ass
Actually more like 1 1/2 hours, but yeah, and he explicitly says there was ISOing in the middle. So I am trying not to read too much into that.
Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 am I think I've said lots of things.

If what you want is reads I think SoA and Lime Coke are probably the most dubious consensus town reads, Dolby is a good bean so I want to see him around more, and I don't have anything to judge G-Man by.

TSP and SPF are my lock townreads, then JJJ, you (Sloonei), Dizzy, probably NAA goes here, Ilario, Dolby, Limey/SoA, falcon, I have no read on G-Man... and I completely forgot Marmot existed. Is that normal?
It can't be normal
Johanna wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:59 am To reiterate some things I've already said and some things I did not make clear but which other people have said:

I believe Jay/Sloonei are always the same alignment here.

I believe that there is a chance that either them or two of the second triad are partnered wolves
although most likely not.
But still there might be a wolf
and I mean SoA.
On a different note, I find it interesting that Lime Coke and G-Man both appeared to catch up almost simultaneously. It's probably just a coincidence
but I can't stop thinking about it.
I think that G-Man is finally here and we can actually throw reads on him. I'm interested how, in reference to the Jay/Sloonei partnership, they dissociate them completely. He has formed a list that is far from the consensus and that's something to evaluate
though I have no idea in which direction yet.
Lime Coke has had a bizarre couple pages worth of posts, I could vote there but I am extremely averse to uncontested wagons.

I find Jay's solve to be a good PoE to start from but I will not vote for Lime Coke without a competing wagon and I would like to hear more from the other suspects.

One salient thing is how Dolby has posted quite a bit, though not as much today, and has not seemed to have a great impact. I would expect more from him as either alignment.

Finally, on the idea of partnerships, I feel if LC is a wolf his vote on falcon might be an attempt at distancing. I'm not too clear on the progression towards that vote.

TSP
Axe

Dizzy
JJJ
Sloonei

SonofAnarch
Dolby

G-Man
Marmot

@JaggedJimmyJay

This is my list.

Clears

Strong towns

Mid tier

Scum tier.

Or Marmot.

I might only have one.

Well yeah, this is the long version of "Lime Coke's vote on falcon could be distancing." I am very much thinking along those lines.
Marmot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:32 am Does anyone specifically townread either Dolby or Lime Coke? Those two players seem to be consensus scumreads, or at least exist in everyone's POE's, except for each others.

Dolby has a vibe read of Lime Coke, and Lime Coke has Dolby just outside his POE.
Some people had some townread. I haven't really seen a reason to scumread them but I hope things will become a bit clearer now that he seems to have rejoined the thread.

One thing that I couldn't help but note about G-Man's list is that, also against consensus, Dolby was placed rather high up. Unless I am misremembering. These are associative pointers, I'm just not sure how to weigh them. I feel like right now Lime's D2 is the shakiest performance we have and they make a good candidate, so I'd rather start clearing the POE from there or falcon.
Johanna wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:48 pm So I get off Limey to Falcon because I hate runaway wagons and that seems like a fair alternative. And suddenly we're 4-4.

Now this is podracing.
By god is it podracing
Johanna wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:05 am I think as stated yesterday, that JJJ and Sloonei are always the same alignment. Therefore, JJJ town.

Why is TSP alive is my biggest question. I'm not chopping an uncontested claim but still. I briefly voted G-Man after Dizzy's claim but I'm on No Vote as I try to sort out my thoughts.

I think in my first catch up post I already indicated SoA as a most likely wolf in the D1 towncore and D2 did not alleviate those suspicions so I am very happy to go there.

I always want to see more of Dolby, I stil feel like I haven't seen enough from him but I might need to bow to the consensus that he should be chopped.

I am very flip floppy on Falcon. He often feels performative but he also has many posts that ring honest.

I do not know G-Man.

I feel like J's PoE might contain up to three wolves rather than all four, but I really can't say who the fourth would be and who in the PoE would not be a wolf I think there's reasonable doubt on all of them to scum read them but also there is very little certainty.

Finally, I'm off
to watch Dune.

This stuff gets a bit messy and forces me to make some judgment calls. Objectively, Johanna's read on falcon doesn't seem to lead somewhere concrete -- I don't get the impression she has known what to do with falcon at any juncture of the game. She voices some suspicions, clarifies it's not enough to vote him, pulls the same maneuver as G-Man with the Lime Coke/falcon team theorizing, and sort of twists herself into a pretzel. I get a sense that this progression looks innocent at most points -- indeed the only post that triggers my pings in a "typical" way is the one highlighted in yellow (a very small point). Gun to my head, this is the work of someone who seriously doesn't know rather than of someone who wants to look like they don't know.

~~~

Do they fit?

I think it's possible to make the argument that they fit, but it's not an argument I would find compelling. I am making judgment calls now and I will say that I don't think they're likely mafia teammates. Since this one forces me into that dissonant pair of sentences I always welcome anyone to tell me if they disagree.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 446
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:08 pm I'm not judging, just pointing out facts.
You're pointing out lazy interpretations of content you've barely consumed that you judged well before the game actually started.
If my interpretations meant anything, I would be less lazy about consuming information.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:18 pm @ilario just for the log, is Son of Anarch still a town read?
You might want to try to get them to explain why they aren't adopting your PoE (and mine - as they are more or less the same for this purpose).

If they adopt it, then they have to re-evaluate their world, which they refuse to do on the basis that my PoE is garbage, which I assume means yours is as well.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do falcon45ca and Son of Anarch fit together as mafia teammates?

From falcon45ca

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:50 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:48 pm Hey all. Just caught up on the thread, some thoughts below

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:38 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 pm Oh and by the way, I was kinda thinkin' about this earlier.

Isn't it better for the fruit vendor to claim right away? Basically an IC, yeah? Could have me (the watcher) go on 'em too. I know it's delayed mechanics and all, but still useful as long as I'm not killed.

And for everyone's efforts on this page, I'm gonna slap a small townread on all of you good folk right away. I'm warning ya though, my mind changes easily, but gettin' good vibes from this crowd. I like Jimmy's idea too, about Stayposi being naturally on guard about his early buddy-buddy with her. He seems like a good player, so I think her being naturally curious about all of that is pretty nice as far as ground zero reads go.
Hi, Son. Hope I can call you Son, cause I think that's kind of funny.

I just wanted to tell you that I'm currently single and looking to mingle. And I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me? It would entail peace and love and good things, and us never voting each other this game. You are town, and I am town. Let me know kk *squeaks and runs*
Hey there Dyslexicon. I'm lookin' forward to playing this game with you. Unfortunately, don't think my girlfriend would want me to be going on any dates with someone else so I'm gonna have to turn ya down there. And well... Can't promise you I'll never vote you this game, but I gotta say I like the free-flowing thought pattern you seem to be exhibiting here so I probably won't be votin' you any time soon unless you get on my bad side.he

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:00 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 pm Oh and by the way, I was kinda thinkin' about this earlier.

Isn't it better for the fruit vendor to claim right away? Basically an IC, yeah? Could have me (the watcher) go on 'em too. I know it's delayed mechanics and all, but still useful as long as I'm not killed.

And for everyone's efforts on this page, I'm gonna slap a small townread on all of you good folk right away. I'm warning ya though, my mind changes easily, but gettin' good vibes from this crowd. I like Jimmy's idea too, about Stayposi being naturally on guard about his early buddy-buddy with her. He seems like a good player, so I think her being naturally curious about all of that is pretty nice as far as ground zero reads go.
Hate this post, I’m always against claiming earlier especially d1
Ya know, I'm thinkin' this response to me is actually kinda bad. It's one of your first posts and already you're sayin' you hate my posts because you're against the general philosophy of 'em instead of saying you just disagree with the approach. That's kinda something I think wolves are more prone to do. They'll try to magnify something that might not be agreeable and make it seem like the post is bad when in actuality it's just a disagreement in playstyle. But I'm a nice guy, so I'm gonna give you a chance.

@ShēpInWolfsClothing what about the post is bad other than your disagreement of it?
@TonyStarkPrime care to explain your townreads on sig and falcon? Gotta say I disagree with at least sig for reasons I describe up top, no real opinion on falcon as of yet.

And also why I'm on the subject:

@falcon45ca Why'd ya specifically call out that crowd with their townreads? I'd say there's been quite a few players this game that have been ridin' the town read train, includin' myself a bit.

Oh yeah and since it's been talked about a bit, I'm just gonna say that another reason I have Stayposi as town now is because while she's not postin' as much as the rest of us, her posts are pretty... "powerful" in a sense. I'd like to call it somethin' like high-impact posting. I'm willing to listen to Dyslexicon's opinion of course, but I don't think she's got scum vibes like some of the other people I've been talkin' about.

And another thing too that I noticed... I still kinda feel like Lime Coke is mirroring the thread. He seems almost scared to make strong statements and has even qualified a few of them like his townread on ilario. Dunno... think I'm just gettin' the vibe that he's a bit uncomfortable.
Who else has been posting huge town reads list? I'll puke all over their shoes too
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:10 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:29 pm Sig's defensive reaction ain't good... Kinda yikes if ya ask me.
Redundant. If it ain't good, you don't need to also tell us it's yikes.

Why do I feel you're trying to sell me something?
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:10 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:29 pm Sig's defensive reaction ain't good... Kinda yikes if ya ask me.
Redundant. If it ain't good, you don't need to also tell us it's yikes.

Why do I feel you're trying to sell me something?
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:11 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:03 pm Also I'm thinkin' there's probably a scum in the 0-posters. Not sure if mafia the syndicate is the same, but on mafia scum a ton of folk hate randin' mafia to the point where they'll barely post. It can get pretty annoyin' and well... we've got three guys here not speakin' and I don't feel super bamboozled yet. I think I'm gonna make an enemy out of anyone who comes into the thread now.
Pushing low posters D1? Never seen scum do that before...
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:27 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:14 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:13 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:59 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:55 pm [VOTE: Ilario] aubergine
This chop won't happen.
If you had to choose between the people having votes already, who would it be?
Also what's your thoughts on Sig?
Not with that kind of attitude.

GTH sig is town
What’s he done to “earn” your town read?
He hasn't, a GTH read from me is the same as a gut read.

I feel he'd come across more agenda-y if he were Maf
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:24 pmSon of Anarch - Doesn't come across as overly wary or shy about approaching the game & giving reads.

[etc trustfall snip...]
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:35 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:33 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:30 pm hello. i didn't get to see EOD. work has me so swamped. who died
I have a sneaking suspicion that Nanook tagged you (like he did everybody) and you can go check for yourself.

It's D3, derp clears are for D1
I honestly didn't think tags did anything on this site but thanks for the passive-aggression bud
Sorry about that.

I wasn't trying to be passive.
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:52 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:50 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:46 pm Thanks for doing those everyone.

@falcon45ca, how do you feel about the solve I proposed? From your perspective only one of the possible teams can be correct.
I'm sorry, what's the solve?
From this
and this

I determined the mafia team must be either:

Dolby, G-Man, Lime Coke, falcon
or
Dolby, G-Man, Lime Coke, Son of Anarch
Oh ok.

I don't think LC is Maf, doesn't feel right, ditto SOA. I'd put ilario in their spot Otherwise this is a POE I can work with.
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 pm I'd actually put Dizzy in over SOA.

Ilario, Dolby, Dizzy, G-Man is my POE atm

That's a good POE

That's a good POE

There are some moments here where falcon treats SoA with a bit of a sharp edge. I am inclined to temper any assessment of that given that falcon's M.O. is to treat everyone with a sharp edge. It doesn't seem to lead anywhere of note. You'll see that between 14 Sep and 16 Sep, falcon's perception of SoA shifts from "not worthy of the POE, Dizzy goes in over him" to "in the POE". That splits around the Lime Coke mischop. The last sentence of the last post emerges again; I mentioned it when assessing falcon/Dolby. It'd be kinda funny if he encouraged a tie between his teammates given that he literally wouldn't care which one goes. I won't speculate too much. This stuff is overall kinda wet fish.

From Son of Anarch

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:48 pm Hey all. Just caught up on the thread, some thoughts below

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

I just wanted to tell you that I'm currently single and looking to mingle. And I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me? It would entail peace and love and good things, and us never voting each other this game. You are town, and I am town. Let me know kk *squeaks and runs*
Hey there Dyslexicon. I'm lookin' forward to playing this game with you. Unfortunately, don't think my girlfriend would want me to be going on any dates with someone else so I'm gonna have to turn ya down there. And well... Can't promise you I'll never vote you this game, but I gotta say I like the free-flowing thought pattern you seem to be exhibiting here so I probably won't be votin' you any time soon unless you get on my bad side.he

Ya know, I'm thinkin' this response to me is actually kinda bad. It's one of your first posts and already you're sayin' you hate my posts because you're against the general philosophy of 'em instead of saying you just disagree with the approach. That's kinda something I think wolves are more prone to do. They'll try to magnify something that might not be agreeable and make it seem like the post is bad when in actuality it's just a disagreement in playstyle. But I'm a nice guy, so I'm gonna give you a chance.

@ShēpInWolfsClothing what about the post is bad other than your disagreement of it?
@TonyStarkPrime care to explain your townreads on sig and falcon? Gotta say I disagree with at least sig for reasons I describe up top, no real opinion on falcon as of yet.

@falcon45ca Why'd ya specifically call out that crowd with their townreads? I'd say there's been quite a few players this game that have been ridin' the town read train, includin' myself a bit.

Oh yeah and since it's been talked about a bit, I'm just gonna say that another reason I have Stayposi as town now is because while she's not postin' as much as the rest of us, her posts are pretty... "powerful" in a sense. I'd like to call it somethin' like high-impact posting. I'm willing to listen to Dyslexicon's opinion of course, but I don't think she's got scum vibes like some of the other people I've been talkin' about.

And another thing too that I noticed... I still kinda feel like Lime Coke is mirroring the thread. He seems almost scared to make strong statements and has even qualified a few of them like his townread on ilario. Dunno... think I'm just gettin' the vibe that he's a bit uncomfortable.
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:52 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:50 pm

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Who else has been posting huge town reads list? I'll puke all over their shoes too
Eh... When I wrote that post I was mostly thinkin' about Lime Coke and myself, but you responded to Lime Coke while I was writing and I didn't see it. So I guess that explains that. Just curious now about why you hate townreads so much?
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:53 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:53 pm falcon has established a pretty deliberate “early town reads make me sick” reputation in recent memory. In this particular case I am not yet inclined to provide any credit for fitting into that very easy costume of self-built meta.

Need more.
So are you saying it's just for show or it's actually how he feels?
Son of Anarch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:36 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:06 am Son of Anarch is an interesting case. I think that, on a holistic level, he looks pretty decent. There are some isolated moments where he might be a bit s t i l t e d though. I think I could even be reading him that way as a byproduct of his penchant for replacing the "ing" with " in' ". Replacin' as it were. I know that's dumb, but I'm just trying to make sense of a dumb concept like "stilted".

Still generally a town read, just with a bit more trepidation than some others have shown.
Hey Jimmy, I appreciate the town read n' all, even if it's comin' with some strings attached. Can ya maybe quote a post or two where ya feel I might be stilted?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:08 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:03 am (perhaps i should be taking a closer look at my read on Son Of Anarch - i wrote him off as town almost immediately when i have no idea what his range is like or how competent of a wolf he is)
I was having this thought just a moment before I read your post. My current stance is that Son of A Narc is town and perfectly agreeable and a helpful voice in the thread. But he's also new to me, but clearly not new to the game, and a player in that position could very quickly and easily disarm us if they know what buttons to push.

This is not something I would take action on right now, but it is something I would be mindful of if the game begins to take a shape that we do not like.
Hey man, I'm tellin' you all to be scared of me :) I'm not scum this game, but I can tell you all that I'm not half-bad.
Dolby wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:49 am

Weird callout. Especially since Anarch already established themselves as pro-mech claim where they claimed watcher. Just takes the call for fruit vendor to claim, which isn't bad, and strips away a past context which makes it look better.

Townreads Dizzy

Don't care about the response to the SPF stuff.
sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 pm Also son of arch is just doing a very obvious omgus and salty that I disagree with others on his town rwae
would have to read for context

Basically the whole ISO is being defensive and talking about Anarch. I strongly dislike the sus on Anarch from sig, nor do I like that beyond the Dizzy toneread it's the only thing he's put out. There is space to improve since he hasn't backread but does not look good.
I appreciate your analysis here, Dolby. Keep sheepin' my reads and I'll take care of ya, although I gotta say, I kept confusin' you for ilario here because of the avatar.
I don't think any of the spoiled bits are that important and to be honest with you all, the quoting on this website is a bit difficult/hard to keep up, so I'm just gonna be talkin' about things without quotes and then if ya need me to quote for whatever reason, just ask me.

@ilario I think Marmot's recent posts are alright. It doesn't really sway me one way or the other. I guess you could say his posts are mostly safe, but not really that scummy t'me. I know that's kinda avoiding givin' a direct answer, but probably wouldn't feel comfortable labeling the dude one way or the other.

And Sloonei man, I honestly don't know what you're tryin' to say there. I get you don't want to enforce a read on Jimmy or make people think you have to follow your read, but I think from my perspective it seems pretty obvious that ya town read the guy. Reason bein' that you haven't really contested the triad idea, keep askin' leading questions that sorta attempt to guide people towards the read, and I don't think you'd give Jimmy this much thread control if ya thought the guy was scum, eh? So I don't get why you're makin' such a big deal about not givin' a read on him.

Dyslexicon had a good point earlier by the way. I know ya guys haven't ever played with me, but I think some of my posts here are pretty hard to fake as scum just in general. I'd listen to the good man here and town read me to make the game easier on you all :) Hah, but if you don't wanna that's okay too. I just wanna remind you all though that cowboys are good at catchin' criminals.

Also, I accept my place in the triad with you Ilario. I was readin' over your ISO earlier and I'm thinkin' you're just town. Reason being that I think some of your ideas and posts are just too whacky to be scum and your confidence is so fire. I know I said earlier confidence could be scum-indicative, but it's the kinda confidence that's enforced for the sake of pushin' the game along and not the kind of confidence I see a wolf present in order to be town read. Dyslexicon seems like a pretty cool dude as well, high-energy and all. Not that that makes someone town, but I've seen him present a few reads or push in a few directions that I feel like would be pretty ballsy to do, also everyone else seems to town read him and I doubt the whole thread would be wrong on that sorta read since he seems to be a regular on the site.

Here's a reads list for everyone's trouble by the way (it's not ordered between tiers):

Stayposi
Ilario
Jimmy
Dyslexicon
NAA

-------

Dolby
Sloonei
Marmot
Falcon

-------

G-man
Johanna

-------

Lime Coke
TSP

-------

sig
Son of Anarch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:14 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:13 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:59 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:55 pm [VOTE: Ilario] aubergine
This chop won't happen.
If you had to choose between the people having votes already, who would it be?
Also what's your thoughts on Sig?
Not with that kind of attitude.

GTH sig is town
What’s he done to “earn” your town read?
Son of Anarch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:15 pm Gotta agree with whoever said Falcon Man is being contrarian for the sake of contrarian. That read has me a bit puzzled compared to the other ones.
Son of Anarch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:18 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:17 pm [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
Now this might just be the spice I was talkin’ about :)
Son of Anarch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:21 pm Alright Dizzy, I’m game.

[VOTE: Falcon Man] aubergine
Son of Anarch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:25 pm A new triad emerges. Me, Dizzy, and Stayposi. I dub us the falcon killers
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:22 pm Ah man, can't say I'm stoked about that at all. My Internet was down until around this aftenoon so backreadin' wasn't really possible for me. I'm gonna say though that I still think Falcon Man's EOD wasn't the greatest and I'd like to hear some of the other thoughts on that.

Another interestin' thing is that if SPF is poisoned that might reflect well on the triad 'cause they were kinda all huddlin' together, yeah? Normally if you're tryin' to pocket someone you don't kill them. That's just a basic read though.
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 pm I just ran through the end of the day and frankly found it meaningless. That doesn't necessarily mean the posts cannot be assessed meaningfully, but that's why I don't care to play ketchup. The thread becomes a contextless void to me.

Would anyone be able to describe for me, as you saw it, the progression of events/posts/whatever that caused falcon to become a wagon? I poked in here and there when my phone was dying and saw votes on him, but had no context in the moment.
It's simple. Falcon Man at end of day voted Ilario, when my pal Dizzy told him no one was gonna vote Ilario he basically said that "you never know". Then when me and Dizzy gave him the ol' 1-2 vote and Stayposi joined in, he accused two of us of bein' mafia. One being me, as he scum read me earlier and the other person bein'... TBD... I don't think he ever clarified who the second scum on him was. So that gave me the confidence to just hold my vote and to watch what happened.
Son of Anarch wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:03 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:59 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:57 pm If someone could ask me a few questions or somethin' to help me get on some sorta track that'd be swell
What would you say has changed most about your view of the game, if anything, since sig flipped town?
To be fully honest, not that much. I think Sloonei got a little scummier to me 'cause I didn't like the way he was handlin' the discussion between me and sig. I think it's kinda weird how we had more than one person sayin' sig was explicitly town rather than sayin' he should have more time to post, I already find Falcon Man to be the most suspicious on that list to start with. Other than that, I'm not super shocked the dude flipped town. I'd need to examine the wagon too because there's probably at least one wolf on there considerin' how votes went. Overall, still feelin' pretty good about game and game state.
Son of Anarch wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:38 pm

That's a good POE
What are the chances this is 4 town?

Okay, so a few notes:

SoA's first few interactions with falcon are pretty neutral stuff and not suggestive of much. So it's noteworthy that SoA placed falcon in the second-highest tier of his reads list, suggesting some level of town read. That is immediately countered in the posts that follow with assertions of doubt, piggybacked from things other people said (e.g. "falcon is overly contrarian"). We see that SoA took an anti-falcon stance toward the end of Day 1, and dubbed his triad with Dizzy and ilario as "the falcon killers".

Then he didn't post again on Day 1. That was 1.5 hours prior to the deadline, and he didn't make another falcon-related post. He didn't make another post AT ALL. The leader of the falcon killers, or at least their namer, didn't do anything to make that name a reality. He did leave his vote on falcon, but I think it was evident to the people in the game that sig was most likely to be eliminated. So I award zero points, and kinda think it looks worse.

In the time that has followed EOD1 SoA's presence has taken a nosedive, so he's had no impact on matters of falcon or otherwise.

~~~

Do they fit?

Yes, I think they fit. They might even fit well given SoA's EOD1, but I am not as confident about this one as I was about Dolby/SoA.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:48 pm If my interpretations meant anything, I would be less lazy about consuming information.
Your interpretations mean things. I am taking them into consideration. If you want to know why there may be a tendency for some people to discount your contributions, then you need to know that it's not some "lack of clout".

People tune you out if they feel you are talking down to them, belittling their play, belittling their entire site culture, and treating them like they're too stupid to breathe.

If you don't intend to come across that way, then you should be made aware that it often seems that way. Treat folks with respect and you're going to get more of it too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do G-Man and Johanna fit together as mafia teammates?

From G-Man

G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:44 pmJOHANNA
-982: well hi there. Wish I could draw conclusions like that from catch-up mode. Or is this player salad? Why can’t I tell?
-1276: don’t answer other people’s questions
-lots of adverbs
G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 pm JOHANNA
She impressed me with her opening post, though I had second thoughts about it being salady with the aftertaste of it all. After that, her posts are plenty but they also have a very straight-laced vanilla feel that doesn't leave much of an impression in my mind. It's very much just-at-radar-level content. I want to see her rock the boat a little or else it feels like she's playing a modest and potentially safe game.
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:10 am Transferring all that to solidify a 6-and-6 format, I arrive at these groupings (alphabetical order, not ranked):

TOWN:
-Dolby
-Dyslexicon
-Marmot
-NotAnAxehole
-Sloonei
-TonyStarkPrime

POE:
-Falcon
-Ilario
-JaggedJimmyJay
-Johanna
-Lime Coke
-SOA
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:22 pm

TSP
Axe

Dizzy
JJJ
Sloonei

SonofAnarch
Dolby

G-Man
Marmot

@JaggedJimmyJay

This is my list.

Clears

Strong towns

Mid tier

Scum tier.

Or Marmot.

I might only have one.

This goes beyond distancing though, doesn't it? What started as distancing led to a dead end that Lime Coke may be stuck with. Nothing in those posts show me any fervent desire to see Falcon dead. To me it's more of a bland, if not reluctant, acceptance of Falcon as his only option considering his progression.
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:47 pm

The placement of Dolby in my group of six townreads list was due to my lists being alphabetical. I believe I said as much when I made them.

Dolby put forth some logical posts. It's a vibey, wavelength kind of soft townread for him. One thing that I do need to go back and do during the night phase is look at Dolby's ISO and see if the logic and wavelength that appealed to me in individual posts is still there when I look at his production and progression from a macro level.

Right now I want to finish up with Falcon's ISO to see if the teammate connection I can see from Lim Coke to Falcon extends back the other way.

The first three posts provide the only stances from G-Man on Johanna. He was barely positive in his assessment of her, and seemed immediately intent to qualify and erase that positivity with things like "player salad" (an application of that tell that I don't think fits the bill). If G-Man is mafia he looks like he doesn't want to give Johanna town credit, perhaps because he needs a name to fill out his POE splits as in the following post. That'd be an okay look for Johanna. The two of them spoke about the possibility of a Lime Coke/falcon mafia teammate relationship, but G-Man didn't take that anywhere with respect to Johanna's alignment. Not super conclusive stuff.

From Johanna

Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:52 am General question:

Is G-Man confirmed mafia?
No.

Not until he flips or shows up as TSP's result tomorrow.

:shrug:
Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:14 am I would appreciate NAA announcing his votes. :P

I mean I also feel pocket paranoia from ilario, but I don't know that it means anything real.

I would love to see more of Comrade Eternal President Dolby, but I haven't seen anything concerning from him atm. Waiting for more G-Man content, and nobody is being tangibly suspicious to my eyes.

If I should get the tinfoil hat I would say perhaps two people in the second triad
Dizzy, SoA, ilario
could be partnered wolves
or even Jay/Sloonei???
but I'd rather start looking for someone who is individually scummy, or conversely by confirming enough town,
but I don't trust myself there.

If what you want is reads I think SoA and Lime Coke are probably the most dubious consensus town reads, Dolby is a good bean so I want to see him around more, and I don't have anything to judge G-Man by.

TSP and SPF are my lock townreads, then JJJ, you (Sloonei), Dizzy, probably NAA goes here, Ilario, Dolby, Limey/SoA, falcon, I have no read on G-Man... and I completely forgot Marmot existed. Is that normal?
It can't be normal
Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:03 pm I think there is at least one reason I could identify to call every single player in this game town-aligned except for G-Man.

If I ask myself which of those would have the fewest or the thinnest reasons, I think I end up with 3 of Dizzy's 4. Add falcon and Dolby.
Yeah, well, and that's for lack of posts...
Johanna wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:59 am To reiterate some things I've already said and some things I did not make clear but which other people have said:

I believe Jay/Sloonei are always the same alignment here.

I believe that there is a chance that either them or two of the second triad are partnered wolves
although most likely not.
But still there might be a wolf
and I mean SoA.
On a different note, I find it interesting that Lime Coke and G-Man both appeared to catch up almost simultaneously. It's probably just a coincidence
but I can't stop thinking about it.
I think that G-Man is finally here and we can actually throw reads on him. I'm interested how, in reference to the Jay/Sloonei partnership, they dissociate them completely. He has formed a list that is far from the consensus and that's something to evaluate
though I have no idea in which direction yet.

Johanna wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:21 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:13 pm Actually, I'll just reveal now. Spf was targeted by G-man AND Johanna (of course lol). So one of these are scum and one is the sleepwalker, I'm guessing
LMAO

Hardclaiming sleepwalker.
Johanna wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:05 am I think as stated yesterday, that JJJ and Sloonei are always the same alignment. Therefore, JJJ town.

Why is TSP alive is my biggest question. I'm not chopping an uncontested claim but still. I briefly voted G-Man after Dizzy's claim but I'm on No Vote as I try to sort out my thoughts.

I think in my first catch up post I already indicated SoA as a most likely wolf in the D1 towncore and D2 did not alleviate those suspicions so I am very happy to go there.

I always want to see more of Dolby, I stil feel like I haven't seen enough from him but I might need to bow to the consensus that he should be chopped.

I am very flip floppy on Falcon. He often feels performative but he also has many posts that ring honest.

I do not know G-Man.

I feel like J's PoE might contain up to three wolves rather than all four, but I really can't say who the fourth would be and who in the PoE would not be a wolf I think there's reasonable doubt on all of them to scum read them but also there is very little certainty.

Finally, I'm off
to watch Dune.
Johanna wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:40 pm [VOTE: G-Man] aubergine

Mostly for the purpose of keeping alive a viable alternative.

Funnily enough, the most readable thing here might be Johanna's response to Dizzy's fake watch on her and G-Man. That doesn't look like someone who 1) knows its fake or 2) that the track isn't actually valid or correct. I believe she even briefly placed an auto-vote on G-Man in this moment, though it wasn't called. That's appropriate from her if so. @Johanna please affirm or deny. Otherwise her read on G-Man is kind of a void, and she acknowledges that it is a void, given that she doesn't know him and he hasn't been consistently present. She did place that vote for him this phase but has since moved to Son of Anarch. I think this stuff generally speaks to a non-teammate relationship if one of them is mafia.

~~~

Do they fit?

I don't really get that impression. It's not something to view as an open-shut case, but I doubt they're both mafia. Judgment calls reign.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do G-Man and Son of Anarch fit together as mafia teammates?

From G-Man

G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:44 pm SOA
-39: experienced player- no passes needed (come at me?)
-41: can’t describe own play style? Odd.
-61: seeking pat on the head or open fishing- don’t force the lure
-63: “interesting” and agreeable
-88: over-equipped try-hard
-148: a bit Mac-like? Hard to pin this personality down
-355: speaking of magnifying things…
-453: feels like too much to explain what it does
-511: lol, come at me bro
-529: difference of cultures i hope
-542: a bit know-it-allish but also a lot of work if a baddie
-1057: don’t complicate the game? You need to think twisty early, just don’t overthink
-1103: “someone inspire me to make contributions”
G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 pmSOA
The country-boy schtick takes some getting used to. He started out the game pretty confident- almost overconfident at times. At the same time, his early content seemed a bit too agreeable. Maybe not glommy, but agreeable for sure. He is another one that I feel gets a bit too explainy at times, which gives me pause. I don't need a perfect answer each time. Perfect is the enemy of the good. This post goes against my philosophy of trying to think like a baddie and outwit the sneaky plan you might not otherwise see coming. Some of his D1 work seemed a little much for a baddie, but perhaps he's just that confident in his game.

TOWN:
-Dolby
-Dyslexicon
-Marmot
-NotAnAxehole
-Sloonei
-TonyStarkPrime

POE:
-Falcon
-Ilario
-JaggedJimmyJay
-Johanna
-Lime Coke
-SOA

G-Man found a lot of posts to criticize regarding SoA, and stated pretty clear suspicions in the larger reads list with some faint qualifiers. He then included SoA in his POE.

He has done absolutely nothing with that since. Yikes.

From Son of Anarch

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:06 am Son of Anarch is an interesting case. I think that, on a holistic level, he looks pretty decent. There are some isolated moments where he might be a bit s t i l t e d though. I think I could even be reading him that way as a byproduct of his penchant for replacing the "ing" with " in' ". Replacin' as it were. I know that's dumb, but I'm just trying to make sense of a dumb concept like "stilted".

Still generally a town read, just with a bit more trepidation than some others have shown.
Hey Jimmy, I appreciate the town read n' all, even if it's comin' with some strings attached. Can ya maybe quote a post or two where ya feel I might be stilted?
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:03 am (perhaps i should be taking a closer look at my read on Son Of Anarch - i wrote him off as town almost immediately when i have no idea what his range is like or how competent of a wolf he is)
I was having this thought just a moment before I read your post. My current stance is that Son of A Narc is town and perfectly agreeable and a helpful voice in the thread. But he's also new to me, but clearly not new to the game, and a player in that position could very quickly and easily disarm us if they know what buttons to push.

This is not something I would take action on right now, but it is something I would be mindful of if the game begins to take a shape that we do not like.
Hey man, I'm tellin' you all to be scared of me :) I'm not scum this game, but I can tell you all that I'm not half-bad.

Weird callout. Especially since Anarch already established themselves as pro-mech claim where they claimed watcher. Just takes the call for fruit vendor to claim, which isn't bad, and strips away a past context which makes it look better.

Townreads Dizzy

sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 pm Also son of arch is just doing a very obvious omgus and salty that I disagree with others on his town rwae

Basically the whole ISO is being defensive and talking about Anarch. I strongly dislike the sus on Anarch from sig, nor do I like that beyond the Dizzy toneread it's the only thing he's put out. There is space to improve since he hasn't backread but does not look good.
I appreciate your analysis here, Dolby. Keep sheepin' my reads and I'll take care of ya, although I gotta say, I kept confusin' you for ilario here because of the avatar.
I don't think any of the spoiled bits are that important and to be honest with you all, the quoting on this website is a bit difficult/hard to keep up, so I'm just gonna be talkin' about things without quotes and then if ya need me to quote for whatever reason, just ask me.

@ilario I think Marmot's recent posts are alright. It doesn't really sway me one way or the other. I guess you could say his posts are mostly safe, but not really that scummy t'me. I know that's kinda avoiding givin' a direct answer, but probably wouldn't feel comfortable labeling the dude one way or the other.

And Sloonei man, I honestly don't know what you're tryin' to say there. I get you don't want to enforce a read on Jimmy or make people think you have to follow your read, but I think from my perspective it seems pretty obvious that ya town read the guy. Reason bein' that you haven't really contested the triad idea, keep askin' leading questions that sorta attempt to guide people towards the read, and I don't think you'd give Jimmy this much thread control if ya thought the guy was scum, eh? So I don't get why you're makin' such a big deal about not givin' a read on him.

Dyslexicon had a good point earlier by the way. I know ya guys haven't ever played with me, but I think some of my posts here are pretty hard to fake as scum just in general. I'd listen to the good man here and town read me to make the game easier on you all :) Hah, but if you don't wanna that's okay too. I just wanna remind you all though that cowboys are good at catchin' criminals.

Also, I accept my place in the triad with you Ilario. I was readin' over your ISO earlier and I'm thinkin' you're just town. Reason being that I think some of your ideas and posts are just too whacky to be scum and your confidence is so fire. I know I said earlier confidence could be scum-indicative, but it's the kinda confidence that's enforced for the sake of pushin' the game along and not the kind of confidence I see a wolf present in order to be town read. Dyslexicon seems like a pretty cool dude as well, high-energy and all. Not that that makes someone town, but I've seen him present a few reads or push in a few directions that I feel like would be pretty ballsy to do, also everyone else seems to town read him and I doubt the whole thread would be wrong on that sorta read since he seems to be a regular on the site.

Here's a reads list for everyone's trouble by the way (it's not ordered between tiers):

Stayposi
Ilario
Jimmy
Dyslexicon
NAA

-------

Dolby
Sloonei
Marmot
Falcon

-------

G-man
Johanna

-------

Lime Coke
TSP

-------

sig
Son of Anarch wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:58 pm I don't know if the Johanna, ilario, Dolby, G-Man team works though. That's all three of the 0-posters day 1 in one team, which seems unlikely. Although not impossible I guess due to how thread felt before they started postin'

That's it. G-Man makes the first reads list in the bottom five. Not a single sliver of follow-up except to tell me that my solve including G-Man should be doubted. Yikes.

~~~

Do they fit?

Yikes. They fit plenty. They fit bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Johanna and Son of Anarch fit together as mafia teammates?

From Johanna

Johanna wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:57 am I know I said falcon is probably my #1 suspect but that's largely a function of not really having any. As I said, the ones who've made posts that struck me as odd in a bad way are Lime Coke and SoA.
I'd like to call him Limey.
But that'd be rude.
TSP definitely posted oddly, but not knowing them at all and given the consistency of it I am happy to chalk it up to posting style. Suggesting that a vt claim watcher was fantastic,
Thanks Marmot, I forgot that over the night.
they defended someone who was basically tilted for their entire stay on thread and thus were an easy mischop. It was not clear then and I'm not sure why he didn't say his clear was based on meta, but he was right, and his D2 so far just makes him townier.

I hate how NAA is playing but I don't see reason to characterise that as scummy. Confrontational and antagonising, sure. Again I chalk it up to posting style, although in this case I don't think there are reasons to towncore him. Neither are there reasons to suspect him.

So falcon. Yeah, I don't have reasons to think he's a wolf per se, either, and especially now that it's become apparent he's not very well caught up. In my experience, wolves are just as often boldly pushing names as they are cute and cuddly,
I mean, they are. falcon's main D1 point doesn't really hold.
but what they try to do is to be up to date.

I don't think I can in good conscience vote for a 2-poster. Nobody can say whether they're scum or not based on two posts. So you know, I'm not reading that slot, but it is true that if they don't show up soon they'll have to be up for the chop. I'm just saying give them a chance to show up.

That's the most questionable bit about NAA, his easy-going willingness to lock wolfreads on nothing but literal thin air.

Johanna wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:38 pm

Well I guess I lied, SoA would be my first suspect for a deepwolf precisely because of that weird post. They were pretty good for the rest of the day though, so I wouldn't jump there immediately.

It can't be normal

I do not know G-Man.

Finally, I'm off
to watch Dune.
Johanna wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 am Anyway, I'm voting [VOTE: SonofAnarch] aubergine for now.
Johanna wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:49 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:46 pm I don't know if I'm ready to call G-Man scum yet. I think he was put in an unfair position to work out of given his inability to participate at all Day 1, and his presumably limited time to contribute since.

That said, I'd prefer a yeet of Son of Anarch, Dolby, or falcon, not necessarily in that order. I think they all have a lot more working against them based on their own behavior.
My preferred chop is SoA, but I'm not going to go on a vanity wagon. I share your same concerns and I have voiced them repeatedly.
Johanna wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:15 pm [VOTE: Son of Anarch] aubergine

Johanna's immediate reception of SoA when she joined the game was a negative one, albeit vaguely so. She didn't promote his demise necessarily, though she is clearly doing so on Day 3. I wouldn't say this is super conclusive, but if it points anywhere it points toward non-alignment.

From Son of Anarch

Townreads Dizzy

Stayposi
Ilario
Jimmy
Dyslexicon
NAA

-------

Dolby
Sloonei
Marmot
Falcon

-------

G-man
Johanna

-------

Lime Coke
TSP

-------

sig
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:43 pm Hey you know what, I appreciate the compliment Johanna. Callin' me a potential deep wolf is pretty flatterin', but I dunno if I have it in me to deceive all you nice folk the way I have been.
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:17 pm Eh... If I had t'pick 4 people. Now that's really tough, but I'm gonna say right now it'd have to be...

Dizzy
Jimmy
Ilario

and for the fourth... I'm not too certain here. Maybe someone I haven't looked into too much but got good vibes from like Dolby or heck, even Johanna. That might be jumpin' the gun though. I think I'll slot Dolby in there.
Son of Anarch wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:58 pm I don't know if the Johanna, ilario, Dolby, G-Man team works though. That's all three of the 0-posters day 1 in one team, which seems unlikely. Although not impossible I guess due to how thread felt before they started postin'

Johanna opens in the SoA bottom five. That seems to undergo a stark change on Day 2, when she is a sort of "first alternate" on SoA's top town reads list just behind Dolby. The progression isn't there, and I tend to wonder if SoA gave up on the prospect of suspecting her given her general purity and improving thread presence. Take that with a grain of salt.

~~~

Do they fit?

I do wish I had a little more to talk about here. I think it looks okay from the SoA side and a little better than okay from the Johanna side with respect to dissociating the two of them, so that is where I will lean.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

General conclusion:

Johanna should not be in the POE pool. She is town. She doesn't fit with the rest of the people in the pool. Anyone who thinks she should be in the POE can by all means protest and let me know where you disagree, but I don't see it right now. I also think she just looks like town at face value.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I did this for two reasons:

1) I wanted to see if anyone could be cleared. If more than one could be, then that'd be a big issue for the collective POE pool. Johanna can be cleared, the others cannot.

2) A more comprehensive review would help me to resolve what I got wrong the first time. I think I was too kind in the SoA interactions the first time. I believe the following team fits very well:

Son of Anarch, Dolby, G-Man, falcon

and in that order (from most confident to least confident fits).

Given that the POE pool can still run 5-deep, and I am removing Johanna, I can add someone in her place. The obvious emerging name would be ilario. I hope we can talk about it as a group though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

No suspects are voting
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Crazy
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 113

Post by falcon45ca »

@JaggedJimmyJay You've got myself, SoA, Dolby, Gman, and Ilario in a POE of 5?

How are our POEs so similar, yet feel so different? Why does it feel like we're talking right past each other?

Why can't we find each other as town?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:57 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:48 pm If my interpretations meant anything, I would be less lazy about consuming information.
Your interpretations mean things. I am taking them into consideration. If you want to know why there may be a tendency for some people to discount your contributions, then you need to know that it's not some "lack of clout".

People tune you out if they feel you are talking down to them, belittling their play, belittling their entire site culture, and treating them like they're too stupid to breathe.

If you don't intend to come across that way, then you should be made aware that it often seems that way. Treat folks with respect and you're going to get more of it too.
I mean we don't generally agree on causation of gameplay related behavior, but we do generally agree on gameplay style. Also, you have to consider that integration is difficult and fails for a lot of people who try new sites, including this one. There is a strategic component to my madness and I try to be as respectful as possible all things considered.

"People tune you out if they feel you are talking down to them, belittling their play, belittling their entire site culture, and treating them like they're too stupid to breathe."

I think this is filled with half-truths, in the sense that I don't get the impression that most people see me as being malicious, or over time understand enough to dismiss some things that I say. Part of it is that people generally say "Axehole is anti-town" and what they mean by that is "I am pro-town and axehole is anti-town". When I say "JJJ is 5th mafia" I could very well mean "NAA is also pro-mafia". It's a bit of a dry style of approaching topics which I find to be entertaining.

Also, if you're talking about Ilario specifically, then I have no defense for myself. (I felt like this went without saying given the above point I just made, but I feel in this case it's important to mention)

:fist:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:52 pm @JaggedJimmyJay You've got myself, SoA, Dolby, Gman, and Ilario in a POE of 5?

How are our POEs so similar, yet feel so different? Why does it feel like we're talking right past each other?

I see this too :ponder:
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Nice alliteration.

This is (checks ISO), pretty much the most you've said about me all game. Are you all-around allergic to alliteration? Or are you just searching for something to support the saving of your skin?
Your splishy splashy language feels performative. The overuse of tropes underlines an agenda-y approach to the thread.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:52 pm @JaggedJimmyJay You've got myself, SoA, Dolby, Gman, and Ilario in a POE of 5?

I suppose the first thing that would help me if you’re town is to understand how you derived your POE pool. If you’ve chalked up others as town, could you just quickly summarize what inspired those reads? I don’t need a ton.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 76

Post by G-Man »

'Threading the needle' is still an apt description for Johanna's ISO in my eyes. She has been very steady and consistent, but never aggressive. She reads, thinks, and responds. She seems to have a dry, cheeky sense of humor, which matches the subdued tone of he game-related content. I said before that I would like to see her rock the boat a little, but that doesn't seem to be her M.O. here. Her on-point content suits me better than a few other folks, but she still feels a little too at-the-radar for me to embrace her as a full townread.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:58 pm
Nice alliteration.

Your splishy splashy language feels performative. The overuse of tropes underlines an agenda-y approach to the thread.
This is probably due to the fact that we haven't played many (any?) games together before. I can be pretty whimsical. :lorab:
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:04 pm 'Threading the needle' is still an apt description for Johanna's ISO in my eyes. She has been very steady and consistent, but never aggressive. She reads, thinks, and responds. She seems to have a dry, cheeky sense of humor, which matches the subdued tone of he game-related content. I said before that I would like to see her rock the boat a little, but that doesn't seem to be her M.O. here. Her on-point content suits me better than a few other folks, but she still feels a little too at-the-radar for me to embrace her as a full townread.
Worth a response from @Johanna. I’m sure she would without my poke. I just want to acknowledge what G-Man said.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@G-Man current feelings about Son of Anarch?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 345

Post by Sloonei »

What have I missed?

It has been a busy day. I plan to spend the night ISOing folks inside the POE. If anything juicy or exciting has happened, let me know please and thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:09 pm @G-Man current feelings about Son of Anarch?
True story: I haven't thought much about him because he goes AWOL for long stretches. I know- I'm one to talk.

But Jay, can you help me out a little. I glanced through your teammate analyses enough to see where you think people fit and don't fit. Thanks for summing it up in another spreadsheet graphic.

Are the progressions behind your spoiler tags? (sorry, ISOing so I didn't click to open the tags yet)

Do you explain the shift from yellow to orange for SOA to Dolby and to me? Same question for the shift from light green to yellow between falcon and SOA?

My Banners:
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:18 pm What have I missed?

It has been a busy day. I plan to spend the night ISOing folks inside the POE. If anything juicy or exciting has happened, let me know please and thanks.
Literally nothing.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 345

Post by Sloonei »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:18 pm What have I missed?

Literally nothing.
*jots that down*
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Trusting Marmot doesn't come easily for me because I got burned bad by him once or twice before, but I struggle to find anything in his ISO that gives me the heebie-jeebies. Between him and Dizzy, I guess that gives me 2/3 of my bet-the-game-on-them triad.
My Banners:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:03 pm

I suppose the first thing that would help me if you’re town is to understand how you derived your POE pool. If you’ve chalked up others as town, could you just quickly summarize what inspired those reads? I don’t need a ton.
Can you be more specific? Like, I feel its clear from my ISO why I suspect the players I do.

I've given why I TR NAA, Sloon (before getting poisoned), and Marmot. Are you asking about if I have other TRs beyond them?

It's hard for me to see Johanna as Maf. She feels like she's earnestly trying to solve the game, not steer or direct it. Ditto Dizzy. They both feel genuine in their approach and their reads feel like they're the product of genuine reflection on players and their interactions.

TSP actually I've not really paid attention to. Between the claim, or lack of thread presence...GTH I'd say he's town as well, cuz' he often pushes my mislynch when he's Maf
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Time for me to go for the night, but I wanted to share some base thoughts on NAA, SOA, and TSP. I still need to comb through their ISOs tomorrow.

NAA: Man do I still get the Mac vibes. Such a pure comparison in my mind, and I remember never giving Mac the benefit of the doubt for at least a year or more. I don't want to make the same mistake and brand NAA someone to be dealt with, but I also need to remember that just because NAA gives me Mac vibes doesn't mean I should grant him any of the grace that I denied Mac early on.

SOA: I don't remember any of his D2 content. I need to hit his ISO hard tomorrow.

TSP: Same as SOA- nothing he's done recently stands out in my mind. I remember there being a claim, but was that Day 1 or early Day 2? I don't like losing sight of players.

Now about my vote. As it stands right now, it's 3-2-3 between Dolby, me, and SOA. I'm inclined to withhold my vote for now because:

1) I haven't finished ISOing, so I don't have everyone sorted into new groupings yet.

2) Voting for someone not on these three wagons doesn't appear to have merit just yet, and it just has a gross taste to it to me.

3) With four baddies alive and well, I don't want to nudge any train any further to the hammer point. I doubt the baddies would be so bold with two mischops still needed, but I'm not inclined to take any chances.

I'm voting No Vote for now to make my vote visually accounted for. I think that leaves SOA as the only vote unaccounted for.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:33 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:03 pm

Can you be more specific? Like, I feel its clear from my ISO why I suspect the players I do.

I've given why I TR NAA, Sloon (before getting poisoned), and Marmot. Are you asking about if I have other TRs beyond them?

It's hard for me to see Johanna as Maf. She feels like she's earnestly trying to solve the game, not steer or direct it. Ditto Dizzy. They both feel genuine in their approach and their reads feel like they're the product of genuine reflection on players and their interactions.

TSP actually I've not really paid attention to. Between the claim, or lack of thread presence...GTH I'd say he's town as well, cuz' he often pushes my mislynch when he's Maf

That's great that you can provide reasons for townreading people, but you need to form some reasons for why your POE is your POE beyond "I don't townread them" and post that. Why is each person in your POE suspicious enough to be considered for today's chop? Maybe everyone should do that too. Fun exercise.
My Banners:
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

"NAA: Man do I still get the Mac vibes. Such a pure comparison in my mind, and I remember never giving Mac the benefit of the doubt for at least a year or more. I don't want to make the same mistake and brand NAA someone to be dealt with, but I also need to remember that just because NAA gives me Mac vibes doesn't mean I should grant him any of the grace that I denied Mac early on."

@G-Man I don't hate this comparison, I personally think Mac is one of the easiest players to understand intention and integrate with (from video Mafia experience).
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:33 pm Can you be more specific? Like, I feel its clear from my ISO why I suspect the players I do.

I am not worried about reasons for your suspicions. I want to know reasons for your trust. I don't really see it in your ISO, no, at least not clearly. I see a single trustfall exercise on Day 2, but that's for reasond to trust everyone. Why did you trust Sloonei before he became confirmed? Why do you trust Marmot?

If you are not mafia, then I end up in a place where ilario seems like he has to be mafia. And if ilario is mafia, then that at least opens the door for Dyslexicon to be mafia. The game kind of hinges on this problem, and it's why I have you as the least confident of the four names on the mafia list.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My "tinfoil team" would be Dolby, SoA, ilario, Dizzy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:18 pm Are the progressions behind your spoiler tags? (sorry, ISOing so I didn't click to open the tags yet)

Do you explain the shift from yellow to orange for SOA to Dolby and to me? Same question for the shift from light green to yellow between falcon and SOA?
Yes, in each of those posts the spoilers contain all or most of the posts made by the players in question about each other within a single compatibility analysis. The most significant change from the first time I tried is that I was harsher in my assessment of Son of Anarch's connections, and I explain why in the non-spoiled text for each SoA interaction.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@NotAnAxehole I know you weren't sold on falcon being mafia, and I am not entirely sold either. Are you mostly inclined to insert ilario in his place, or is there more to your current view?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:10 pm Here's every player sorted by post count on Day 3

Dyslexicon - 113
JaggedJimmyJay - 106
Marmot - 68
NotAnAxehole - 48
TonyStarkPrime - 43
Johanna - 36
falcon45ca - 17
ilario - 13
G-Man - 9
Son of Anarch - 9
Dolby - 0

PoE is still at the bottom
ilario can also be noted low on this one :ninja:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Marmot wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:32 pm
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:33 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:31 pm
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:28 pm I think the best piece of evidence I can give to clear myself is that if I was mafia I would just poison myself so I don’t have to read NAAs posts anymore
What?

Do you think he's Maf or Town?
I think He’s town which is why I’m looking for that sweet poison to put me out of my misery

Is it because you're in it? Maybe I've missed it, but this sort of posting completely doesn't jive with what I've seen from you throughout this game

(also I selfishly don't want you posioned cuz you're a fun chap)

Awww thanks I like playing with you too :)

Yes u can rest assured I’m with you on the town train ;)
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:39 pm @Johanna and @ilario I'd be appreciative if you could each tell me how you feel about/read each other.
It’s hard for me to gauge how experienced she is, she seems to have played a lot of games so maybe I was too quick to lock her in as town. I think she’s more towny than our poe slots fwiw
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Also, her thinking I could have been pocketing her is kinda a towny mindset. I think as mafia she would just accept me tr on her and let it be
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I feel like G-Man and SoA are walking on eggshells every time they interact with me. That's less the case with Dolby and falcon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Also if anyone cc’s tsp just know that I’ll 100% believe your claim over him so if there is a fruit vendor out there can you pls pls pls claim lol
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:01 pm I prefer Dolby over G-Man over SOA. Like, it may matter a lot, but it also may not matter at all.
okayyyyy i trust ur judgement

vote:dolby
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:15 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:23 pm Maybe dumb read, but Dolby seemed the most bothered about "the triad" and even dubbed it as so. And then spf and Sloonei is poisoned. MANY CONVENE MUCH SUSPICIOUS
This actually moves me a bit, so I don't think it's dumb. I can also note that Dolby has chosen me (quite specifically me, while still strongly town reading Sloonei) as the member of the triad to tinfoil.

Here I am, alive and unpoisoned.
Lol this is a towny perspective
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:04 pm @NotAnAxehole I know you weren't sold on falcon being mafia, and I am not entirely sold either. Are you mostly inclined to insert ilario in his place, or is there more to your current view?
Yeah, I mostly see falcon SoA as incompatible. I need to review why maybe, but it was a confident read.

Ilario in that slot makes a lot of sense.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:04 pm @NotAnAxehole I know you weren't sold on falcon being mafia, and I am not entirely sold either. Are you mostly inclined to insert ilario in his place, or is there more to your current view?
Yeah, I mostly see falcon SoA as incompatible. I need to review why maybe, but it was a confident read.

Ilario in that slot makes a lot of sense.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Also, to explain my general lack of tinfoil outside of trolling you...

I don't really get sneaky suspicions or tinfoil that I might be wrong, I just understand that I might be wrong and don't care.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Gmans recent posts have been pretty decent, decent enough for me to want to reconsider my read on him actually
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do ilario and Dolby fit together as mafia teammates?

From ilario

ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:32 pm Exercise for all:

Please tell me how many mafia are contained in the set of zero posters?

[Dolby, G-Man, Johanna]
I’ll know the answer once they start posting :p
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:19 pm Well it’s 2am here and imma go sleep. I have class early tomorrow but I’ll probably be able to get in for a bit to put a vote down. A lot can change between now and then and rather putting an uninformed vote I’m gonna trust my vote to the triad. @Son of Anarch @Dyslexicon my vote is all yours just ping me with your thoughts sometime towards eod and I’m Happy to sheep for today.

My only person poe rn probably looks
Something like tsp/lime(sadly this might be the first time I sr you on a day 1 like ever so I hope I’m not wrong)/maybe falcon or dolby, potentially sig?

But yeah I’d imagine a lot will change from now till eod so imma ride it out with the triad.
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:43 am And then afterwards I’d probably explore into falcon/Dolby
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:34 pm Oh well I just voted:gman and I see that my top towns and sloonei are on Dolby, if y’all want me to change lmk
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:13 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:01 pm I prefer Dolby over G-Man over SOA. Like, it may matter a lot, but it also may not matter at all.
okayyyyy i trust ur judgement

vote:dolby

The last post there just happened moments ago, so take with a mountain of salt. Otherwise this is nothing and doesn't leave me especially comfortable.

From Dolby

Dolby wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am Dizzy - looking back I think that some of the stuff that I'm worried about with JJJ applies here
falcon - don't remember a word they've said rn
G-man - same
ilario - towny, triad 2 posts better than posts near start of game
JJJ - have some level of paranoia towards here. This is most relevant in a world where G-Man and Jo are both town
Johanna - null. I don't think their day two entrance changes anything for me wrt to her either (there may be good JJJ points here). The only thing that looks even remotely bad is her characterization of TSP's behavior.
LC - vibes
Marmot - can be town
NAA - hank_scorpio_fire.gif
SOA - vibes
Sloonei - probs good
TSP - town (obv)

gn
Dolby wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:16 pm TSP
NAA
Johanna - having played with Jo in dozens of games, and given that she isn't a fish out of water rn, I'm pretty confident in her confidence
Ilario - can explain more but something just tells me this isn't scum

idk who my next two town would be but they don't have the same level of confidence as the above
Dolby wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:25 pm @falcon45ca why is your vote on ilario?

Town read with no expansion. Take it or leave it I guess.

~~~

Do they fit?

I see no reason here why they can't be mafia teammates.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:57 pm Tripping up a little over Ilario. For me, they are about a 75% null read. It's a new face to me, in a game full of new faces to me, so it's tough.

This post...
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:42 pm Fwiw I think it’s a dangerous road to go down if we already expect the zero posters to be scum heavy, or set an expectation that there’s a high number of scum in the zero posters. Whilst I feel good about the towncore atm the best indicator of that we are going astray would be if the zero posters come in and start towntelling. But I feel as though if we already have an arbitrary expectation that the zero posters will be scum heavy then we set ourselves to a bias and almost predispose ourselves to finding them more scummy than they actually might be once they do start speaking. I think if you approach someone with the mentality of thinking they’re likely to be scum then you’re more likely to misread them.
...I like more on the ISO review, because it's an honest assessment of the potential pitfalls of all the TR lovefest vibes from the first half of Day 1. I don't know that I would bother stringing something like that together if I was a baddie.

I do have a question for @ilario however:

You've been pretty agreeable with the consensus that I am a good chop choice, but why? If it's simply because you've already filled too many civvie slots with other people in your mind, haven't you betrayed your aforementioned admonition? Point to something qualitative that suggests I am a baddie. Otherwise, it seems like you're glomming along with me as an easy chop, which makes me want to hold you in my POE still.
LOLLLLL that’s trippy that I see this post from you right after I made a post walking back my read on you. Honestly my original viewpoint on you was that I had almost no reason to tr you for, and then I saw some of your posts on this page(57) and now I’m not sure
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:18 pm @ilario just for the log, is Son of Anarch still a town read?
He’s been trending down and down

But that’s mostly because others are trending up and not so much due to the fact that he has done anything I find to be scummy

I think falcons reasoning for all his votes, like his recent vote on gman are all incredibly shallow and in a world where falcon is scum I feel better about soa

Return to “Previous Heists”