Easter Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 190

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 5]

Post by lapluie »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:01 pm It's kind of a bummer that lap claimed when she did. Not that she did anything wrong, she couldn't have known I was about to come into the thread and roleclaim 30 minutes later. Just lamenting the coincidence is all.

annnnnnd that's why I don't last mafia games
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 190

Post by lapluie »

wolbre04 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:15 pm C'mon town let's get it! :clap:
cheers on (/^-^)/* ☆ *\(^-^\)
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:31 pm Difficult decisions ahead. If you, dear reader, are a civilian, I'd better see fire and dragons. I will do my part.
Not a difficult decision for me lol. If only you could see it from my perspective... I guess my responsibility is to try as hard as I can to get you to see it from my perspective. I do feel that my ISO of Scotty points out a lot of convincing arguments though so I'd recommend starting there.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:31 pm Difficult decisions ahead. If you, dear reader, are a civilian, I'd better see fire and dragons. I will do my part.
Not a difficult decision for me lol. If only you could see it from my perspective... I guess my responsibility is to try as hard as I can to get you to see it from my perspective. I do feel that my ISO of Scotty points out a lot of convincing arguments though so I'd recommend starting there.
I'm not getting to the finish line without quadruple checking Dizzy too.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:36 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:01 pm It's kind of a bummer that lap claimed when she did. Not that she did anything wrong, she couldn't have known I was about to come into the thread and roleclaim 30 minutes later. Just lamenting the coincidence is all.

annnnnnd that's why I don't last mafia games
I'm next! :scared:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Players who talking about nova Night 1:

Dizzy:
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:25 am
novaselinenever wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:54 pmYeah sure, I do.
Alright. I asked, because my first impression of you was that you had rolled mafia and was excited about it and wanted to do a good job. Meow.
Responds to a question from nova. I don't really understand this.
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:38 am I'd say something like this:

Town:
Kylemii - Really like tone and interaction with choutas seems honest.
Lapluie - Like the tone, and I like to sheep Quin.
Quin - Probably town unless weird bussing.
Jimmeey - Probably town for a number of reasons.

More town than not:
Colin- Kind of purposfully exaggerated my read here to get something out of him. Haven't really made my mind up, but meh.
Wolbre - On the surface doesn't really look super good, but I definitely think they feel different from last game when they were scum.

In the POE:
Eloh - Little to go on. Throwaway vote.
Epig - Practically nothing. Where are you at? Talk about stuff.
Marmot - I will smell his urine to learn what he ate for breakfast.
MP - I actually really dislike the end of day. Seems really apathetic towards Choutas. Other players noted Choutas supposedly eager to get the game going but then doing nothing about it. MP did not take note of this, and he's a strong enough player to notice as town. The switch doesn't look good either.
Scotty - Pretty meh compared to last game when he was town. Not much to go on, but no actual suspicios stuff imo.
Nova - Not much here either. Still hold a small gut suspicion from early game.
Floyd - No show.

I'm mostly eyeing MP, Nova and Marmot. Epig also needs to do something.
Lists nova at the bottom of her rainbow.

JaggedJimmyJay:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:08 pm Interactive rainbow:

Kylemii

Scotty
Quin
Dyslexicon
ColinIsCool

M Plus 7
wolbre07

Elohcin
Charlie Blackmon
lapluie
Marmot
novaselinenever
TheFloyd73
Lists nova near the bottom of his rainbow after his Choutas-interactive analysis
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:13 pm
Quin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 pm What does this look like when you factor in existing reads?
Scotty loses some ground. MP gains some ground. I might be kinder to Elohcin and lapluie.

The one I struggle with most in my gut is nova.
Jay responds to a question from Quin about nova.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:05 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:02 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:13 pm
Quin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 pm What does this look like when you factor in existing reads?
The one I struggle with most in my gut is nova.
Could you expand on your struggle with me?
I think your early interactions with Quin and I looked nice, but you've had nothing since then and played no part in the lynch. You left your vote on me all day.
Jay explains his beef with nova.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:27 pm nova has done nothing since his earliest spat with Quin and I. High suspect.

Charlie Baseball has done nothing since he did nothing. High suspect.

wolbre04 has problem moments, and someone needs to check his ISO against the one he produced in Ass Class.
Restates his suspicion of nova near the end of the night phase.

nutella/Floyd: nothing yet

Scotty:
Scotty wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:03 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 am
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:55 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:25 pm Here's My Reads list, I'll try to provide a small quip next to each one (just in the order i saw them)
Order of the Manboob
Wolbre04 - lord and savior
JJJ - t/t argument with MP7, me and Lilefer have a similar way of playing as t/t against each other

Knights of the Nipple

Kyle
Lapluie - compared to a previous civ game, u look good
Colin
Quin
Nova - fine except that JJJ vote
MP7 - Argument with Jay seems t/t
Marmot/Mac - got us info that makes laplui look pretty good
Quin

Charlie Black Man - baseball guy who isn't actually a black man
Choutas - his meta is low posting and not being around much
Dizzy - dont like your vote on JJJ
Scotty - always wants me dead
Choutas - Who is she

Sekiy
Elohcin
Floyd - Who is she

really exhausted tbh, ima get some sleep, cya guys later
Choutas is in this rainbow twice.

Choutas - his meta is low posting and not being around much
Choutas - Who is she

wolbre, what in the world does this mean? You wrote off that Choutas has the meta of low-posting, and asked who she was??
I'm green in there despite my vote on JJJ being bad according to him. That vote and case I have on JJJ are the only contribution I had D1.
Bing bong. This is basically an antidefense for himself. Nova had no interaction with choutas and felt almost as empty as choutas. I could very well vote here tomorrow if nothing else is inspiring me. But I feel inspired in general and it’s not the xanax
Scotty states his desire to vote nova the next day.

Players who talking about Kyle Night 2:

Dizzy:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:13 pm Being the generous type that I am, I'll just say Jimmeey, Kyle, MP and Colin for town.
A generous town read for Kyle.

JaggedJimmyJay:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 pm nutella good
Scotty good
MP good
Dizzy good
Kyle good
lapluie good

Colin tinfoil

Marmot no
Epignosis no
Elohcin no
Townread for Kyle.

nutella:
nutella wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:21 pm fresh artisanal wood-fired rainbow comin in hot (G hasn't even sent me my role yet lmao so these are ultra genuine)

JaggedJimmyJay
Dyslexicon

Quin
lapluie
Kylemii

ColinIsCool
Charlie Blacknosis
Scotty

Marmot
M Plus 7

Elohcin

These are super weak though all around I've changed my mind multiple times on most people while reading the thread. For example when I read most of day 1 I was 100% civ on MP, but he has some bad looks around how the Choutas lynch eventually went down. Can't really decide how I feel about Marmot either.

Now just to find out my alignment. :mafia:
Kyle is right in the middle of her rainbow.
nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:02 pm Ugh pretty much none of the choutas interactions are conclusive either way. I'll GTH it.

These are GTH reads almost solely based on the choutas interactions:
Colin: town
Dys: town
Eloh: bad
Epi: bad
Jay: town
Kyle: town
Lap: town
MP: bad
Marmot: bad
Quin: town
Scotty: town

Several of the town ones are still plausible though. Ugh too many possibilities when there are really only 2 teammates.
GTH reads Kyle as town.

Scotty: nothing

Players who talking about MP7 Night 3:

Dizzy:
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:51 am I think my town pool that I'm more comfortable with now is lapluie, MP, Scotty and Quin. And I'm wondering if that is strange. o.o
Lists MP in her town pool.

JaggedJimmyJay:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:10 am I'm open to new cases like those just presented for MP and Dizzy. I'll have to think about it from a distance, because I still can't be here much today.

I also think that if there are civilian power roles finding themselves consistently called suspects, they need to consider claiming (post-night phase), and early enough to give everyone a chance to re-orient before the deadline. Even if not, y'all need to make sure your information gets into this thread as clearly as you feel you can safely get it here. Nothing will frustrate me more than someone being lynched who should have been confirmed civilian.
Acknowledges the case against MP, and that's about it. Not a great look.

nutella: nothing

Scotty:
Scotty wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:18 am Sockface had a revelation and was led hand to mouth from marmot to Elo:
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:21 pm I'm switching to Elo for now to make sure these wagons are competitive.

[VOTE: ELOHCIN] aubergine
“Make the wagons competitive”- still reads marmot and Elo as bad here.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:30 pm
Quin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:20 pm Quin, why are you town reading Elo and Marmot?
clean slate. i have no read on marmot anymore. :smile:
Yeah, I'm doing the same. Despite flipping on both of them throughout the game, in looking through their ISOs, I'm realizing that neither of one of them looks particularly great by any means.
I dunno but A does not organically lead to B. He just read both as bad, but nods along with Quin in having a “clean slate”, habing no read on marmot, followed in the same thought by “neither [elo or marmot] look great”

Where did this change of heart come from, and why does it just feel like MP sneezed out his marmot boogie at the drop of a cat?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:20 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:00 pm [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

This is still my preference. I have more active suspicion of him than I do of Elohcin.
Can you explain your thoughts regarding both of them, like if they are each alignment? I'm just curious what all you are considering in your assessments for each.
Marmot inherited Mac, and I didn't care for Mac on Day 1. He received suspicion and did nothing more than laugh at it, and then Choutas said that "Mac is right in the role" thing which continues to show itself brightly when I review this game. Marmot himself is generally off-meta, has given considerable focus to his suspicion of you (which, despite his considerable effort, I still don't understand with clarity), and his Choutas vote was crappy at face value. On the other hand, I can respect the effort he has given, and it's easier to believe he is trying to solve the game than some others in the poll. That can only go so far, but it's something.

The best thing I can say for Elohcin is that she didn't capitalize on her opportunity to get me lynched on Day 1. At this point that isn't such a standout thing though, and I have no reason to believe she has a vested interest in solving the game. That may not be so abnormal for her, but I cannot give her a break when my POE pool has become relatively limited with her in it.

I have active suspicion of Marmot. For Elohcin, it's more an absence of good things.
Cool, thanks. We're on similar pages.
Are you? So you have an active suspicion of marmot here but are just meh about Elo’s activity? What about that clean slate?
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:46 pm After reading Elo's ISO and quickly skimming Marmot's ISO, I think I'd rather lynch Elo than Marmot, but it's a tough call.
More overjustificaion of leaving marmot for Elo.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:54 pm If Elo and Marmot are both scum, that'd be amazing.
But still onboard the marmot bad train.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 pm Actually, I'd maybe even bump Marmot up to yellow instead of red on my PoE rainbow after digging into the ISO some more. Some of it does seem like sincere hunting.
Ope! Out of left field, and it isn’t even Charlie (It’s more like Justin Upton or something) Marmot has progressed further up his rainbow because “some of it does seem like sincere hunting.” Lol but not all of it.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 pm Y'all should give me a four-name POE pool.
Hmmmm...

Charlie Epignosis
ColinIsCool
Elohcin
Marmot

I could swap in you for Marmot at this stage; I feel relatively similarly about you both.
And NOW he would even switch out Marmot for JJJ, who he has done a compete 180 on today.

Soon, Marmot will be greener than a cow on iceskates in his rainbow, and jjj will be the devil again.

This all looks infinitely bad if Marmot is an waster bubby and not quite as incriminating if he isn’t, but think- of both marmot and Elo are both civ and MP knows it, would this progression make sense from a scum MP mindset?

I’m tired and I might be smoking crack right now on the subject, but it’s frog for thought
Scotty wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:03 am All of Colin, Marmot, Mp and Quin can’t be bad, so this is slightly frustrating.

I think we should just lynch colin tomorrow and run from there. @nutella @M Plus 7
Scotty assembles a large case against MP7 right after Elohcin is lynched. Good look for Scotty, putting effort into casing a player that was going to be nightkilled.
Scotty wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:29 pm If I die tonight, look at Epi, Quin and MP on top of Colon.

I feel good about dys, jjj and nutella, though I’m curious to hear out why JJj finds nutella murky.
Against, says we should look at MP if he dies.

I'm not looking at Night 4, lapluie was the roleclaimed cop and the obvious kill.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Based on these, nutella looks the worst.

I like Scotty's building a case against MP Night 3. I think that's a good look for him.

Jay had some good moments on Night 1, while Nights 2 and 3 were less inspiring.

Dizzy listed nova as top scumread as well, and 2 and 3 are also mediocre.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:04 am Based on these, nutella looks the worst.
why?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't see why Scotty casing MP right before killing him is a great look. Easy nk-distancing/wifom move; your interpretation is just what he wanted
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

well shit, this isn’t what I wanted to come back to. Guys, I feel like I’m dropping the ball this week in a big way by being AWOL as fuck so I’ll do what I can to prove myself here later tonight and Monday. My schedule has been far too unkind to me, but I promise to be around and go back thru and answer whatever questions you may have for me
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:10 am I don't see why Scotty casing MP right before killing him is a great look. Easy nk-distancing/wifom move; your interpretation is just what he wanted
I disagree, if I'm bad and going to take the time and effort to case someone, I'm not going to nightkill them immediately after doing so. Then I'm left with a blank slate the next day, and some wasted effort.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 487

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ok, can we lynch Scotty now?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:28 pm Ok, can we lynch Scotty now?
I need you to help me to decide it’s not nutella. I know you said you don’t know if you can, but please try.

I’ve been out today and unable to do my own stuff. I do have one more idea for analysis though which I’ll attempt later and anyone else feeling a need for direction can also try:

The game has ended. The civilians have lost and discovered that the real mafioso was X. How could we miss it? How could we let them get away with ________?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 344

Post by ColinIsCool »

I can take a swing at that one Jim but I’m not sure you’ll like my answers.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game has ended. The civilians have lost and discovered that the real mafioso was nutella. How could we miss it? How could we let her get away with:
nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:45 am
Scotty wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:20 am Rip wolbre, hi nutella!

I think I like you. Can you expand on why Elo is at the bottom for you?
Her flip flop on Jay on day 1, the way she said she would have voted for choutas, saying "my heart's not in it", those are the main things that stick out. But honestly looking at her iso again I could see townies Eloh. I think I often read her backwards so idk

I'm feeling the same kind of paranoia I felt in Fiddler where I want to tinfoil those who were initially my top civ reads. Like actually I could flip my whole rainbow upside-down. I think I need to re-read the choutas interaction analyses to get some better direction on who to look at.
nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:48 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:21 am Nut, out of curiousity - how did you read Wolbre?
I was kind of torn. His hyper-defensiveness looked bad, but having not really played with him before (outside of before he died n1 in upick), I wondered if it was genuine/town. Then he actually did some legit hunting work which looked a lot better. I was hoping he would flip bad, mostly because I thought the Quin lynch was a bad idea so I was hoping for a productive alternative, but I wasn't too surprised at the flip. And honestly that whole EOD has me rethinking my Quin read.
nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:24 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:11 pm @nutella you said you can't decide on your read of me, but I'm listed as medium-strong scum in your rainbow. Why?
Your choutas interaction looked gth bad, your participation/style is abnormal, couple other factors I think but I can see you either way.
nutella wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:55 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 pm I don’t know about Jay you guys. Would he make a legacy post that long, for the second time in the game, if he were scum? My instinct and knowledge of him as a player tells me he’d put the effort to try to frame somebody else instead or something.
This for example.

You’ve expressed unease about me given the way I play. That’s fine. Considering that though, I struggle to understand why my legacy posts, which were inspirational in nature and did not contain actual reads, would be sufficient to alleviate the tinfoil you otherwise tend to project about me. Within that framework this seems a tenuous defense of me.
Hmm ok
I guess just because it seems like, knowing you, you’ve said before that scum need to just be able to survive the noose right no matter what that’s their most important goal so I think with that in mind if you were scum you would be actively trying to do that in a different way like saying oh lynch this person instead here’s a big fucking case you know. Instead of being like ... yall if my ass gets murdered here are your instrucfions before leaving earth. I bet that doesnt make sense but thats the thinking. I mean you can do WIFOM but idk get that shit outta here
actually a fair point. I think Jay's response to MP's and my suspicion/intent to lynch him makes him look more town atm, I'm just... very afraid that he could easily fake that classic jay supatown behavior. Like I said earlier I'm kind of in paranoid-tinfoily mode and just won't feel right until I know his alignment for sure, but I will probably end up on a more reasonable candidate (eloh or marmot) by eod.
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 am Something fascinating has just happened to me. It has actually happened to me before, but now that I'm noticing it again I am rather intrigued by its effect. What just happened is that I abruptly and confidently called Charlinosis bad, had a back-and-forth with him about it and looked at his ISO to explore my suspicion, and I came out just now deciding that I town read him. Actually pretty dang strongly at the moment. I guess it's just that it took the motive of looking for suspicious things (but again needing to have not too much confirmation bias for this to work) in order for me to actually go into his ISO and realize that I saw most of it in a pretty good light. It was partially the ISO and partially his responses in the moment that convinced me to change my view.

The strange thing, however, is that the other time I am thinking of that a similar thing happened was with Elohcin in U-Pick, and she turned out to be bad. Granted, my confidence on her civ-ness didn't stay very strong; I'll just have to wait and see what happens with Charlie Brown here but I hope I am not similarly fooled. At the moment I am feeling confident enough that his ISO looks civ that I believe this is a quite different situation from what happened with Elohcin in the other game.

Perhaps I should try to do this with other players and see if it works. If I go in assuming they're bad, and I come out of an ISO unable to sustain that, I'm on my way to a foolproof PoE.

Anyway, Epi isn't bad.
nutella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:38 am ok, this review convinces me that your exercise had productive intentions (and is in fact similar to what I said I should do earlier -- isoing people and seeing how easy or hard it is to find suspicious content). I still think it's something you would absolutely do as mafia to keep up appearances. Maybe I'm just scarred from Mountains with the GTH exercise.
So many reads buried in hedging, ifs, and buts. Everything is subject to change when the direction of conversation makes it seem necessary.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Something happened to me while I compiled that, and I think we're going to win the game now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 207

Post by Epignosis »

You're so fucking full of shit Jay.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:40 pm Something happened to me while I compiled that, and I think we're going to win the game now.
Like what happened to me with Epi? :grin:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game has ended. The civilians have lost and discovered that the real mafioso was Scotty. How could we miss it? How could we let him get away with:
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:27 am That jjj got 3 votes so easily in the first half of day 1 and still is the leading Potential Rabbit (tm) leads me to believe that it’s too easy.

Especially nova’s vote.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Quin and jjj just got into a semantics despute. Nova’s vote is a thumb getting caught in a drawer
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:18 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am Wait, did Elo never actually vote Jay? That's odd.
Oh ho. So really, there should be 5 votes on JJJ.

Yeah, I’m avoidig this train like hot fire. Way too easy

@G-Man is it possible to update everyone’s ISO when you get a chance? Everyone has posted but Floyd
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:19 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am Wait, did Elo never actually vote Jay? That's odd.

@G-Man is it possible to update everyone’s ISO when you get a chance? Everyone has posted but Floyd
Normally I'd be in 100% agreement with you. But something's off with Jay this game, and I've tried to articulate why I think that makes him look bad. What do you think of what I've highlighted?
My initial thought during the Quin/JJJ spat was that they look civ. That hasn’t changed.

I agree with your assessment that jjj engaged with Elo and Quin and essentially no-u’d them, but he didn’t hide that fact either. I think he’s backing up his reasoning and is feeling cagey. Which I don’t blame him for- I’d probably be like that too as the front runner on D1.

I think I have to look at the votes on him first and foremost, because I can’t shake he feeling that he has too many errant votes for bs reasons on him. I don’t like nova’s vote, and I don’t even know why dizzy is voting there. Now you’ve come to the conclusion that he’s bad, and there’s a recipe for a mislynch in a 13 Person game.

Unless everyone votig for JJJ right now is town and we’ve just solved the game lol

But nah.
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:21 pm Someone else get on Floyd please. JJJ should not be lynched day 1
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 pm I missed EoD but I ain’t mad choutas got the axe.

As long as y’all got off JJJ :beer:
Scotty wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:29 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:04 am Wolbre and Jay teammates
Agreed. Marmot's teammates identified.
I can’t get this quote from marmot’s entrance out of my head. I strongly feel like jjj is town this game, so I don’t think Marmot called out his scummates here. But I currently suspect wolbre and wouldn’t be surprised if Marmot threw in one of his teammates in this too. Marmot votes choutas end of day, wolbre voted early before vhoutas even had votes. Coming in from different angles to form an isosceles triangle. I can see it
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 am I’m Shirt on time but nova’s kill is odd to say the least. Looks like he didn’t have many strong accusations except maybe wolbre. Can’t really link the kill to anyone

It might be too easy but I’m gonna start with a vote for [VOTE: wolbre] aubergine

But am also up for either marmot or MP.

I don’t wanna limit it to just them tho. I don’t wanna feel like I’ve been bamboozled by seemingly town looking players- that’s trouvle. But I currently have no reason to suspect jjj. Lol that’ll probably come in day 4 when he’s stil pumpkins water on the cistern and hasn’t been NK’d

Will check back later in the day
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:18 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:38 pm @Everybody

Only two bad guys remain. It may seem early, but POE is your friend. If you can narrow the pool down to about five suspects, you're giving yourself a great opportunity. If you can't, then you have alerted yourself to the investigative pursuits you need to work on. With 2 mafia alive against 11 civilians, we can mislynch four times before arriving at a LyLo phase (assuming no prevented kills and no shenanigans). Also be aware that the presence of a temporarily lynch-immune bad guy can interfere with that considerably.
I forgot that no-lynch role was in and just had a thought- what if the teammate bussed that player early to get him lynched and gain civ credit? Would that even be worth it?
This crossed my mind too, with the theory that Jay lynched Choutas to give himself an incredibly amound of civ cred. Additionally, Jay is the Cadbury bunny, meaning he has one more teammate that is unlynchable, and since we're probably not lynching Jay anytime soon, they'll cruise for a while.

But this is so tinfoil, I'm not gonna ready to embrace it.
That tinfoil is so sharp you can cut diamonds
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:31 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:46 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:31 pm Yikes this weekend is going to be a drag for a lot of people. I know I’m rather occupied right now, but it’s not a time to be stagnant.

Quick, someone talk about why mp is suspicious before he gets back!
Lynch Jay with me.
You’re being manic right now where your sock is about to unravel, and I like it.

[VOTE: Jay] aubergine
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:01 pm I’d rsther do a Colin lynch today, but Mp is very convincing.
It’s not even what he’s saying, it’s how he’s saying it
Scotty wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:19 am So I’m currently voting for JJJ and read him as good.
Funny that.
Scotty wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:08 pm Another thing I thought of is that I don’t find MP’s massive tunneling on JJJ that beneficial if he’s mafia because he’s stuck his neck out and made himself a huge target if he’s wrong. The only benefit is possibly mislynching jjj who can be a force to be reckoned with as town.
Scotty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:48 pm Ok the last few pages as I’m reading them is a big ole oscillation of reads, and I see it started by Epi coming out swinging. He’s seems like he’s flailing looking for more suspects

I feel like Nutella is all over the place but I read her as town as fuck so far and even though it’s probanly confusing the town the more her reads change on a dime, I’m calling her as mucho town read.

JJJ lasting long into the game is something that I remember irked me subconsciously in Ass class, when he was unbelievably town, yet I was convinced he was bad even after the game ended. The difference here is that if he was bad, he would have totally thrown someone under the bus seemingly out of left field so the options here are 1) he spidey sensed that shit D1 or 2) he did something he confesses he would never do as mafia D1 and has been pulling back afterwards deliberately. I’m in the summer camp of divine JJJ who’s just been off his mark the pet few days.
Scotty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 am What a fucking end of day to miss! Good job boyos and thank god you were all right. JJJ coming in hot with that catch at the end.

There is no way in hell that JJJ is bad after that EoD. Surprisingly, Dys looked the worst after I left and in hindsight, next to Quin. I’ll take a detailed look at Colin interactions tomorrow. Everything he’s said in the past day is complete WIFOM and shouldn’t be taken at face value, or even below the belt value, but before he was the main lynch candidate should be entirely enlightening.

So I guess what I’m saying is: let’s lynch marmot tomorrow k
This guy TMI'd me worse than Colin did. It's blatant.

Even when he voted for me he knew I was a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:40 pm Something happened to me while I compiled that, and I think we're going to win the game now.
Like what happened to me with Epi? :grin:
I still don't understand that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Charlie Blackmon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:04 pm You're so fucking full of shit Jay.
What I'm full of is a hatred of losing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:11 pm
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:04 pm You're so fucking full of shit Jay.
What I'm full of is a hatred of losing.
I get what you're doing now. I'll leave you to it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I suspect Scotty considerably more than I suspect nutella.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Look how much Scotty suspects Choutas and Colin:
Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:29 pm
Choutas wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:14 pm
Choutas wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:01 pm I use chrome maybe its a settings issue.
Anyhow lets get to business.
Cool. What do you think of rabbits?

Also, the game
Theyre cute but they make terrible meat so a no for me.
The game has started in a mild manner we need to stir things up. Force people to read others.

As for Day one Mac i think hes right into the role.
Are you looking to stir things up? Because “he’s right into the role” ain’t stirring shit

Whatever right into the role means
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:27 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:24 pm Scotty, Floyd can be and is likely to be replaced though. How about someone else?
We don’t know that. In any case, I like where my vote is regardless.

If there were another option, I’d say Elo or choutus
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 pm I missed EoD but I ain’t mad choutas got the axe.

Big Fat ISO ending with a bad lean on Colin
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 5:07 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:13 pm That’s not a defense. It’s an acknowledgement that he’s lower on my list than some, but not as low as others — hardly an endorsement for his town portfolio.
A cow painted purple is still a cow
Scotty has his cyclops eye on Colin
Scotty wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:27 pm [VOTE: Elo] aubergine

I think her buddy Colin saved her yesterday and my suspicion hasn’t abated for her, so...one of them

Will take a look at voting patterns more tomorrow

I would avoid Quin altogether. I don’t think he’s bad unlesssssss he is the white bunny who can’t be lynched. That’s the only reason I would see for him to self vote at that point (I don’t remember how many votes he had in my reread)
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:15 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:31 pm You’re gonna have to flesh that tinfoil out a little bit, Scotty.
It’s wax paper, not tin foil.

I’ll get to it tomorrow but even still, why are you acting so surprised?
Why wouldn’t I be surprised...?
I’ve already called you out on things yesterday so it seems like you’re taking my accusation as if it’s out of the blue, when in reality I know you’re playing dumb because you responded to it
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:28 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:14 pm What makes Scotty town again? : p
For me it’s that he seems pretty similar to his town play in AG the more I see of it, but he’s going to have to flesh out some of these ideas he has and soon.
I’ve already said I think you look suspicious for how you subtly defended choutas on day 1 by proffering that there were better options while rolling your eyes and placing a vote there. You showed up to a friend’s house, and when he handed you a cold refreshing glass of Sunny D, you told him you’d drink it even though it tastes like cat urine
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:04 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:00 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:28 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:14 pm What makes Scotty town again? : p
For me it’s that he seems pretty similar to his town play in AG the more I see of it, but he’s going to have to flesh out some of these ideas he has and soon.
I’ve already said I think you look suspicious for how you subtly defended choutas on day 1 by proffering that there were better options while rolling your eyes and placing a vote there. You showed up to a friend’s house, and when he handed you a cold refreshing glass of Sunny D, you told him you’d drink it even though it tastes like cat urine
And I’ve already said that I didn’t defend Choutas. What time would you like us to repeat this exchange tomorrow?
:suspish:
That you can’t own up that you even softly defended him is beyond me. Like, it’s ok if you did defend him, everyone does that. But you’re so guarded about it

Who is your scummate
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:01 pm I’d rsther do a Colin lynch today, but Mp is very convincing.
Scotty wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:19 am ALIVE:
ColinIsCool - BAD
Dyslexicon - GOOD
Elohcin - BAD
Epignosis - BAD
JaggedJimmyJay - GOOD
lapluie - GOOD
M Plus 7 - GOOD
Marmot (Replaced MacDougall) - BAD
Nutella (Replaced TheFloyd73) - GOOD
Quin - GOOD
Scotty - GOD
Scotty analyzes Elohcin and Colin interactions while both are still unknown alignments

Look at all the votes Scotty placed for Choutas and Colin:
Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:00 am [VOTE: choutas] aubergine

Eyyyyyyyy boi
His second post. He ended Day 1 on Floyd.

Twelve thumbs down.

There's a lot more I could reference, but I want to get this in before EON.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:15 pm Will read and respond more thru day but for now [VOTE: colin] aubergine
Pre-claim war, eventually became:
Scotty wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:11 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:05 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:50 pm
lapluie wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:47 pm GUYS what if Marmot left his breadcrumb trail for this very purpose for whichever power role seemed most appealing to claim as.

Think about it-

He claimed 20 minutes after lap claimed today, and the breadcrumbs he left were vague enough that it could have been for anything.

Also he claimed Gladys a while back, didn’t he? Why on earth would the doctor claim Gladys?
Wait when did marmot claimed gladys???
Unless I’m wrong and this isn’t actually a claim, this was day 2:
Marmot wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:58 pm If I am Gladys Campbell, Colin is a dentist.
That was a response to Jay doing the same thing, I was only protecting the real cop.
[VOTE: marmot] aubergine

The doctor protecting the cop is like paper beating scissors. It don’t make sense

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think her buddy Colin saved her yesterday and my suspicion hasn’t abated for her, so...one of them

I would avoid Quin altogether. I don’t think he’s bad unlesssssss he is the white bunny who can’t be lynched. That’s the only reason I would see for him to self vote at that point (I don’t remember how many votes he had in my reread)
I am vomiting.
I AM VOMITING.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

The Easter before this past year's, I vomited in four separate incidents in the early hours of the morning after a night of drinking too many drinks and eating too much (read: any) pizza. One of the spots I vomited in was right next to a church, across from the police station. I figured this was relevant to the game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:27 pm

I am vomiting.
I AM VOMITING.
Yes this is what I have been saying. He spent several days preaching about how bad Colin was but kept voting for people like Eloh instead.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:39 pm Yes this is what I have been saying. He spent several days preaching about how bad Colin was but kept voting for people like Eloh instead.
You have, yes. :srsnod:

I've had to find some measure of clarity, perhaps aided by removing Quin from the equation, to attain confidence of my own. I still intend to review Dizzy though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll vote Scotty. I don't have the strength to do elsewise.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Quin »

friendly reminder that if you don't win i'm burning this entire place to the ground
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

"Wake up!" the Cadbury Bunny shouted as he slapped their next victim. The man looked just as confused as all the others when he saw two rabbits staring daggers into the depths of his soul.

"This will be most enjoyable for me," Caerbannog snarled, "and most painful for you."

"That's right, punk," Cadbury cheered. "You think you're a big deal? You're nothing compared to Big C. Big C's gonna bring the pain down on your candy ass tonight!"

"Silence, candy peddler," Caerbannog roared. He circled around the man slowly, building up to his fatal strike. Like any good predaor, Caerbannog wasn't above toying with his prey.

"Now you will feel my wrath. For over a thousand years, your kind hunted me, destroyed my brethren, forced me underground. But no mow." Without realizing it, he slipped back into his native tongue. "Fe wnaf ichi deimlo boen yn annymunol. Byddaf yn eich gwneud yn gwenu fel plentyn ofnus."

"Do it man, do it!" Cadbury cheered.

"Dewch am drugaredd, pregethwr. Gall eich duw ei roi ond ni wnaf."

---------------------------------

Marmot was killed. He was Keith Shover, Christian protector.

It is now Day 6.

You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by ColinIsCool »

Finally.

[VOTE: COLIN] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine

He doesn't get a free pass. Look at his posts and decide.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:29 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:28 pm Ok, can we lynch Scotty now?
I need you to help me to decide it’s not nutella. I know you said you don’t know if you can, but please try.

I’ve been out today and unable to do my own stuff. I do have one more idea for analysis though which I’ll attempt later and anyone else feeling a need for direction can also try:

The game has ended. The civilians have lost and discovered that the real mafioso was X. How could we miss it? How could we let them get away with ________?
I will try. And I will try to become as secure as I can in my own opinion.

I've had a really involved weekend. I won't be able to do a lot of reading until later. But I promise to do my best, of course. I absolutely hate being left to the final decision. But yeah, it's a game, and I'll play it do the best of my ability.^^
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: scotty] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Charlie Blackmon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:02 pm [VOTE: JJJ] aubergine

He doesn't get a free pass. Look at his posts and decide.
he does not, and I will. I have a lot of reason to believe it is scotty though.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jimmey gets a free pass from me. Sue me. : p
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ok going back
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:27 pm I'm a little concerned that Quin seems to be the only one of the three who has given any remote consideration to a mafia JJJ -- technically I should be in this POE pool. It's been good to avoid that and improve the probability of a hit, but I haven't seen any paranoia about me from Scotty whatsoever, and it's only been a little bit during MP's tirade from nutella.
A couple things:
I didn’t want you gone D1 regardless and you had a healthy train of people trying to lynch you then, and it didn’t feel right. And yeah, I confessed around d4 that I was a bit paranoid that you weren’t killed yet:
Scotty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:48 pm But then the strategic thing would have been to kill JJj early, and yet here we are.

Killing Mp does make sense if the mafia is going after high posters, but if that’s the case, why is JJJ still alive too? I’m just always on high alert when he’s not dead by now especially after voting off mafia d1
But even still, it’s a far cry to call you a suspect. Your ability to guide people back from marmot is not something that I see an opportunist doing, so you shouldn’t even be in the pool because of it. If you are, we’ve lost and I’m ok with that because well done

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

You ever feel like you’ve shown up to your surprise party but it’s not your birthday and they’re all carrying guns?

It sucks man :(

Just so you know, a lot of my opinions are going to sound hollow and hypocritical because I haven’t been around to properly establish shit. Such is life.

But fuck that shit I don’t want to lose, y’all.

Why do we trust dys again? She came into Day 5 with the sole purpose of eliminating nutella from the equation and settling on me and then left. It’s quite easy to throw a dart, but she threw it, hit the wall, and called Bullseye!

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:18 pm Jimmey gets a free pass from me. Sue me. : p
Why does nutella?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:08 pm The game has ended. The civilians have lost and discovered that the real mafioso was Scotty. How could we miss it? How could we let him get away with:
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:27 am That jjj got 3 votes so easily in the first half of day 1 and still is the leading Potential Rabbit (tm) leads me to believe that it’s too easy.

Especially nova’s vote.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Quin and jjj just got into a semantics despute. Nova’s vote is a thumb getting caught in a drawer

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:19 am

Normally I'd be in 100% agreement with you. But something's off with Jay this game, and I've tried to articulate why I think that makes him look bad. What do you think of what I've highlighted?
My initial thought during the Quin/JJJ spat was that they look civ. That hasn’t changed.

I agree with your assessment that jjj engaged with Elo and Quin and essentially no-u’d them, but he didn’t hide that fact either. I think he’s backing up his reasoning and is feeling cagey. Which I don’t blame him for- I’d probably be like that too as the front runner on D1.

I think I have to look at the votes on him first and foremost, because I can’t shake he feeling that he has too many errant votes for bs reasons on him. I don’t like nova’s vote, and I don’t even know why dizzy is voting there. Now you’ve come to the conclusion that he’s bad, and there’s a recipe for a mislynch in a 13 Person game.

Unless everyone votig for JJJ right now is town and we’ve just solved the game lol

But nah.
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:21 pm Someone else get on Floyd please. JJJ should not be lynched day 1

Scotty wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:29 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:04 am Wolbre and Jay teammates
Agreed. Marmot's teammates identified.
I can’t get this quote from marmot’s entrance out of my head. I strongly feel like jjj is town this game, so I don’t think Marmot called out his scummates here. But I currently suspect wolbre and wouldn’t be surprised if Marmot threw in one of his teammates in this too. Marmot votes choutas end of day, wolbre voted early before vhoutas even had votes. Coming in from different angles to form an isosceles triangle. I can see it
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 am I’m Shirt on time but nova’s kill is odd to say the least. Looks like he didn’t have many strong accusations except maybe wolbre. Can’t really link the kill to anyone

It might be too easy but I’m gonna start with a vote for [VOTE: wolbre] aubergine

But am also up for either marmot or MP.

I don’t wanna limit it to just them tho. I don’t wanna feel like I’ve been bamboozled by seemingly town looking players- that’s trouvle. But I currently have no reason to suspect jjj. Lol that’ll probably come in day 4 when he’s stil pumpkins water on the cistern and hasn’t been NK’d

Will check back later in the day
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:18 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:38 pm @Everybody

Only two bad guys remain. It may seem early, but POE is your friend. If you can narrow the pool down to about five suspects, you're giving yourself a great opportunity. If you can't, then you have alerted yourself to the investigative pursuits you need to work on. With 2 mafia alive against 11 civilians, we can mislynch four times before arriving at a LyLo phase (assuming no prevented kills and no shenanigans). Also be aware that the presence of a temporarily lynch-immune bad guy can interfere with that considerably.
I forgot that no-lynch role was in and just had a thought- what if the teammate bussed that player early to get him lynched and gain civ credit? Would that even be worth it?
This crossed my mind too, with the theory that Jay lynched Choutas to give himself an incredibly amound of civ cred. Additionally, Jay is the Cadbury bunny, meaning he has one more teammate that is unlynchable, and since we're probably not lynching Jay anytime soon, they'll cruise for a while.

But this is so tinfoil, I'm not gonna ready to embrace it.
That tinfoil is so sharp you can cut diamonds
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:31 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:46 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:31 pm Yikes this weekend is going to be a drag for a lot of people. I know I’m rather occupied right now, but it’s not a time to be stagnant.

Quick, someone talk about why mp is suspicious before he gets back!
Lynch Jay with me.
You’re being manic right now where your sock is about to unravel, and I like it.

[VOTE: Jay] aubergine
Scotty wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:19 am So I’m currently voting for JJJ and read him as good.
Funny that.
Scotty wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:08 pm Another thing I thought of is that I don’t find MP’s massive tunneling on JJJ that beneficial if he’s mafia because he’s stuck his neck out and made himself a huge target if he’s wrong. The only benefit is possibly mislynching jjj who can be a force to be reckoned with as town.
Scotty wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:48 pm Ok the last few pages as I’m reading them is a big ole oscillation of reads, and I see it started by Epi coming out swinging. He’s seems like he’s flailing looking for more suspects

I feel like Nutella is all over the place but I read her as town as fuck so far and even though it’s probanly confusing the town the more her reads change on a dime, I’m calling her as mucho town read.

JJJ lasting long into the game is something that I remember irked me subconsciously in Ass class, when he was unbelievably town, yet I was convinced he was bad even after the game ended. The difference here is that if he was bad, he would have totally thrown someone under the bus seemingly out of left field so the options here are 1) he spidey sensed that shit D1 or 2) he did something he confesses he would never do as mafia D1 and has been pulling back afterwards deliberately. I’m in the summer camp of divine JJJ who’s just been off his mark the pet few days.
Scotty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 am What a fucking end of day to miss! Good job boyos and thank god you were all right. JJJ coming in hot with that catch at the end.

There is no way in hell that JJJ is bad after that EoD. Surprisingly, Dys looked the worst after I left and in hindsight, next to Quin. I’ll take a detailed look at Colin interactions tomorrow. Everything he’s said in the past day is complete WIFOM and shouldn’t be taken at face value, or even below the belt value, but before he was the main lynch candidate should be entirely enlightening.

So I guess what I’m saying is: let’s lynch marmot tomorrow k
This guy TMI'd me worse than Colin did. It's blatant.

Even when he voted for me he knew I was a civilian.
How the hell am I supposed to respond to this jay? Your opinion of TMI is just me postulating

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:27 pm

I am vomiting.
I AM VOMITING.
I don’t know if I ever responded to that second quote, but the vagueness in my post there was that I figured MP was Gladys and had come out Day 3 swinging because he found you bad. Some things that changed my opinion:
1) earlier in the day, I learned that claiming was legal. Mp hadn’t claimed and I figured he was on to something. So for me to vote for you while still thinking you were good was something that I would only do if MP had a red check.
2) I forgot that Gladys didn’t have a 100% red check on someone, so as Mp was making his case, I started feeling less confident on his case, and since I figured you to already be a top civ read for me I changed my idea.
3) but he never claimed on d3 and so I started getting paranoid that he wasn’t Gladys at all and started looking at cracks in his intention, thinking maybe he was looking to mislynch you.

Also I’m sorry you’re vomiting. I’ll hold your hair

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:39 pm Per the coffee tell:

I think it makes perfect sense. It amuses me that it exists. I have never really thought of it before, but I can absolutely see "sorry I'm confused and need my coffee" type comments reflecting a mafioso who has goofed and wants to blame it on a fluid. That resonates with me. I cannot pretend I have seen any evidence of it being reliable apart from Colin's incident in this game, but it's something I'll look for.

It's no less legitimate than other tells I have looked for in the past, like Why Me? defenses or "What do you want from me?".
It amused me too when I figured out that was how Owner had gotten a handle on reading me. I could totally see how I was preemptively excusing myself for my content, with or without mentioning coffee. But since I drink a lot of coffee, it came up a lot for me. It's fun. : p

I don't get how Scotty don't get it.
I get your intended use for this, and how you think you’re catching someone for saying a catch phrase that has caught you something before, but your insistence on this as being even a sizable portion of your suspicion towards me is laughable. But not actually laughable because it’s not funny to me

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:00 pm Finished Scotty's iso and didn't find anything additional to point out other than what dizzy and I have already talked about. it's enough to make him my backup but for now I am still thinking it is most likely just quin.
Oh come off it. Your contributions towards smearing me have only been secondhand.

Whereas Dys has been a warden with an eye patch you’ve been the Robin from the Joel Schumacher movies. The hard part today for me is figuring out whether or not Dys is a civ going totally blind or you’re just a harmless wind sprite.

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:43 pm My two lynch choices would be Quin and Scotty. I don't even care if I'm wrong, though I don't think I am. Jimmey and Nut would deserve the win.
This post is a fun one on night 4.

Replace “a fun one” with “rancid applesauce”

It’s these straight shooting claims that I think I used to find incredibly civ but as we edged farther into the game are very dangerous is she is civ. “I don’t care if I’m wrong” is a polite way of saying “I’m just going to make a decision, dammit, and facts and futures be damned.”

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Easter Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:01 pm Yeah, Jimmey is town. Marmot is town. Charlie is town.
Nut is almost certainly town.
This is not a bad situation.
Why is nut on a different level than jimmy here? You just concluded that nut and jjj deserve the win if they’re bad.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Then at the start of Day 5:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:39 am I've pretty much decided that I'm never lycnhing Jimmey or Nut. Catching up.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:26 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:40 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:39 am I've pretty much decided that I'm never lycnhing Jimmey or Nut. Catching up.
Why not nutella?
I'll look into it, I guess.

---

I want to believe it's just Quin and that's it.

Can Scotty or someone please provide me with some games where he's played as scum?
Your eyes are getting a little too close together here, and why not nutella? It’s like she arbitrarily picked one of the people in the poe and mathematically deduced that she needed 2 people in her iso to stick with til endgame.

Looking at the math here- on day 5, Colin was already found out, so all she needs is 2 mislynches before the game ends in mafia win.

She leaves herself some tasty options in me and Quin. Quin is already the low hanging fruit from N4- many people saw him as bad. So anyway, she posts a long ISO of me, followed by this:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:04 pm As I observe the continuing dialogue, I think Dizzy wins the tone war. I am just seeing a civilian in my soul here, and I have not been moved by the evidence-based arguments to the contrary. I see them, I understand them, but I don't believe in them. I am inclined to remove them from Day 5 contention at least.

nutella and Scotty both have moments of spark and moments that make me uneasy. While Quin continues to float around as a specter of doom, those two have become a duel over the backup position in my POE. I'm going to review all of the analysis I've done for each to this point to find the most inspiring moments.
K, well, to be fair I haven't paid Quin much mind yet. It could be as simple as Quin is scum, but I just think Scotty looks real bad now. If Quin is town he's making himself an easy target and that's annoying as fuck. But I feel the same way about Quin as I have felt about Epi this game. That said, I will ISO Quin too, cause I need to.
Quin already has the attention of the community and so she keeps me as a main suspect too.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:32 pm The more Quin doesn't post, the more I'm like, ok maybe it's just Quin. I'm reading his ISO next. I need to take breaks though. I'm truly spending too much time on mafia today.
This follows after some time.

It’s funny, because I also fell off the face of the earth around this time, but dys wasn’t getting on my back for that. But she’s back to Quin, keeping her options open, making sure one of us got lynched. There is nothing hypocritical that I can find in her Day 5 (from my skim) but that is duly in part because she only has 2 suspects stemming from N4. Because 2 suspects is all she needs, if she can make a very long and arduous case against someone as she did with me.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:48 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:46 pm Image
Airplaaaaaane. Also, I kind of hate being left alive until endgame lol
Just lol

Now look at these posts in succession:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:58 pm I still haven't ISO'd Quin. But poll runs until Sunday?
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:39 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
Oh wow. Am I ready for this. I think I am.
Before you read into that, please read the most recent exchange between Quin and nutella and report back.
But I'm tired. I may. I may not, sorry. I just caught up in a different game. This is not how my life is supposed to be right now.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:08 pm Quin, you need to understand that Nut is town and Scotty is scum. Forget that I was wrong about Marmot. I was originally right about Colin though I fucked it up. I'm centered, calm and confident again. Meow.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 am I read through Quin's ISO.

I'm still at:

Scotty
Quin
Nut
Dizzy didn’t get delivery, she got a frozen pizza and it wasn’t even Digorno.

Quin already had suspicion, and votes, and it was well founded, so Dys took the easy route. I wonder if Quin would have got the same rap if she had done the same iso breakdown with him as she did with me. But no, she latches on to me, and goes with the flow of the day, as long as one of us went buhbye.

I’m liking this less and less
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:33 pm Jimmey, I don’t think I can convince you of anything beyond what I’ve already said. I do agree it’s not easy still. I just think it’s Scotty, I get the feeling he’s trying to protect himself. Both Quin and Nut seems a bit more forward coming and high strung in combination, and that reads town to me. That’s where I’m at. But I wouldn’t be mad i I’m down-voted. Sorry if this wasn’t helpful. It’s meant to be. : p
So if I had been mislynched yesterday, then where would she have been today? Quin would be her number one. I garauntee it, and I see the setup and offering of responsibility if she were wrong. It’s actually very well crafted here.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

The worst part is, I’ve been doing this to myself and if we lose today because other people are talking louder than me since I’m not around to say any different or set tones or live opinions, then I’m going to take full responsibility for our loss.

Can someone weigh in on what I see with Dys? I think I brought up suspicion against her on d5 or so and jjj promptly shut me down, but I’m seeing a game here where she is an eagle eye and very direct here at the end. She was also an eagle eye in calling Colin town up until his non-lynch

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

There are really only two scenarios here:
One in which Dys knows nutella and I are civ and catfishes Nutella into a case on me
Or
One in which nutella is like Sandra Diaz from survivor- playing by the rule of “any else but me”, which would explain her constant and often unspoken read changes throughout the game.

Which one of you is it?

Return to “Previous Heists”